It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
astrobouncer
Newborn
Newborn
astrobouncer

Male Join date : 2012-05-07

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Empty
PostSubject: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Since I am new here I figure here's some pics of me and my Huskies. Momma and Kyra Husky are about 3 years old now. The others are all just over a year. I have 7 Huskies, the 2 rescues and their 5 puppies, plus 4 other rescue dogs that are getting up in age. Its quite a handful having so many but I manage. 3 of the Huskies plus my lab mix are inside dogs the rest mostly stay outside in a couple kennels and huge dog condos I built for them. I have a huge fenced backyard (7 + acres) and I built a second fenced in dog area inside that, so they get to run all they want.

This is me and Silver.
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn1647d

Momma on the floor, Kyra by my legs, Silver on the bed.
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn1645v

Walking Prince.

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn1451p

Wolfie + Lucky + Shortcake (my lab mix shes barely in the picture)

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0855x

Momma with no collar on because the others pulled it off her that day.

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0852t

Shortcake

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0851w

Wolfie + Silver.

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0850n

Silver
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0846p

Wolfie
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0843j

Silver
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0842r

Kyra
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0841g

Momma, Prince + Shortcake
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0826c

Prince

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0825v

Prince + shortcake
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0824p

Momma, prince + shortcake.

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0823h

Prince
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0820x
Prince

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0814d

Prince + Momma
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0812x

Prince + Momma doing what they love the best
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0811cl

Silver + Wolfie
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn0867g

Momma + Kyra

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Mommasister2012

Fluffy + Prince

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dec242011056

Fluffy

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn1187w

Blossom + Fluffy
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn1186s

Fluffy
My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn1185eu

The indoor dogs: Momma, Kyra, and Shortcake and the kitty who thinks hes a dog and meows if he cant come lay with them.

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Dscn1190m

Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forum! wave You've got a beautiful pack!
I totally know what you mean about them being a handful. I've got 6 huskies myself with 4 non huskies and sometimes I question my sanity with having so many! lol It's a joy to have them though. Smile

Do you do any pulling activities with your huskies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Wow they are beautiful!!!! I love all the pics!
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Om goodness you have your hands full...lol They are all beautiful, I secretly wish I had a lot doggys like that.
But my hubby will not let me which could be a good thing...lol
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm

You have a beautiful pack! Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:00 pm

aww such nice looking dogs, bless you!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Welcome,
hard time keeping track of them all! are some of the huskies mixes in the picture? did the one rescue come in pregnant and you just kept the pups, or will you find homes for them?

Newborn
Newborn
astrobouncer

Male Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:21 pm

jbealer wrote:
Welcome,
hard time keeping track of them all! are some of the huskies mixes in the picture? did the one rescue come in pregnant and you just kept the pups, or will you find homes for them?

Yes, that's exactly what happened. I didnt find out she was pregnant until she had the puppy's on my front porch. I thought she was just finally fattening up from me feeding her so well, since the 2 females were super skinny with ribs showing and half starving when I found them wandering along the road. I don't know if they are mixes or not, it is possible since I have no idea who the father was. Originally she had 9 puppies. I have managed to place 4 in great family homes with land for them to run, and good people. A friend of the family who has a real nice farm with lots of land took 2 of the puppies (Elvis and Gracie) and they are doing great, I will post some pics of them soon. One boy puppy (King) went to a real nice family my mom found who wanted a dog to play with theirs and last we heard they were doing great too. The other puppy a sweet female and the runt of the litter we called LittleGirl was adopted to a family as well and she was doing great too last we heard. We made them all sign agreements to spay + Neuter the dogs within 6 months and most of them are using the same vet we use.

I have been trying to find good homes for some of the other puppies for the last half of a year, but not so much anymore. Not many people want a big dog and while I have ads up in some of the rescue places online people only seem to respond saying they want to breed the dogs, which I will not do. I am pretty sure my two white females escaped from a puppy mill originally. The owner did not want them back, but she did want the puppies back to sell. I pretty much told her what she could do with that idea and it wasn't too nice. The vet agreed that the female I found looked like she had multiple litters already. She doesnt have to worry about that though again, I had her spayed. The boys I have have all been neutered as well and some of the girls, but its costly enough with the food + regular vet bills already. I been trying to convince my sister to take one, but she has her hands full with her own family. And plus I am pretty attached to them all by now.

Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:23 pm

I think it is great of you to take on so many!
Back to top Go down
Laura Newson
Puppy
Puppy
Laura Newson

Female Join date : 2011-12-03

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:42 am

lovely dogs
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 am

Hi you have a nice little pack! Your Wolfie and Prince are my favorite but I'm partial to white coats. They look purebred to me, but I'm no expert. Beautiful dogs either way!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Wow, you are a great person for rescuing those dogs and building fenced in areas for them to play!
Have you tried the Rescue Me or Petfinder websites to help you place the remaining puppies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )    My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )  Empty

Back to top Go down

My rescue dogs (lots of pics! )

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1