It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Must stay active!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Must stay active! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:46 pm

I have no clue how you guys have issues with 1,200 calories.. having 300 calorie meals is usually hard and they're usually so small! x3 = 900, and that's with no snacks. You guys are crazy.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Well, I feel much better today! I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, worked out triceps, and then went jogging/walking with the pups. That earned me an additional 401 calories! Which means that I now have 581 calories left. Including dinner (which I haven't had yet and I'm not even hungry!). This is what I had today to total the 581 calories:

Breakfast:
Western Alternative Veryberry Bagel w/ light cream cheese = 140 calories
2 hard boiled egg whites = 34 calories

Snack:

Fiber One bar = 140 calories

Lunch:

Left over PF Changs Mongolian beef = 506 calories

Snack:

3 whole wheat crackers = 65 calories

Dinner:

1 thin sliced chicken breast w/ steamed veggies = 110 calories
1 Corona Light = 99 calories (yes I had to..lol)

See, I eat! I Just get full! Now put plate of pasta in front of me and I'll down the entire thing without even thinking and then feel like puking Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Oh and Val, yep, I agree with Heather! You're going to be one super cute preggo chic that's all belly! Then a month after the baby be totally back to normal!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
I have no clue how you guys have issues with 1,200 calories.. having 300 calorie meals is usually hard and they're usually so small! x3 = 900, and that's with no snacks. You guys are crazy.

I'd die at 1200 calorie days. I eat like a Hobbit as I need to eat every 3 hours or my blood sugar plummets like crazy. If I stay at 2500 cals per day I still lose weight. Life is good as long as I stay away from any sort of sugar shocker which I normally avoid. Nuts and berries yes, grubs no I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:51 am

i don't think i've exercised since last Thursday. definitely going to the dog park tomorrow, feeling rough. ugghhh! also today was a terrible day, went way over 1200cals, never happens lol I think it's cause McDonalds got pumpkin pies, yuuum!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
i don't think i've exercised since last Thursday. definitely going to the dog park tomorrow, feeling rough. ugghhh! also today was a terrible day, went way over 1200cals, never happens lol I think it's cause McDonalds got pumpkin pies, yuuum!

If you really try to get a decent work out in at least 5 days out of the week you'll totally see the difference! I know it sucks, but it works girl...go for it!!!

Oh, and YUMMMMMMMMM pumpkin pies!!! lol
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Omg pumpkin anything is my absolute weakness. I know it sounds gross but the pumpkin cream cheese from einsteins is amazing!!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:17 pm

LOL, dude it sucks so hard, I freaking work at McDonalds. It kills me not eating anything there, just my caramel apple parfait, minus the caramel ughh!

I usually do 3 miles 6 days a week with the dogs, but man this week has been so hectic, I had the dumbest hours ever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Jennet, McFlurrys are my mom and mine's weekend lol. Claudia can vouch for me, all on the way down from our hike I just kept saying how I was gonna get a MCFLURRY!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:49 pm

McFlurrys are so freaking good, but man they have so many calories! it's like 700 in an oreo one!
It's so hard to resist a shake, a medium has 780! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:15 pm

What's odd is McDonalds is one of the healthier fast food places. I don't even care how many calories that McFlurry has, mmm.. it's mostly the oreo cookies. Pretty sure like 3 of those suckers is 400 calories lol
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:25 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Omg pumpkin anything is my absolute weakness. I know it sounds gross but the pumpkin cream cheese from einsteins is amazing!!!

Mine as well! I have a really good pumpkin cookie recipe (not mine). I get requests to make them at work, everyone loves them!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Wow I haven't had a McFlurry is SO LONG!!! Now I want one! Thanks for the reminder girls...lol!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Ooooh Mindy, what's the recipe?! Mel, go get one.. you deserve it (is what I tell myself lmao)
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
Ooooh Mindy, what's the recipe?! Mel, go get one.. you deserve it (is what I tell myself lmao)

Oh, I totally will!!! Probably Saturday after the meet up!!! After being out in the heat I deserve one..haha. Totally just an excuse!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 pm

You can make these cookies two different ways. If you don't ice them, then add a bag of chocolate chips to the batter, but, the icing is what makes these cookies soo good!

