It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Is there an update on this story? Sad to see!

You should get your money back if you did not stay there. Didn't you say that the military paid for that apt anyways?
Screw that guy. Have the apartment management look over your dog for fleas (even though we both know she doesn't have them). He has no proof. It sounds like that apartment doesn't take care of their rooms! It makes you wonder where the security deposit goes...

Rent.com has a list of apartments nationwide (that's how I got mine when I first moved to Houston when I was in Illinois!). You just type in your zip code. I believe they have an option where you can check "pet friendly" apartments. Call up the places before you go. Offer to have them meet Luna and show them how good she is.

It sucks to see you go through this! I start school in 2 weeks too, so I can see how stressed you'd be. Keep your head up! Let me know if I can help. I have plenty of free time this weekend. Good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 pm

VintageJeans wrote:

You should get your money back if you did not stay there. Didn't you say that the military paid for that apt anyways?

No, the military paid to move her belongings. When PCSing or ETSing in the mil, they either pay for your movers or reimburse you for a DIY.

I'd also fight this. You can't just assume its someone's dog. When we were in an apartment we came home to a fine for not picking up crap. I went to the office, said when the hell did I not pick up after my dogs, and she told me 'well a lady said it had to be your dogs when she complained because your dogs are the only big ones she sees." didn't fly. Fee gone. You can't charge me on assumption.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Still no update, it has been 2 weeks and they are still "approving" Luna and we cannot live there (well technically we can, she cannot). The landlord said she cannot be financially held responsible for us not living there because we chose not to live there without our dog, I asked her where we were supposed to go and whether she would pay our kennel fees and no answer.

The problem is, it's a lady renting her condo and it's the condo association that told us about the approval process. So we weren't aware when we moved in and I honestly don't think she is going to be approved. I re-read the lease and the condo associations rules and the rules said it was mandatory that she had to disclose the approval process to us, in fact had to have a certain wording in the lease. I have a feeling we are going to have to go to court Sad

She is expecting another rent check here on the first and I'm not sure if it's lawful for us to withhold the check. But I don't want to shell out anymore money considering we are not sure if we are going to be able to live there. I honestly want to find some way to get out of this lease but not sure how to.
Back to top Go down
Tundra
Puppy
Puppy
Tundra

Female Join date : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:13 pm

I feel for you! When I first adopted Tundra, I was asked to leave where I lived because they said "We don't allow WOLVES here"!

Tundra is not a wolf, he is a Siberian husky. They also tried to pull the weight thing on me (no dogs allowed over 25 pounds) but several people, including our next-door neighbors, had large dogs.

Tundra is not aggressive at all, very friendly, in fact. He would be the world's worst guard dog, lol.

I should have fought it, but I moved, instead.

I wish you the very best luck, hope you find a place with SANE landlords/home associations/whatever.

Hope all works out for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Check you landlord/tenant laws in NH. If the rules say she has to disclose the approval process and her lease doesn't mention it at all, I'd think you'd have a lawful reason to withhold rent b/c you can't live there. I'd check with a lawyer first though, most will give you one free consultation. Being you are military, you could also see if you can discuss this with a JAG. Might be worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Heather! wrote:
VintageJeans wrote:

No, the military paid to move her belongings. When PCSing or ETSing in the mil, they either pay for your movers or reimburse you for a DIY.

I'd also fight this. You can't just assume its someone's dog. When we were in an apartment we came home to a fine for not picking up crap. I went to the office, said when the hell did I not pick up after my dogs, and she told me 'well a lady said it had to be your dogs when she complained because your dogs are the only big ones she sees." didn't fly. Fee gone. You can't charge me on assumption.

Ooooh okay. I wasn't sure! Thanks!

If they were supposed to disclose the information at the signing of the contract, and they didn't, I'd fight it. You could win. It's basically like lying to you. I'm not good with legal stuff, I'll let someone else fill in for advice.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm not very good with legal stuff either so I've been doing a bunch of research but according to the condo association, this statement HAD to be included in the lease:

"Each renter acknowledges that s/he received, read, and agrees to abide by all provisions of the Condominium Rules and Bylaws, including those related to pets and their approval by the Board.

This is she actually wrote:

"Abide by and be bound by any and all rules and regulations affecting the Premises or the common area appurtenant thereto which may be adopted or promulgated by the Condominium or Homeowners' Association having control over them."

