It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:01 pm

libbybell74 wrote:
Well I found a rescue about and hour and a half from me and they are all husky. I sent them an email asking some questions. Hopefully we can have a new addition in the next month or so. Just in time for Christmas would be nice. I will keep everyone informed. I'm excited now.

I was wondering if you all think it's better to get a male dog when I have a female or doesn't it seem to matter. I'm just concerned about having 2 lead females. I have noticed that most of you have a male and a female, and was wondering if this was better.
Thanks again everyone.

What rescue did you inquire about? There are quite a few in the Chicago area that wouldn't be too far for you.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:09 pm

I think it was husky rescue.org, it is in harvard,IL. I found a few on there that I would like to find out more. 2 of them are male and 1 is female. they are all so cute.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:17 pm

libbybell74 wrote:
I think it was husky rescue.org, it is in harvard,IL. I found a few on there that I would like to find out more. 2 of them are male and 1 is female. they are all so cute.

Yep, that's Free Spirit Rescue I was mentioning on my thread on Willow. I haven't put in an app yet, I'm still waiting to hear from Nothern Lights, but they are my next avenue. Which ones are you looing at?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:19 pm

libbybell74 wrote:
Maybe this is there way of telling us we are not enough for them anymore. they are bored with just mom and dad and want a sibling. lol

Agreed!!!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 pm

I was looking at Skye, Mitchell and I cant remember the other name. Its so hard to choose because I dont know if I should look at male or female. Is it better to have one of each? They are all so cute and hard to pick from. I like the idea of having one close to Libbys age though.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Mitchell reminds me of a Malamute, even though I know he isn't. I also love Skye's mask! I really like Dakota3's beautiful mask and bi-eyes!. I did email them to find out if they had limits on location since I had that issue with another rescue in the Chicago area and luckily they will adopt out as far as 4 hours awway. I am 3 1/2 hours from them so I barely made it. Good luck and keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Good luck to you as well. i asked them about location as well, because im out of the state. Hopefully they will. You think they would be happy to have people interested in these wonderful dogs.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Well, Mya is in her first time out in the bathroom! Her good streak tonight was out lived..lol Poor Kody is keeping her company outside the door and will not move. Awww...
Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 IMG00287-20111116-2014
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Kody sympathizing because he knows the feeling all to well?
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh poor Kody, he is wondering why Mya just doesnt behave. hope you put away the toilet paper and garbage and whatever she could destroy. at least thats what i would have to do. stay strong.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Dee, LOL! Yep, he definitely knows it well!!!!

Christine, I MUST put EVERYTHING away when it's Kody, but Mya's over the destroying stuff stage (thank god for that!). Only took 4years..lol. She spent the entire time sniffing Kody under the door. I would move him because she needs to be alone, but he would go back to keep her company. So funny
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

It like if your in timeout so am I. I dont want you to be alone. they crack me up. its so funny how we punish them and we try so hard not to laugh at the little shit like that. its like a toddler that is naughty but yet funny. hope she starts to behave.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 am

They're definitely like toddlers, but they just never grow out of it..lol.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:37 am

How long is Mya behaving like this now? It is a bit strange that she starts with those things with five years.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:40 am

I want a vid of this Mel! LOL!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 am

SiberianAnubis wrote:
How long is Mya behaving like this now? It is a bit strange that she starts with those things with five years.

She's always been bitchy and a total diva. It's just that I'm sick of it now! I see how Kody is and she pisses me off. I guess I just let her slide for too long silent

Edit: BTW, it's not all the time. She just has her moments.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Every dog has his specific charakter. Mya reminds me of Anubis when he wa syounger. He is a dominant dog too. He is well behaved now but there are still moments where he tries to push boundaries. I think if a dog has a dominant charakter such things will never stop completely.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Agreed! I don't think it will ever stop completely. I just want her to be somewhat better. Which she really has improved with the NILIF training, but she's still a total diva!
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:57 am

The only thing that helped with Anubis was showing him who is the boss in every situation. Make decisions before she does it and another important thing is to demand what you want, even if she does not want to do it or tries to trick around it, everything you want from her she hast to do, just because you want it. This should help
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:30 pm

I worked with a professinal dog trainer to train Anubis the guiding stuff, if you want I could ask her what is the best to handle her divaness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!    Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seriously SICK of Mya's Attitude!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3