It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm willing to bet it's a different outcome in a more animal friendly state.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:11 pm

...since when is PA not "animal friendly"?

So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Lordbroll wrote:

I was wondering about that. I do not know what the laws are in PA but if you are allowed to have 26 dogs/cats at once, there probably isn't very many laws. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Each municipality city town and even developments set their own regulations - that's the law for the state regarding kennel licenses. Where I live in a house as a homeowner I cannot have more than 4 animals.

Without evidence that is CONCLUSIVE they cannot prosecute. I'll be the first person to say that to me what she's doing is wrong - but the video however is NOT clear whether she actually PENETRATES. (to me it looks like she does but again it isn't CLEAR).

I actually find it very offensive to say PA isn't "animal friendly". That's a very VERY big generalization.

Last edited by Niraya on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:25 pm

iceblulady wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:

I was wondering about that. I do not know what the laws are in PA but if you are allowed to have 26 dogs/cats at once, there probably isn't very many laws. Crying or Very sad

No anti chaining law, puppy mills rampant, Oklahoma and Missouri are worse. They welcomed Michael Vick. With ten minutes of research I'd bet I'd come up with more but not at my pc.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Did you really try and justify PA being not "animal friendly" because the eagles picked up Michael Vick? Really? Or am I misunderstanding you again?

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Niraya wrote:
Did you really try and justify PA being not "animal friendly" because the eagles picked up Michael Vick? Really? Or am I misunderstanding you again?

That's just one example. They allow dogs to be sold in pet stores, like I mentioned no anti chaining laws. In the bottom tier in 2011.

http://www.aldf.org/downloads/ALDF2011USRankingsReport.pdf

I don't know what kind of evidence is conclusive then, you must have watched a different video. 90% of people that watch that would call it abuse, I'd bet money on it.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm actually on the fence about that video. While it's not something *I* would EVER do, I would have to see her actually interact with her dogs outside of bringing them out to go to the bathroom. Are they afraid of her normally or are they just not fans of being forced to poop?

Again, I would NEVER do anything to force my dogs to eliminate unless it were a medical situation, but I know of a lot of show people who use certain practices to avoid bathroom moments in the show ring. I understand just because it's done that doesn't mean that it's okay... but I think there is a fine line that the woman is treading.

What's more... in my opinion she is definitely unnecessarily rough with them, but I know there are a lot of people who are rough with their dogs as well in certain situations... there's a line and she's definitely walking it.

Would I EVER leave my dogs in her care? No way in hell. Would I call what she does ABUSE... perhaps, but if there is a spectrum of abuse, I think she is most certainly on the lower end of it. Flame me all you want, but I wasn't absolutely outraged or sickened by that video as I have been videos of animal abuse in China... just saying.

So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:59 pm

I was just going by the state law in PA that says you can have 25 dogs with out a kennel license. If the state is going to let someone have that many dogs with out a license that is nuts. How does one or even 2 people have the means or time to take car of that many dogs at once. Not to mention the puppy mills. How many laws do they have that protects the animal.
I am not saying they are not pet friendly. But how much abuse does an animal have to take before the state of PA say it's abuse.
What if someone did this to a child did things to make them poop, grabbed them around the neck drag them around. That person would be in jail in a heartbeat. So why is it different for a dog??

I am sure there are other states that probably have less laws for dogs. But PA is the state in question.
I myself can careless about Vick that man just needs to die. I have always hated football now I have another reason to hate it.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Out of all 50 states you're going to tell me that PA is the only state that allows dogs to be sold in pet stores and this makes them the absolute most terrible state ever and not "animal friendly"? if that's true the. I'll agree they're not animal friendly.

And i agree what she doing is not right - so I'm there with you on that. Im also prett sure o said earlier that i agree its abuse bur ill state it again in case you missed it. I also know that if there is even a SHRED of doubt in that video that it might not be what people are saying - law enforecement will not prosecute. But apparently the video from across the street could NOT CLEARLY show penetration and as was said people threatening the SPCA probably didn't help much at all.

Either way - Ill remove myself from this thread as to not further take it off track.

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Must be a lawyer since in the face of evidence you deny it. I never said the worst ever and that there wasn't places worse, like where I live in Oklahoma. I merely said a more animal friendly state. I'm done So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 85993 on this one.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Niraya wrote:

Either way - Ill remove myself from this thread as to not further take it off track.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 4:30 am

Lordbroll wrote:
Must be a lawyer since in the face of evidence you deny it. I never said the worst ever and that there wasn't places worse, like where I live in Oklahoma. I merely said a more animal friendly state. I'm done So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 85993 on this one.

I am just catching up on this one - somehow I missed it. But, FWIW Michigan was rated top 3 in "evidence" you posted. I don't disagree with this, but I have to admit, that we still have plenty of people selling puppies in pet stores, have horrible BYB's running puppy mills and have animal cruelty. PA only ranked so low because of the laws mandated towards animals, it doesn't mean it's the worst place. Michigan has a lot of great animal legislation - authorities don't always back it.

Just my two cents, but you shouldn't judge a place unless you have lived there. I love Michigan, I love that my huskies get snow and summer - but I hate that I can go to the pet store down the street and see a husky with horrible pedigree and health.

I think we are all too quick to jump down each others throats and judge, when it all should be about educating each other, not about making irrational judgements.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:45 am

I don't think Lordbroll ever said Pennsylvania was the worst place, just that had this case een in a state with stricter laws regulating animals the outcome may have been different. Nowhere in the statement "I'm willing to bet it's a different outcome in a more animal friendly state." does it say PA is NOT animal friendly, just that there are states that are MORE animal friendly. And when you base it entirely on the laws that the state has in place it's not irrational to say so. You don't need to live there to look at the laws. Honestly, Niraya was the one making irrational judgements when she jumped to the conclusion that Lordbroll was saying PA wasn't animal friendly, and then it suddenly turned into PA being the worst state for animals. I don't see where Lordbroll deserved all the flack from that statement. I think its incredibly ironic thay people are getting angry and lecturing about irrational judgements when this all started over something that was never said in the first place.

(typed on iPhone, sorry for any spelling errors)
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:07 am

The video is gross, I was only able to see a short version on YouTube when it was covered on the news. They showed the "lady" talking through her door way about how she does nothing wrong and her animals are healthy... I say "lady" because I'm pretty sure she was originally a man judged by what I saw.

Unfortunate, dogs look miserable.
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Frankly I felt a little sick watching what she was doing to those beautiful dogs. She deserves to get one hell of a beating and a fist up the bum Evil or Very Mad .

Moral of the story - Do onto others as you would like done onto you
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Ok I get some people do it for show, not that I agree but aggressively fingering all her rescues? So disgusting.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 pm

It is sad. All charges were dropped, which is worse. So I guess this is okay? upsets me too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies   So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

So Upset and don't know how to help these poor huskies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5