It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Just wanted to say hey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
leif.lynch1
Newborn
Newborn
leif.lynch1

Just wanted to say hey Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:38 am

Hey everyone. We just adopted Troy, an 8 month old Husky from a friend. We live in the CSRA area and my g-f has some experience with the breed where I have none. I have been working on training him as the previous owner couldn't control him. I look forward to getting to getting to know everyone and reading any tips you have to share.

Just wanted to say hey Troy_r11
Just wanted to say hey Troy_l10Just wanted to say hey Troy_c10
Troy and Cheech(Boston Terrier)
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Handsome boy! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Welcome! You got him at just the right age, let the games begin! Were here to help Smile

Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Welcome! He is a great looking boy. This is a great site full of people with lots of experience who are always happy to help out.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Troy is georgeous! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
puplove
Newborn
Newborn
puplove

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 am

AWE what a cutie Smile best of luck to you and your new friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:32 am

Welcome! Always nice to hear of another adoption. You will get lots of support here.
Back to top Go down
leif.lynch1
Newborn
Newborn
leif.lynch1

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 am

I have a question and wasnt sure where to post it. I saw people talking about their dog's weight and made me think. The vet said he looked great. He is 48lbs at 8mo.. How much bigger can I expect him to get?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:37 am

My boy was around 43lbs at that age and weighs 53 now. Each dog is different in their growth rates, he could be done growing now and just fill out in a few more months, or he could get taller still. Both of my dogs were pretty much done by 9 months, Rogue hasn't changed at all (never had a lanky or skinny phase) and Koda just got thicker by 2 years.

Last edited by Heather! on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:08 am

Welcome, he is such a handsome boy. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 am

Yes, it definitely just varies between dog to dog. My husky is 8 months also and he weighs about 60lbs
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:58 am

I completely agree with heather.

My female is only 38lbs. I can't get her to gain any weight, but she does eat. It's just optimal for her. Huskies aren't really supposed to be huge dogs. It sounds like you pup will be right at the top end of standard. Maybe 55 or so? There is nothing wrong with that Smile.

He is a cutie. Be prepared for all the fun and frustration of huskies Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
leif.lynch1
Newborn
Newborn
leif.lynch1

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 am

Oh he is frustrating.. As of late he will not have a bowl movement on a leash (as we do not have a fenced in back yard.) He went all day without having one until just now (4am) when I took him off the leash and he did it behind a bush.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:50 am

Have you thought about getting a 30 or 60ft long line lead when taking him out? That's a good amount of distance you could allow between the two of you, and he may feel like he's not really on a leash, but you'd still have control of him and be able to pull him back if something happened and obey leash laws (not sure if you are in an apartment, but when I lived in one it was my biggest pet peeve seeing a dog off leash, lol).
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Welcome! What a beautiful boy.
Back to top Go down
leif.lynch1
Newborn
Newborn
leif.lynch1

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Heather I think I am going to try that. When I woke up he had 2-3 of them in the girls room. He was house broken prior to us getting him and did wonderful the first few days. I have no idea what is bringing this on as he has been having bowl movements in the house while we are here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hey   Just wanted to say hey Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to say hey

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1