It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Introducing Kaiha

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-12-08

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:16 am

Sooooo im currently deployed, and my wife picked up my new baby girl to be waiting for me when I get home, I have always wanted a Husky, its my dream dog, so i did some searching on the internet, and found a husky breeder near my wife, and put down the deposit on a new puppy Born Oct 28, 2011, she is black and white with Blue eyes, ( my dream husky)

Well with out further delay here is Kaiha as my wife just picked her up.

Here she is in the photo 2 weeks old that the breeder sent me \
Introducing Kaiha IMG_0808

here are a couple my wife sent me arfter she picked her up and got her home im so excited to meet her

Introducing Kaiha Kaiha1
Introducing Kaiha Kaiha2
Introducing Kaiha Kaiha3
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 am

She's gorgeous! You're in for one wild ride! Can't wait to watch her grow up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 am

Thanks. I cant wait either, Yea i know the ride im in for, being deployed, in the last month ive done nothing but research this dogs, this is gonna be fun. Im so happy i finally have the dog of my dreams.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 am

Welcome! As Brooke said you guys are in for a wild ride, but you will find a wealth of information on this site.

Stay safe on your deployment! I'm military too - Navy, and we have a handful of other military members as well. Kaiha is beautiful and I'm looking forward to watching her grow up. Take lots of pictures, she will grow faster than you'd believe was possible. It seems like just yesterday we had a little puppy, and now she's a mouthy, bratty, almost fully grown teenager Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Introducing Kaiha 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:34 am

hello and congrats on your new pup Smile having picked up mine 10days ago - it feels like I've had him a lifetime! they're hard work but so worth it! no amount of research you do can prepare you for all the challenges she will bring you Smile Mine is nearing the 10week mark now and he's changed so much - more confident & so so smart! You're going to have an amazing time bringing her up - you're also going to lose all your hair and be driven complete insane!

good luck and post more pics as she grows Smile
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:38 am

sucks for my wife, as she is the one gonna be raising for the next month or so as i finish out my deployment and come home, my wife is pretty good with dogs though she has 2 full grown Danes back home that are amazing.

Wife is already talking about getting another one as a playmate.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 am

You'll find plenty of tips in this forum but I'll give you only one.
Make the breeder keep the pup until its at least 8 weeks of age.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:11 am

wave Congrats on the new pup!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Welcome and Congrats on your new Pup, some wife you got there dealing with the pup for a month till you get home, potty training, nightly wake ups, crying, oh yeah sounds like having a baby!

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeah, that's a bit young to take a puppy from its mother and littermates. If you two do choose to get another puppy, please read our section on finding a reputable breeder. Puppies really shouldn't go to their new homes until they are at least 8 weeks old.

Anyway, congrats on the new addition! Huskies are a lot of work, but wonderful. lol.

Introducing Kaiha Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Poor puppy, she's not even 6 weeks old yet and has already been separated from her mother and littermates. You and your wife may be in for extra work with this puppy having been removed at such a young age. It makes one doubt the quality of the breeder she comes from, if this breeder is removing puppies at such a young age I would strongly urge that if you get another it is with someone more reputable.

Nevertheless, what's done is done and she is a cutie. Congratulations and I hope the next month passes by quickly for you so you can meet your new little furry bundle of joy! Smile

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Puppies learn bite inhibition from their mother and littermates, so you'll have to work on that a lot with her.

Introducing Kaiha Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:03 pm

SaraB wrote:
Puppies learn bite inhibition from their mother and littermates, so you'll have to work on that a lot with her.

That and a whole host of other socialization skills are learned during this crucial developmental period. Hence why you may have more work ahead of you than someone who brings home an 8-12 week old puppy. It's doable though, just more work for you and your pup.

Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
SaraB wrote:

That and a whole host of other socialization skills are learned during this crucial developmental period. Hence why you may have more work ahead of you than someone who brings home an 8-12 week old puppy. It's doable though, just more work for you and your pup.

Totally agree. I got Kale at 5 weeks but not from a breeder. The mouthing was INSANE. It took A LOT of work and consistency to create a soft mouth. It's not impossible, but it will take a while, I'm not gonna lie. It took a few months and lots of battle scars training Kale, but he is worth it I love you
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:22 am

I hear what you guys are saying about the the age thing, but according to my wife the dog is doing great and really getting along with out cat, the play around and lay and cuddle together apparently, the dog has already learned her name, is doing well with potty training, doesnt really chew on much, and is learning sit. She said she is picking up on things fast and doing really well. Sleeps with my wife everynite and doesnt go potty in the bed at all and is learning to signal when she needs to go, but still has an accident here and there.

i really cant wait to meet her and she looks like she is doing well.

here is a pic my wife sent me of her sleeping and said she sleeps in the wierdest positions
Introducing Kaiha Kaiha5
Introducing Kaiha Kaiha5
Introducing Kaiha Kaiha7

here is her and her sister Kasha the cat

Introducing Kaiha Kaiha8

here is a video of her playing around

Introducing Kaiha Th_VIDEO0013
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 am

She's so tiny! Very cute too Smile

Glad to hear that she is doing well, keep up the good work and tell your wife not to get lax with the potty training even if you guys think she's getting it. We got a little lazy with Ghost after she had learned the signals and everything, and there was still a period of time that probably lasted a good month, that if we didn't have eyes on her constantly she'd sneak off and pee somewhere.

That's a great picture of her with the cat, and I'm glad they get along so well. It took our cats a while to get used to Ghost, and they are now to the point that one of them will play and the other just sort of taunts her. I think all of our dogs sleep in crazy positions like that too. Sometimes you just have to sit back and go "how can that be even remotely comfortable?"

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Introducing Kaiha 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:05 pm

im hoping you just have huge remotes cause she looks soooo small next to them!
the sleeping and playing are all husky so enjoy the smiles and laughs she will bring you! and keep up the training!

Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:02 pm

I love the little pink puppy bellies. You are going to enjoy her so much. Very cute.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Mike, that's great that she's making great progress so far. Just don't let your guard down, I wouldn't expect the issues we're warning about like bite inhibition and socialization to rear their ugly side at a mere 6 weeks old. Those things are more likely to show up months later if they are an issue at all. I just don't want you guys to drop your guard because she's doing so well so far, she's still VERY young yet. Wink

Newborn
Newborn

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 am

Introducing Kaiha Kaiha9

to adorable not to post.

Thank you everyone for the advice, I cant wait to get home and meet her and train her up right to be an amazing dog, she is already on the right track.
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 am

Couple updates. Kaiha is doing amazing, and learning fast, my wife sent me a video of her sitting, shaking and is currently learning to lay down. I was on the phone with her and I could hear her "singing" in the background. She is almost 11 weeks now, and adorable.. here are a couple more pics of her

there are older but i just got these ones..
Introducing Kaiha LilysBirthday84of163
Introducing Kaiha LilysBirthday80of163
Introducing Kaiha LilysBirthday77of163

there are just last nite

Introducing Kaiha IMAG2206
Introducing Kaiha IMAG2182

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:32 am

I love those dog dishes! Oh she is growing fast, but not as fast as her ears! Love that puppy stage

Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am

She is adorable Smile
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:54 am

havent really updated since i have been home from my deployment but Kaiha is doing amazing and is almost 5 months now and around 28 lbs. She is graduating from Puppy classes at petsmart next week and is learning everything very quickly. here are a couple pics from the last couple days

Introducing Kaiha 2012-02-24_12-49-30_64
Introducing Kaiha 2012-03-15_10-04-20_890

I will get more later I love her and she is starting to look more mature everyday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducing Kaiha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Kaiha

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next