It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

A true hero -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

A true hero - Empty
PostSubject: A true hero -   A true hero - EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 9:46 pm

Just a man doing what's right:

CNN: 'I had to do it to save everyone': Man breaks into school and shelters more than 20 people from blizzard.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/30/us/blizzard-new-york-rescue-school-break-in/index.html
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

A true hero - Empty
PostSubject: Re: A true hero -   A true hero - EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 10:50 pm

Sounds very colorado mountain town mentality. And i mean not the really touristy expensive second home towns but like where i live.

Saw a great bumper stucker today that i would never in a million years put on my truck but does probably apply to this. And yes its a play on something else

"Lets make america greatfull again"

Anyway happy new years and if you're religious, pray that things like this become more of a common occurrence and less of an anomaly.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

A true hero - Empty
PostSubject: Re: A true hero -   A true hero - EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 12:27 pm

I'll applaud the gentleman and I can't picture any law enforcement officer considering charging him with anything. Saving another's life has to be the ultimate action one can take.

In re the bumper sticker, like you I couldn't picture putting it on my vehicle but sure appreciate the thought.

I'm a person who thinks we can cause more change by example than by prayer. The case in point, he could have stood by his vehicle, prayed for help and frozen to death ... not a good option in my book. Instead he took action and saved his own life along with something like 20 others!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

A true hero - Empty
PostSubject: Re: A true hero -   A true hero - EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 12:56 pm

As far as prayer and god goes - I have always believed that we were given a brain and expected to use it to the best of our ability. Blind obedience and passive acceptance does not compute for me.

Weather has changed here. Drastically. It was 60⁰ here yesterday, we let both stoves for our for the day, running only one overnight and leaving the kitchen/laundry room doors open to the front of the house. Z'ev is delighted😝 Were going to be well above freezing until next Thursday according to today's forecast. Most snow and ice has melted, the grass is green and the dogs are muddy.

As for the bumper sticker? I suspect the vast majority of Americans are way more grateful than credited. Me? Today, I'm grateful for mouse traps. Every damn winter the critters invade my house 😡 I found an upstairs dresser drawer filled with tufts of insulation and a huge pile of seeds from some weed outside. Not a happy camper. I need a cat but hubby severely allergic to cats. So for the time being I'm setting traps before bed after the dogs are settled and picking them up in the morning so I don't have to pull a trap from a puppy tongue🙄
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

A true hero - Empty
PostSubject: Re: A true hero -   A true hero - EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 3:06 pm

Weather - I forget the exact ol' saw but it goes something like "if you don't like it, just wait, it'll change!" and all too quickly or slowly depending on mother nature's mood.  Seems the good stuff goes away soon and the cold, dreary days just seem to linger.
Last weekend we were in the teens, today we're heading toward 75.  Yesterday we were under deep cloud cover, today it's bright and sunny and my solar panels are happy!

Every once in a while I've had mice in the house. That was one of the major reasons I wanted to get an indoor cat.  I've had the pleasant surprise in that Avalanche is an effective mouser.  He's presented me with a couple on the living room floor ... not particularly nice to wake up to but I appreciate the effort.  I guess though that between him being sly and Zeus being rowdy they chased off the mice that typically, like @Amymeme, invade the place over the winter.

Our 10 day forecast threatens us with 60's and 70's for the high and 40's overnight ... the threat is "wait'll you see the surprise in store!"

And it looks like I'm going to have to crawl under this trailer to fix a broken pipe ... the plumbers are either busy or on "holiday" vacation ...  I figure that about the time I get it fixed we're gonna get another freeze and I hope it's not another one in the teens!  The 30's I don't mind too much since I can just leave the faucets in both ends of the trailer on drip; it's the days where the 'drip' comes out and goes "clink" in the sink that bother me!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

A true hero - Empty
PostSubject: Re: A true hero -   A true hero - EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 12:22 am

We had 14 inches of snow fall in 3 hours Saturday while i was at work. There was about 8 inches on the road and white out conditions driving home and the headlights are messed up and what is a 4x4 that is mainly rwd when its in 4x4 but the rear tires are useless? Is that still a 4x4 or front wheel drive? I laugh but after my accident on ice in nov ive been scared to drive when the roads are bad. New tires came today and go on Thursday. Im hoping good all terrain non winter tires with a good winter rating are better then bald all terrain tires with a winter rating. In person they seem a little more aggressive then i wanted, but ill get over that. I cant find a single all terrain tire that does it all and i cant afford 8 tires.

We have deer mice and pack rats. The dogs get them when they arnt in the walls and ceiling and we set traps. I had pet rats and a mouse as a kid and find pack rats adorable BUT i personally know 2 people within 10 miles of here that have gotten hanta virus. Its why i cant clean my enclosed eve spaces and fix upstairs until the bad insulation is gone and the 70s grass green shag carpet is bleached and then everything is cleaned really well. It means pulling the roof.

Blind faith is not a jewish thing or there wouldnt be the books of the rabbi rashi and commentary and all the side books arguing about what was metaphor and what was literal and what was metaphysical.

Now me personally because i smoke ciggs and my mailbox is far away, my junk mail would be the fire starter and the assholes that didnt let me in would be donating thier lawn furniture and fencing to my center of the road bonfire party.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A true hero - Empty
PostSubject: Re: A true hero -   A true hero - Empty

Back to top Go down

A true hero -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1