It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Acting out in front of others...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

Acting out in front of others... Empty
PostSubject: Acting out in front of others...   Acting out in front of others... EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi, I am still new here and this is my first time posting so here goes... I have a 5 months old beautiful baby girl who is starting to act out in front of other people. Usually she acts out when I try to take her potty, we live in an apartment so there are lots of different people walking around. Well just today she started crying, barking, and scaring this woman and her child because I wouldn't let Anastasiya run up to these people. Usually when we see people she tries to run towards them and jumps on them and completely ignore me. But it is starting to get worse, I feel like people will think I am hurting her when she cries out like this because as you all know they are very vocal and loud. She loves people and if she sees them they have her full attention like she is under some kind of spell I cannot break. Which is bad when I have to try to take her potty because she will not go if these people have her attention and I am left taking her out multiple times in which she will not go until she absolutely cannot hold it anymore. Please help me, I am not sure what to do as she is my first husky. By the way she is not aggressive by any means so I know it is definitely not that, but of course I do not know exactly what it is.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Acting out in front of others... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting out in front of others...   Acting out in front of others... EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forum!

What's she doing is called puppy hood Smile. It's not really new or exciting and you just have to work through it. The best thing I've learned to do is to teach a really good "look" command. Which all that is is if you tell her to "look" - her eyes to meet yours and all her attention and focus is to be on you. Owning a Siberian (and many other breeds of dogs) is all about making yourself more interesting than the people/animals/items/dirt around you. Smile.

For quite a few months each time we saw another dog on a walk -all Bella would do is scream. High pitched, could hear her 4 blocks away. I would put her in a down stay and allow her to watch or I would just turn around and go another way. I also taught her "look". Another thing you can do is if you go to take her out and there are people and she starts acting up you can always just go right back inside until she settles. Eventually she learnS that her behaving that way doesn't get her anywhere fast and it especially doesn't allow her to see the people she so desperately wants to see.

Acting out in front of others... Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down

Acting out in front of others...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1