1 C Butter
1C Sugar
1 Can of un-spiced Pumpkin
1 Egg
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon (I double this)
1/2 tsp Salt
2 C Flour.
Bake at 350 degrees

Icing
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Milk
3 tsp Butter
Boil for 2 minutes, take off heat and add powder sugar. It hardens pretty quickly so immediatly poor over cooled cookies.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 pm

A GOOD excuse, LOL! And YUM! I can't wait to bake those!
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

Female Join date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 am

Melissa I feel the same way!! I am 5'2 and as of 3 weeks ago I weighed 123lbs... the highest I have ever been and I was completely disgusted with it! Not to mention my grandma and dad of all people when I went home a few weeks before that were joking that I have a "tummy" that I never had before. I am currently doing the GSP RushFit workout program... I am 3 weeks in and my last date with the scale read 118.6 lbs. I still want to get down to 105 lbs and everytime I tell people that they tell me I am going to look sick, but I'm not! I have bigger legs for my size, a lovely runs in the fmaily "bubble but" as my family calls it, and the never loved love handles. I have 5 weeks to go in my 1st round of this workout program and I hope to be down to at least 112 lbs.

I eat out maybe 2 or 3 times a month tops now. My husband works swing shift in the army so I am home alone from noon until night, so I don't make big dinners anymore. I wake up, have something small for breakfast, workout, eat a big lunch, and then snack on veggies and fruit the rest of the day.

I too am in a big rut right now, I have skipped my past 2 days of workouts Must stay active! - Page 2 85993 I really am regretting it because I look in the mirror and still don't see the results that I want. I think for us smaller people we are more hard on ourselves because 5lbs on us is like 15 lbs on taller people, and they do not understand that. They just hear 105lbs and automatically think skeleton because for them that would not be an ideal weight. I have my "ideal weight" goal set, but I'm trying to go more by how I look. If my legs and love handles get trimmer and my rear gets more tone then I think I will be happy.

I'm right there with you! Good luck getting out of your rut! I am trying to dig out of mine as well. I'm gonna start making myself take the dogs on 2 walks a day (which will be 4 walks for me since I have to walk them separately) and that'll get me more cardio, while making my puppies happy too! Smile
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Yeah, I know what you guys mean, too. I'm 5'2" and about 125. I'd like to get down to about 115, but I get sooo bored with planned exercise. And it doesn't help that every time I start losing weight and feeling good, I go visit my mom and she tells me I'm too skinny. -_-

This time change is making me bonkers, too! It's pretty much dark the whole time that I'm home now. Sad At least I was walking the dog a mile or so every day before. Now I'm not sure how to exercise her, and I feel guilty exercising without her when I think that she hasn't been getting enough. (If anyone understands that, I'm guessing you folks will.)
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:27 pm

pixipanda wrote:
Yeah, I know what you guys mean, too. I'm 5'2" and about 125. I'd like to get down to about 115, but I get sooo bored with planned exercise.

I do too!! My workout videos are just the same thing over and over and over, it's getting so boring and hard to be motivated to turn them on and keep doing them! I wish there were free personal trainers!! Wink
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Walking with the doggies is my exercise when I don't go to the gym. When I do go to the gym then I guess I get double that day because the dogs still get walked the same amount. Kayla, like you, I used to walk each of them separately, but I felt like they weren't getting enough. I work 9-5 so I don't have that much time to walk them after work. When walking them separately they were getting about 20min only. Not enough! Now that I walk them together they get about 45-1hr. It's not easy though. That's for sure! Took me a lot to feel comfortable walking them together. It's still hard when they see another dog or a squirrel. Thank god I work out arms and legs often Razz Why can't you walk them together? They pull a lot?

