It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My baby's getting neutered tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

OMG. That was one of the cutest videos ever! He looks so pathetic I love you

I love that Mya is upset that Kody won't play with her.... remember when she wanted nothing to do with him?! lol.

My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Great video! I love how you had hiim give the camera kiss Very Happy BTW, your vet visits with Kody is exactly how Willow acts too! The last time I had to take both Willow and Dakota in at the same time and I will never do that again! Dakota was great...just sat there and waited, Willow was out of control!! I just kept telling everyone that she hasn't learned her manners yet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Jenn, Mya is sad. She's sleeping on the couch now. All depressed..lol. I love your new signature BTW! Super cute!!

Kristina, girl, I have a feeling he'll be back at it by tomorrow! How did you even try to stop them from playing with each other? That's not going to be easy!!! When Mya got spayed it wasn't hard to control her because it was JUST HER..LOL.

Val, Mya didn't want anything to do with food either, but this BOY IS HUNGRY! When he got home he was pacing around the kitchen looking at the top of the fridge (where I keep his Orijen and THK) for like 20min. Oh, and begging for water too. Poor thing. I gave him some chicken broth and that settled him a bit, but he wanted more of that too.

Tori, doesn't he look totally pathetic? You should see him now with the cone on..LOL!!! Mya is so bipolar...I swear! She's upset because she wants to play, but god forbid that she has a toy she likes or something as simple as a leaf and she'll attack him full force. Thank goodness he runs away..LOL!!!

Mindy, he gives 1000 kisses when you ask him ANYTIME ANYWHERE! That was slack one actually..lol. Girl, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with the crazy husky in vet issue. Val gave me no hope either since her Dakota still does it and he's 5. AHHH! LOL! I can't take them to the vet together EVER..no way!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:33 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Val gave me no hope either since her Dakota still does it and he's 5. AHHH! LOL! I can't take them to the vet together EVER..no way!

Yeah, that's not what I wanted to hear either! It also didn't get me into a room faster. Pooh!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Sorry ladies! I didn't mean to squash your hopes that they'd settle down. Who knows maybe yours will settle since they're still pups. Dakota was like this when we adopted him at 2 yrs of age so he didn't have any more growing up to do. There's still hope...I hope! Laughing

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:06 pm

I will hold onto that slim chance of hope! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Ok guys, sorry for the graphic pic, but this looks too swollen to me! Suspect I called the vets office and they said that it's normal for there to be some swelling and that usually when the their testicles were fully grown that it takes a few weeks or months there to be "nothing there".

For those who have gotten their males neutered...did it look like this???

My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 DSC04052
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

It is perfectly normal to have the swelling so I wouldn't freak out just yet and he may have the swelling for several days. My sibe never had an issue with the swelling but when we got our male guinea pig neutered he swelled up quite a bit for several days and it had me totally freaking out! I rushed him back to the vet, sat for an hour in traffic to get him there just to have the vet tell me it was normal post op swelling. Rolling Eyes Better safe than sorry though, if the swelling continues after another day or two I would bring him back to the vet just to be absolutely sure that's all it is.

That doesn't look concerning to me and it will take a while for the sac to shrink up. Took several weeks for our boy who was neutered at 2 yrs old and he still has a little sac there but it's much smaller than an intact males.

Poor Kody having his bits displayed for the world to see! lol!

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I concur with Val, looks very similar to when I had my 2 year old boy neutered. It probably took a week to have all the redness and swelling gone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Oh, good! I feel better now! I mean, I know that there should be swelling, but I didn't think it would be like if his "things" were still there..LOL!!!

He's totally not liking this cone thing either!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Maybe he should have had just a vasectomy.........

oops thats right you swell with that too.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Maybe he should have had just a vasectomy.........

oops thats right you swell with that too.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Well, I went back to work today, but left a little early to come home and check on Kody. I got home to a completely destroyed cone in his crate. That thing cost us $25 Evil or Very Mad

Oh oh, and yeah, you guys were all totally right about not being able to control the running/playing/jumping! He will NOT stop no matter what! Mya doesn't help either. My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 85993
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Melissa, on a side note has his nose cleared up?

And I'm sure a big cone in a crate would have made it hard to turn around.

Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Oh oh, and yeah, you guys were all totally right about not being able to control the running/playing/jumping! He will NOT stop no matter what! Mya doesn't help either. My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 85993[/quote]

Oh no. I know the stress that causes you, but I'm sure he will be fine. At least you know he's feeling better.

Frankie gets the cone off almost as fast as he can slip out of a collar. Last time we went to the vet for his infected hot spots they put a cone on him. He had it off in < 30 seconds in the room. The vet tech looked at me and said "you can't let him do that!" I was like,' did you see me let him do anything, I was talking to you and you were right here too". We literally looked down and he was just looking at us with that proud husky look and the cone under him.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:30 pm

jbealer wrote:
Melissa, on a side note has his nose cleared up?

And I'm sure a big cone in a crate would have made it hard to turn around.

Yep, his nose is all better Very Happy He still has a little pink spot there, but i'm thinking that it's just going to stay that way.

The cone actually wasn't that big and he could sit and turn around in there with no issues. He would even go in there on his own with the cone on.

This is when we first tried it on him. His face is hilarious too..LOL

My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 DSC04051
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:

We literally looked down and he was just looking at us with that proud husky look and the cone under him.

HAHA!!!! OMG I know that proud look very well...LOL LOL! Frankie...he's too much!
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:13 am

Poor Sabaka is at the vet's for his neutering today Sad

Bless his little, crazy heart. He was SO excited to be there... his claws skidding along on the tile... jumping and hopping... He knows not what awaits him!!

I had to make too many decisions! "Do you want blood work or an EKG, how about surgery with a laser or laser for recovery, now let's talk about the IV...???" Holy cow!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Awww poor Sabaka! He'll be fine. Kody is like back to normal, but ate his cone so I have to be constantly trying to make sure that he's not licking the incision. It looks ok so far and most of the swelling has gone down. He has droopy little sacks now..LOL.

Wow, that is a lot of decisions to make! They didn't ask me any of that. Hmmm Suspect

Please let us know when you pick him up. Should be today right?
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm

I will call to check on him at 4:00 but this vet *requires* an overnight stay. I argued that he would be more comfortable at home but she plans to drug him so that he will not even know where he is. I just pictured him alone in a kennel crying and clawing to get out...bleeding everywhere... I always think the worst, I guess.

affraid
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Oh, that sucks! I would NOT have been too happy if they told me that I needed to leave him overnight. I mean, I know that they're doing it for own good and to keep an eye on him, but I would want him home with me. Kody did just fine the first night home. Do you get to pick him up tomorrow morning?

He'll be fine. Especially if he's on doggie drugs Razz
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 pm

I talked to the vet tech around 4:00 and he "opened one eye enough to peek at her" when she checked on him. Around 9:00 in the morning, the doc will evaluate him and he will be released sometime between 10:00 and 3:00. I guess if he's still sedated in the morning, they will watch him slowly wake up before sending him home.

It's quiet here today...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My baby's getting neutered tomorrow   My baby's getting neutered tomorrow - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My baby's getting neutered tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2