It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Does your husky howl?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Copperhusky
Newborn
Newborn
Copperhusky

Does your husky howl? Empty
PostSubject: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 3:33 am

I got mine and he occasionally does. I know not all huskies do howl some are really quiet.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:09 am

My red boy howled twice the first year was had him. Nothing since though I've tried to get him to howl by howling myself.
All I got for my efforts was a big paw flopped in my face and a huge bloody scrape down my cheek.

As for the little guy, nope, never a howl.

But both are rather on the chatty side. Particularly when they want something or in greeting.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:52 am

Three dogs here:

1. Avalanche - an Alaskan Husky - barks to get my attention, will howl if I'm playing a video where another dog's howling.
  2. Sky - a Sibe - talks A LOT but I don't think she's howled in the years I've had her.  Maybe in chorus with Avalanche?
  3. Sasha - a Sibe - doesn't bark, doesn't howl but man will she whine when it's time for a meal or the water bowl needs attention.

In general mine are quiet - to the point that if they do make noise I look to see what they're looking at.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 2:00 pm

kenzi will howl sometimes at sirens but every single time at the song Radioactive by the Imagine Dragons. The music in that song sets her off something terrible. Kye never says anything. he doesn't really know how to do more than grunt and snore.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 10:42 pm

Spider (husky/wolf)does a screemy high pitched thing somewhere between a whine amd a howl. Every once an awhile she will do a bark twice that turns into a beautiful wolf howl. She also talks in grunts.

Squirt (husky/indian dog) is a barker but if spider howls so does she. Also she can match every siren that has gone by the vehicle while she is in it. Squirt has a deep wolfy howl.

And ironically both the boys howl now also (not huskies). Shadow (gsd) is not very good at it and splinter (terrier) at all 17 lbs has such a high pitched howl im shocked the windows havent broke.

Back to top Go down
Copperhusky
Newborn
Newborn
Copperhusky

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
Spider (husky/wolf)does a screemy high pitched thing somewhere between a whine amd a howl. Every once an awhile she will do a bark twice that turns into a beautiful wolf howl.  She also  talks in grunts.

Squirt (husky/indian dog) is a barker but if spider howls so does she. Also she can match every siren that has gone by the vehicle while she is in it. Squirt has a deep wolfy howl.

And ironically both the boys howl now also (not huskies). Shadow (gsd) is not very good at it and splinter (terrier) at all 17 lbs has such a high pitched howl im shocked the windows havent broke.

I have a GSD too lol I got the husky as a companion for him and my GSD howls too actually. First howl he ever did was when i was watching a sad you tube video of a puppy crying and he started howling. The husky I go awoooooh then he just does it cuase I do it! lol and he almost only howls when i mimic howling noises.
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 2:33 pm

Yes. At least twice a day. Very loudly. Tulok will start barking at Kavik to play and Kavik's whining/growling sets off Tulok to start howling which sets off Kavik howling. Then no one in the house can hear anything. Sometimes Tulok will start howling because he's bored which again sets off Kavik. If I howl at them they'll also start going.

They're both talkative and the 'talking' always ends up as howling because of the feedback loop.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 7:18 pm

he is supper quite, no howls yet. but some talking at last has stared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky howl?   Does your husky howl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does your husky howl?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1