So in my opinion, it's not exactly lying but it is with holding information that has left us without a place to live.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Exactly. It's a piece of information that would have made you stay elsewhere and put the $3,000.00 somewhere else!
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 pm

She finally got back to me and is insisting there is nothing she can do, that I should have informed her more of the breed prior to signing the lease. Even though she plainly put "Siberian Husky;Luna" on the lease Neutral . Everyone pray that she is not approved so we can get out of this lease and find somewhere where the neighbors won't accuse our dog of something or another every other day!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:51 am

I'm just seeing this now, but I'm confused. How do you know the neighbor accused Luna? Who told you that?

If that's true, I'd march right up to the Condo Association and show them clean vet records and vet references proving that Luna never had fleas. At the very least, I would be speaking to the Condo Association in person to clear up any misunderstandings.

Lastly-- that clause in the lease means very little if the landlord never provided you with the Condo Association rules. Condo Association trumps lease (I believe) so if you were never given a copy of the rules and asked to sign them, the landlord is at fault. Further, if she put Luna's breed in the lease, then she's sort of SOL in the "I didn't know" department. Don't let the landlord scare you into thinking she has more rights than she does.

Good luck.

Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:29 am

I'd fight this big time - she put Siberian Husky on the application. This is her fault, not yours.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 pm

She came up August 8th to address our concerns like how we didn't have hot water and everything smelled like cat pee. When she came up I had informed her of the e-mail I had received from the Condo Association and she's like i'll go see what I can find out. She was outside for about 10 minutes and came in saying this neighbor came up to her out of the blue, someone she didn't know and said this:

"Building 5 should be demolished"
She asks why
"Because the whole place is infested with fleas and it's apartment 59's fault, I already called on them though"

Seems pretty coincidental in my opinion, I never see neighbors outside and she happens to run into the one she was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm

I would not be taking her word on anything. Go up to the Condo Association yourself. For all you know, she made up the story because for some reason she changed her mind about you. Be proactive. Don't wait for the problem to come to you. You've already said how hard it was to find a place, why give up without a fight now?

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Go to legal aid and get help, she's bullshitting you - she clearly rented to you knowing you had a dog and put the dog on the lease. She'll need to pay your moving costs if she wants you out.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm going to be talking to the condo association this week, I tried legal aid and they said I make too much even though I don't have a job (but I receive disability). I really want out because she seems broke, she asked if she could cash my security check early even though legally she is not allowed to spend a cent of it and we don't know if we can stay there. I'm also going to show the condo association the condition of the place because I think they will be appalled as well, it was so messy we couldn't have Luna there at first because she kept eating unknown items and we didn't want her to get sick.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Do you have a place to stay outside of this?

Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Luckily my parent's are letting us stay with them, but needless to say it is a less then ideal situation.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Get yourself a lawyer sue the SOBs for breach of contract.

I would think if someone complained and this some sort on condo asshole-ciation the complaint would have to be in writing.

Did this landlord even know what a Siberian Husky is?
My feeling is when he/she saw Luna it was: OH LORDY one of those wolf dogs.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Get yourself a lawyer sue the SOBs for breach of contract.

I would think if someone complained and this some sort on condo asshole-ciation the complaint would have to be in writing.

Did this landlord even know what a Siberian Husky is?
My feeling is when he/she saw Luna it was: OH LORDY one of those wolf dogs.

I agree 100% with this. Get a lawyer and kick their bums.

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Believe me, I will certainly be making some phone calls to lawyers tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Shorty4lyfe89 wrote:
Believe me, I will certainly be making some phone calls to lawyers tomorrow Smile

Please do. Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 pm

I called the condo association today and said that I would be taking legal action if I didn't get an answer. The board is meeting tonight at 5 and I will know by tonight/tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:44 pm

So we finally got *THE* call. And the decision is....she's not allowed. So now we are trying to get a hold of our landlord because you better believe she is going to be paying us every penny back and some. We have to repack everything, I'm sooo not looking forward to this Sad
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 pm

People suck.

Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Awh, that sucks. But, you wanted out of the lease, right?! I mean, what kind of neighbor accuses you of infesting the apartment with fleas?

http://www.rent.com/search/results/?old_mode=results&combined_location=1&reset=0&exclude_housing=1&type_filter_nm=Any&company_id=&combined_location_field=Concord%2C+NH&minimumrent_at=100&maximumrent_at=99999999&bedroom_nb=1&bathroom_nb=1&baths=1&beds=1&anyamenity_id=1&pp=1%7C0&minsqft_at=0&property_type_any=Any&area_cb=&supdateprofile=1

There are 39 apartments in Concord, NH (used your avatar location) that let you have dogs. Surely 1 of 39 will let you have a husky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!   Husky Housing Rant - Final Update! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky Housing Rant - Final Update!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next