It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Introducing Kaiha

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 pm

omg she has sure grown!!! What a pretty girl I love you

I was looking at the first post's in this thread and noticed her and my puppy were born on the same day!! October 28, 2011 Smile
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks, She is adorable I love her and she is really smart, stubborn but smart.

I am wondering why one of her ears wont stand up though? Any ideas? She is a little over 4 months old, and is starting to get her adult teeth. I have read it can be because of that. Im just hoping nothing is wrong. Anyone else had this problem?
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:30 pm

She is a doll Smile
Give it time it will stand up. Some times it takes one longer then the other.
I remember my GSD had one ear completely up and one down for like a month it was really cute and then after about a week it up.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh, she is just GORGEOUS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:07 am

She looks great! And thanks for your service - Air Force/Indiana ANG here. Can't wait to see even more pics of her.
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Well her ear finally popped up, and she is doing amazing, she is a great smart dog, and all her puppy teeth are gone and been replaced already

here is a new pic of my gorgeous girl

Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 2012-03-24_11-03-37_428
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:01 pm

She is sooo big and so cute!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 pm

well here is an update, and I got a few questions... as im a bit worried or confused... she is about 1.5 years now, and is still only aqbout 35 lbs. and has stopped growing, she still hasnt even blown her coat once yet? she is tiny compared to every husky she has run into? im thinking I may have gotten the runt or not a fully husky although her paper show she is. Anyone got any tips or suggestions. Well here she is.

Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 49710
Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 01410
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:59 pm

That picture with the cat is hilarious! I wouldn't be worried honestly, the breed standard for females is 35-50 lbs. She looks a tad on the lean side, but so did Ghost until just recently when she started to fill out a bit. Kaiha will probably start filling out some in another 6 months or so, but even still she is within breed standard. She's probably just a more petite girl, and the Huskies that you've encountered have probably been poorly bred and are out of standard. The lack of coat blow isn't really a concern either, there are some Huskies that have a more constant shed year round instead of the big coat blows.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:02 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
That picture with the cat is hilarious! I wouldn't be worried honestly, the breed standard for females is 35-50 lbs. She looks a tad on the lean side, but so did Ghost until just recently when she started to fill out a bit. Kaiha will probably start filling out some in another 6 months or so, but even still she is within breed standard. She's probably just a more petite girl, and the Huskies that you've encountered have probably been poorly bred and are out of standard. The lack of coat blow isn't really a concern either, there are some Huskies that have a more constant shed year round instead of the big coat blows.

Thank you! I also noticed your in pasadena? Im in Rockville in MD ha well i guess ill see if she fills out... when i say she is 35lbs i mean barely... she got to that at about 7-8 months and just stopped.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:09 pm

My Sheba will turn a year old on May 3 and she has consistently weighed in at 34 pounds for multiple months. She is about 21" , just a little bit over. Don't worry Smile.

Sheba also hasn't blown her coat either, not her puppy coat either. Hopefully she lets go of it soon, the wait is making me crazy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah, we just moved to Pasadena in December. I started an H2M2 group for Maryland, and we just had our April meet today. We have a facebook page if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/190452957669203/

I'll be posting the May meet up soon, and it will probably be either in Baltimore or back a little closer to you.

As far as filling out, Ghost stayed firmly at 41 lbs for about a year, and just recently brought it up to 45. She's tall though, actually a full inch out of standard.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Kay is only about 35 pounds and Sophie is 38 pounds. Sophie is on the lean side, she's still tall and lanky and she's 1.5 years old too.
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Kaiha is just so pretty! I love her facial expression in the top photo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Kaiha is so pretty. I would not be too worried about her weight. When we got our little girl Kerian she only weight 38 lbs and was about 2 years old she is not now almost 3 years and weights about 45 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 am

She's adorable. We got our first husky Balon because he was my husbands dream dog, and I had my lab puppy. Now we have two huskys one just a baby lol. I soo love the breed! Good luck, she is adorable!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 am

I wouldn't worry - there are huskies at the park that are wayyy bigger than Stark and everybody looks at me all weird like I have a deformed husky - I just let them know that he falls within breed standard and those other "huge" huskies don't. Stark's pretty lean now too - but I read that huskies take up to two years to really fill out.

Also, a lot of people aren't aware of the difference between a Husky and a Malamute so they may just be thinking about the wrong breed in their own heads.

Nothing to worry about - you've got a gorgeous girl there!
Back to top Go down
mikesully86
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words... I love her to death, but she sure is a handful. I cant wait to get another puppy for her to play with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Kaiha   Introducing Kaiha - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Kaiha

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2