It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  Empty
PostSubject: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:41 pm

For those that follow Husky Tales on FB their dog got out during fence repair. Please keep an eye out for Mia.

STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  522149_251403181623041_170498723046821_486930_494593857_n

Last edited by Lordbroll on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Man, she looks like Embry, holy crap.

I hope she's found soon
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Mia is still missing. Please keep an eye out and help bring Mia home.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 pm

An update from Husky Tales Sad

Husky Tales
Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is Mia has been found, but the bad news is she was apparently stolen about a year ago from a young lady by her boyfriend when they split up. Mia has been returned to her owner. The really bad news is that we deparately miss her. Thank you everyone for everything you have done to help us try to find our little Mia....or Samoya as her owner calls her. We find comfort in knowing she is not injured on the side of the road or being mistreated by someone and that she hopefully is with her owner that loves her as much as we do. Thank you again. Im going to go cry now....
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't know how to feel about this.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 pm

arooroomom wrote:

I would call BS and fight to get her back unless there's proof. I'm very suspect of people and confrontational about things I love.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

I would call BS and fight to get her back unless there's proof. I'm very suspect of people and confrontational about things I love.

I would call BS too! I would just give her up to the "owner". I'm sorry, but like you said there needs to proof.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:44 pm

This doesn't pass the smell test.
If the "original" owner was legit, she would call you and thank you for caring for "her" dog.
She'd want to know about health issues, whether the dog was happy, what it ate etc.
I'd call the intermediary and ask to meet the "owner."
If this does not happen, I'd call the police.
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:08 pm

What a nightmare. I don't believe the "stolen dog" story at all, especially considering Husky Tales said it was a one-time call from a blocked number to essentially call off the search. I hope they continue to search for Mia or at least get some more closure.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Husky Tales was told that Mia is now out of state and in Georgia Sad

STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:13 pm

From Husky Tales: " I'll be on later, Im trying look at the computer through tear stained eyes. When Mia was found, she was scanned by a vet downtown as they were close to us and we just needed to find her owner. The vet called the number attached and the person that answered the phone had no knowledge of a black and white siberian. When we took Mia to a different vet to get spayed, the vet again called the number on the microchip - again, the person attached to the microchip had no knowledge of a black and white husky...im so very confused because this makes no sense"

Even though the supposed people who "found" the dog took said dog to the vet where they scanned the chip and were put in touch with the old owners who had "lost" her a year ago? And then some random person sees the fliers and calls Husky Tales on a blocked number to tell them the whole "story" and the dog is out of state and stop looking?!

What part of that even sounds remotely true?!

Truth, if I had lost one of my dogs and it was found a year later.. You better believe i'd want my dog back and would do next to ANYTHING to get them back. Which is why the issue as a whole has me conflicted. Although, the way this story is playing out... I can't help but want to scream BS.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Husky Tales should gather all her vet records/costs, locate said owner and request payment. I would think that's enough grounds for a civil suit.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 pm

She's now been upgraded to STOLEN husky! Someone made up a story to try to get them to stop looking.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Please keep sharing!!

From Husky Tales:

Hi friends,
On my way home from work I was finally able to process the anonymous phone call I got today. I don't believe the story for 1 minute. I think whomever called me has here and wanted me to stop looking for her. I filed a stolen dog report and she took a flyer to hagd in the police dept. Please keep sharing!!!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:09 am

Brian - can we update the title to Stolen so it gets everyone's attention? Someone may be trying to sell Mia, and many lurkers find this forum online - it may help flush out the thieves!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 am

Future dog for sale on Craigslist.........................keep your eyes open!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 am

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Brian - can we update the title to Stolen so it gets everyone's attention? Someone may be trying to sell Mia, and many lurkers find this forum online - it may help flush out the thieves!

Good idea and done.
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 am

I've been checking the Georgia Craigslist for female huskies for sale.

Look what I came across: http://columbusga.craigslist.org/pet/2949425233.html

I thought it was appropriate to share.
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 am

This one also seems fishy.

http://valdosta.craigslist.org/pet/2949152713.html
Quote :
husky
Date: 2012-04-09, 6:13PM EDT
Reply to: hb9mq-2949152713@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
husky girl looking for home,there is a fee text for more info 386 209 1285 i will trade for something with the same value

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2949152713
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 am

I asked for pics.
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks. I have no cell phone so I couldn't text.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 am

Here4thePics wrote:
I asked for pics.

Thanks Len. Update us what you get back.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 am

I might do the same. Valdosta is close enough to me for a sale to be plausible.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:08 am

Any news??
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:23 pm

3 plus hours later and no response. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida    STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida  Empty

Back to top Go down

STOLEN!!! Husky - Port Richey, Florida

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next