It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Claudia's home front

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Claudia's home front  Empty
PostSubject: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Alas, heres a few pictures of the front of our house.

July 2010, here is what the from of our house looked like:
FULL of pansies!
Claudia's home front  Panies

Claudia's home front  026

Then later that summer, we got a hail storm which killed most of the pansies in the lower retaining wall, and hubby decided to clean up the dead plants, but inadvertently ripped them UP! So this summer, almost ALL the pansies did not come back in the lower retaining wall.

Earlier this season, we slowly replanted some flowers - lillies, steppables, and other low perennials, and this is what it looks like today. We still have a gap to fill in, but I think that'll happen later in the fall.
Claudia's home front  Landscaping001

Claudia's home front  Landscaping002

Claudia's home front  Landscaping003

And my lilly (of some sort) finally bloomed! And it looks like I'll have a few of them opening soon!
Claudia's home front  Landscaping004

I have another type of lilly, but I don't know if they will give me flowers this year Sad

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Yeah Claudia!!! looking good. were the lilies and hostas the bulbs you planted?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:00 pm

The lillies were the bulbs I had JD plant in March. They're all along the back of the bottom retaining wall, and around the tree. I saw them at Costco, and looked at the picture on the bag and bought 2 different lillies. Razz I told JD, 'Here, plant these bulbs wherever.' And that's what he did....

We moved the Hostas toward the front as they were kind of hidden, so they now sit in the front of that little tree and a Star Jasmine (I think it's Star Jasmine - some kind of Jasmine), that'll hopefully get bigger and taller.

I want a few more pansies to fill in the bare area, along with a little more steppables, or low perennials, and 1 or 2 more something like a Hosta but different...and then I think it'll be done - just gotta let it fill in with time.

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Jarod and I constantly talk about how gorgeous your house is- your front yard is so lovely! LOVE the lilies Smile
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
Jarod and I constantly talk about how gorgeous your house is- your front yard is so lovely! LOVE the lilies Smile

Aw, thanks!
...and you, Jarod and Koda are welcome anythime! Even for sleep-overs! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 pm

We might not leave!! Especially Koda!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
We might not leave!! Especially Koda!
I love you

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:14 pm

you guys can sleep there and then come over to our place for backyard fun!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:32 pm

jbealer wrote:
you guys can sleep there and then come over to our place for backyard fun!

yes, please Razz (i hope that included G&S too) Smile

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

I say we all join forces and buy a big house with a huge yard!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
I say we all join forces and buy a big house with a huge yard!

Or, we get Kate on board, and buy 2 houses next to each other, and the 2 houses in back of these 2, and then open up the back yard to put 4 yards all together!! That way we have 4 back yards all connected together in between all our houses!

Razz

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:00 pm

i like Claudia's idea!!! and yes that includes G&S!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:03 pm

I got a couple more lillies that opened up:
Claudia's home front  Front_10

Balloon floweres that are blooming:
Claudia's home front  Front_11

Claudia's home front  Front_12

And I can't wait for these day lillies to bloom:
Claudia's home front  Front_13

Claudia's home front  Front_14

And I saw some purple flox that Val has that I liked so I'm going to see if I can find them (assuming they are perennials) and plant them next to the hostas.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Looking good! Oh and that purple flame phlox that i have is a perennial. I got them at True Value. Smile

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:25 pm

I have a row of lillies now, and I LOVE them!
Claudia's home front  Flower10

And my other lillies are now starting to bloom!
Claudia's home front  Flower11

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:10 am

What's the flower in the last pic called? It's gorgeous!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

Huskyluv wrote:
What's the flower in the last pic called? It's gorgeous!

It's some kind of lilly...I bought 2 bags of bulbs at Costco earlier this year, and bought it by the picture on the bag, as long it said it was a perennial and that it wasn't past the planting time for our climate. So I can't tell you what it is other than it's a lilly. Each bag were about $15 and each bag had about 25 bulbs!

Both of the 2 types of lillies I bought are really very pretty. The second one doesn't last for more than a few days after it blooms, but the other one is still nice and pretty even after a week!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:33 pm

oh i love that last pic of the lily as well! none of mine have come up Sad wonder if the bulbs were bad....

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:46 pm

My Day Lilly bloomed!
Claudia's home front  Day_li10

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 3:01 pm

oh thats a great deep yellow! i got to go out and dead head all my plants this weekend and take new pictures, after yesterdays rain my daises are drooping over Sad

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:11 pm

This lilly is around one of the trees we have out front and are from the same bag but they seem to be darker
Claudia's home front  Morelillies005

Another day lilly bloomed after the first on died
Claudia's home front  Morelillies004

My hostas are gonna get a few flowers this year! Seems like with every year, they get one more flower added
Claudia's home front  Morelillies003

And I have a whole row of new lillies of both kinds that bloomed!
Claudia's home front  Morelillies002
Claudia's home front  Morelillies001

I think we're just going to wait until the fall to fill in the rest. I think I have a renter for my condo starting August 15, so if that goes through, we'll get the rest of the plants to fill in September.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Oh how pretty. All my stargazer lilies seem to have flopped, only one is doing semi-okay. It's just starting to open a single flower but the plant itself is very small, maybe only 6 in tall. Neutral

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:43 pm

I LOVE stargazer lilies and they smell so good.

Claudia make sure you cut off the dead blooms to make room for new ones Smile
my hostas in the shade are doing ok.... the ones that are a few yrs old are growing as well as the new ones but not very big yet i wonder if then need more sun. i am tempted to cut more branches off my neighbors trees....

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:01 pm

jbealer wrote:
Claudia make sure you cut off the dead blooms to make room for new ones Smile

They fall off themselves - do I still need to clip the stem down?
(see?! i dunno know nuthin' !)

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:17 pm

if they fall off and nothing is left leave it do not cut it down till everything is done blooming and the plant turns yellow/brown. the longer it stays green the more it establishes it self to grow for next yr. i know on some of my lilies the petals just dry up and stay and it talks up room for the new bloom.

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's home front    Claudia's home front  Empty

Back to top Go down

Claudia's home front

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Gardening Sub-Forum-