It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Outside or Inside while puppy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:08 pm

I would like to chime in here. My first husky, Cali, was a solely inside dog...aka miss thang or diva. But when I was walking her, someone said they had to get rid of their husky (Mika). Of course I took her. My landlord stated that he would allow me to keep both huskies IF I made them outside dogs. I set up a 30x12 kennel with 2/3s of it covered with a 4x8 dog mansion. I don't want them outside, but that is what i had to do to make sure my girls were getting what they need. I still walk them, play with them, and everything else. I hope to be moving this summer to a new place where I can keep the dogs with me but I would like you all to keep in mind, not just for this one situation but for all... every situation/person/husky/malamute is different and each one has a situation that might be where the dog has to go out side. IF you need to keep your dog outside, be with that dog. you still want them around so prove it. don't just feed them and call it a day. When I finally get back from "summer camp" I plan on sleeping with my girls in their mansion if Cali will allow it.. lol.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:32 am

Obviously. A puppy is way too young and not a good idea to be outside. When my aunt watched kiara a few months she made her outside. I didn't feel so bad cause she had a lab and did yard work all the time and has horses and was with her a lot. When I had to being kiara home (almost had to rehome her, parents did not want her back) I said "I'll keep her outside, she's doing much better!" well I brought her home and she certainly remembered she was allowed in my house and her being an outside dog lasted about 15 min. I feel too bad for her to be outside alone w my other dog in the house. She just wants to be by me and I also want her around me cause I feel terrible if she's alone. Huskies just love to be with a pack, be it human or dog, personally I don't think I could ever just own 1 husky... I feel like I need to have at lead 2 dogs haha
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Maggie is strictly an outdoor dog, even though she is a very good dog inside and out. It is not my choice my in laws don't allow any dog inside. She will be an inside dog as soon as I move. I think a puppy however is soo young. We have an big dog yard with a dog house etc. I wish she was allowed inside even if I am in the guest house but they said no.
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:28 pm

erica,

i'm pretty much in the same situation as you with rocky, he's not strictly outdoor cause he's indoors when i'm home but my dad's girlfriend is so hot n cold with him even HE waits for her to make the first move before he goes near her because of how she is with him, i'm sure he can sense when she's in her demon moods. anywho, did it cause any tension at all between you and your in laws when they told you maggie had to be outdoor only? i'm just wondering how you've handled the situation because there is a ton of tension between me and my dad's gf when it comes to rocky. moving out is not an option either cause i can't afford it with school and everything so i'll have to put up with it for another year, but if you (or anyone) could give me some feed back that would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:36 pm

You say sorry unfortunately until you marry my dad your opinion doesn't matter to me, see how that goes over. Lol jk
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:03 pm

judalina wrote:
erica,

i'm pretty much in the same situation as you with rocky, he's not strictly outdoor cause he's indoors when i'm home but my dad's girlfriend is so hot n cold with him even HE waits for her to make the first move before he goes near her because of how she is with him, i'm sure he can sense when she's in her demon moods. anywho, did it cause any tension at all between you and your in laws when they told you maggie had to be outdoor only? i'm just wondering how you've handled the situation because there is a ton of tension between me and my dad's gf when it comes to rocky. moving out is not an option either cause i can't afford it with school and everything so i'll have to put up with it for another year, but if you (or anyone) could give me some feed back that would be greatly appreciated.

Well, they never let any of their dogs inside except when my husband got his great p. My mom in law would be all for letting a dog in a house. She would love to have her english bulldog in the house. My father in law has a small allergy to dogs, though he says , he does pet the english bulldog all the time. He isn't a dog person he believes dogs should be outside. I tried to show how good she was but he wouldn't listen. I knew the rules before we moved here. I just had to deal with it. We actually were only suppose to be here a month or 2 but a year later, I got into a school in another state so we are moving. I had indoor dogs my whole life. It was easier not to argue. If I stayed in so cal at my parents, which they were offering maggie would be inside with 2 other dogs to play with. I just thought it was easier to not argue. The garage has AC so maggie spends a lot of time in there when it is hot.
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:45 pm

ha! brady, i wouldn't want to give her false hope cause even if she did marry my dad i probably would still tell her that opinion doesn't count lol

that's the same thing she pulls erica! she says she doesn't like dogs, that i should have consulted the family before getting him (even though she's the only one who would have opposed) yet when we had my yorkie (lucy) living with us she peed and pooped ALL OVER the house and she NEVER cared?! so i had no idea she didn't like dogs when she was all over lucy. but conversations literally go like this

me: hey, can you please ask your daughter to put my phone charger back when she's done using it cause i need to charge my phone overnight.

her: judy, rocky is making a mess ever since you brought him. his hair is all over the place

me: yeah...but can you just ask her if she can leave my charger out, thanks

her: if she bothers you then rocky bothers me. don't worry i'll buy her a new charger.

but then the next day my dad will have rocky in the house and she's just gushing over how good of a dog he is & I definitely do my part, i clean up after him, i brush him outside, i put all his toys away and clean his cage out every other day...lol i literally want to collect the fur i get from rocky every morning and just smear it all over her bed sometimes.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Someone's bi-polar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outside or Inside while puppy?   Outside or Inside while puppy? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Outside or Inside while puppy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2