Miranda, what time did you walk her before the time change? It's driving me insane also! It's like I have to rush home to change, get leashed up and go. If I'm home just 10-15min later there goes the walk. I need to be out walking them by 530pm and by the time I get back home (615-ish) it's already dark. I used to walk them every morning also, but I've just been such a bad mommy the past few weeks and haven't done so silent Out of pure laziness to be honest! They wake me up between 6 and 615am so I could very easily stay awake, make coffee, and give them a good walk before work.

I'm glad there are other tiny girls out there that totally understand me! Just stick to it and you'll get there. You know what really worked for me? Cycling/spinning class at the gym. When I did it 3 times a 3 week I lost 10lbs in month! I love it! I've been slacking on going though. Went back for the first time in like 3 months last week and boy was I sore the next day!!! Luckily I have a gym in my office building and I go down during lunch almost everyday, but I don't feel that's enough!
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 pm

KaylaNL wrote:
I wish there were free personal trainers!! Wink

haha! That's what my dog is supposed to be! She was doing a good job before the time change, too. Even though it was just a walk and a romp around the yard, it was better than coming home and plopping down in front of the tv or computer for most of the evening. I'm soooo lazy when it's dark outside. (Yes, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Laughing )

I used to walk her around 6pm. That would give me time to get home (around 5), make some dinner, then take her out for a walk in time to get her back for her mealtime. Today it was pitch dark at 5:30! I'm thinking about trying to find a well-lit park to go to. I might feel safer.

I was so hoping my office would have a gym when we moved here! No such luck. I do walk on both of my 15 minute breaks most days, though. I've never tried a spinning/cycling class. They sound pretty intense! But 10 lbs in a month is pretty tempting, too. XD Do you have any tricks for staying motivated, Melissa?
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:37 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Why can't you walk them together? They pull a lot?

Walking just one is like walking a horse that is trying to run lol. I was so fed up today that finally I just took them outside to play, Blitz on the 20 foot leash and Bullet leashless with his ecollar. They got their exercise without my arms dying. Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:38 pm

How about walking her right when you get home, Miranda? I walk them the minute I get home and then start on dinner. I have a park a block and 1/2 from my house, but I've given up walking them there because so many people leave their dogs off leash and it's just a mission! I walk them down a trail that runs parallel to main street...right under the metro rail. It's perfect, but when it gets dark the weirdos come out. I MUST walk them before that.

The gym in the building is really small, but it has what I need. A few treadmills, stair master, and 2 bikes. Plus all of the weights you would need. I go to Ballys for spinning though. Yep, 10lbs in a month, but I was eating right and working out during lunch also. The spinning is what did it though. I, for the most part, eat healthy and always do some sort of exercise. The spinning is what got the pounds off! It's TOTALLY INTENSE though. The first class, I thought I was going to pass out within the first 10min..lol. Now I can do the entire 45min, but I've been going for like 2 years. I would look into it if you have a gym that offers it in your area.

Tricks for staying motivated? Hmmm, hard to say honestly. I've just always been very active and conscious of my weight, BUT I absolutely LOVE food!!! It's so hard for me to diet!!! Oh, pasta, pizza, rice, burgers, name it, I love it..lol. The working out isn't my issue. It's the eating right that drives me up the wall! I'm good though (at least during the week), but PIG OUT on the weekend! What works for me is thinking...ok if I want to drink a few beers and eat what I want this weekend I must bust my butt everyday and eat right!

Sucks to be a girl, huh?!
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 pm

I guess I´m good in pullin gout old topics today Very Happy.

Melissa pushing the fact aside that you are fine, being annoyed by people telling you that is a good thing because that means you are not happy with it, and only if you ar enot happy with it you can move your ass to change something.
We all don´t see us as we look when we look into the mirror tha tis normal.

if you really want to change something a propber diet is th emos timportant thing.
If you tell me what your exact goal is I can help you. Ok sounds silly but I can give you some good advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must stay active!   Must stay active! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Must stay active!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next