It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Might foster a young sibe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 pm

He is super cute! His face is adorable. Glad that he is doing better!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:27 am

He's too funny! He will definitely find a home very quickly
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:58 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:
He's too funny! He will definitely find a home very quickly

No kidding! I have half a mind to drive out there and steal him myself... If only I could strong arm Aaron and sweet talk the landlord...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:50 am

What a cutie! I hope it all works out!

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:28 pm

So we decided to not take Cole to the shelter and just keep him for the month to legally adopt him. He's going to get neutered soon and then the search for a new home!

I worked at the Home for the Holidays adoption event at Seminole County Animal Services today. I snuck into stray and saw a beautiful blue eyed white with silver on her back sibe! She is soooo pretty! I read her card and she's going to be there for another 6 days in stray. She had a microchip and they called the people. They said they gave her to someone else, so they called them. They said they gave her to another home! So they called them and none of them want her back! Sad Poor pup has been bounced around from home to home. So my mom is going to pull her as soon as her stray time is up! Cole will have a girlfriend! lol.

Oh and there was a poor extremely skinny brown and white husky there too. Poor thing's collar had grown into her neck! It left a terrible sore around her whole neck. The officer who found her is going to foster her, thank goodness. Poor thing is in such bad shape, but still very sweet.

Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Oh man, I don't get how someone can let a collar grow into their pets neck! That is such neglect! I hope she gets a much better home after fostering. You will have to post pics of the new girl you and your mom are taking on. I bet Cole will be a happy boy with a girlfriend. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Well, I guess Cole might never meet the white sibe, cause we found him a home!!!! Very Happy One of the ladies at the snowdog meet up today overheard me talking about him and was really interested in getting a second husky. Her and her husband just got done meeting him and they sound like they want him! I'm so happy! They are great husky parents and I'll get to see him at all the meet ups! He just needs to get neutered on Wednesday and then they will get him on Thursday. They have a little red and white right now that's the sweetest little girl ever! I think it will be a good match.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:23 pm

aw yay for cole!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm

That's wonderful Sara! Tell them to join so we can continue to see Cole! Smile He's such a looker!

Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Woohoo Cole! Can't wait to see the new little girl too! Smile Hmmm..red and white boy in Florida. Melissa? Smile
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Cole, now Corbin, is in his new home and they love him! Actually they picked him up last night from my house which was a bit of chaos since they brought their sibe with and all they wanted to do was play! He loves playing with their sibe, Lilu, and they've been getting along great so far. I'm so glad he's in a good home and surprised at how quickly we found him a home! We were waiting to put him on Petfinder or to advertise him at all until he was neutered, but 2 days before his neuter, Kristen overheard me telling another person in the snowdog group about him and that was all it took! She's so happy to have him and says he's a little momma's boy which she likes since their other one is a daddy's girl. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Awesome!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Partners in crime!
Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 385027_10150529250161103_542661102_10352968_229017640_n

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:29 pm

That's awesome!!! So glad that he found his forever home with an adorable sister I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might foster a young sibe   Might foster a young sibe - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Might foster a young sibe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2