It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Halloween costumes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

Halloween costumes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 am

I think Ava will be the Roaming Gnome from the travelocity commercials this year. They do a costume competition at my mom's work every year and I've talked her into dressing up as a gnome too so I can bring Ava in and they'll match - and mom can win extra vacation days lol
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm glad everyone else has hubby's that are less than thrilled to dress up their pups. I told mine we should buy the boys costumes for this year and he just looked at me like I was insane. I think if we get a girl dog I'll be able to pull it off though.... Or I'm just going to go buy them....
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Sierra's owners wrote:
OMG....love all of the pics....questions..

1. how do you train your pups to tolerate the costumes (specifically the hats)

2. what is a good age to expect them to be agreeable to dressing up?

Thanks Smile

In our experience (namely me, not Chris)

1. praise and pets as you put it on

2. ANY AGE!!!!!!!!! some will probably never tolerate it, both mine dont give me any trouble.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm

S&J give me the saddest look when we put them on and then they deal with it. I dress them up and then take them for a walk around the neighborhood when all the kids are out and then we get home and greet all them at the house. i think having them dressed up makes them less frighting to the little kids that see a big dog Smile

Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:56 pm

jbealer wrote:
S&J give me the saddest look when we put them on and then they deal with it. I dress them up and then take them for a walk around the neighborhood when all the kids are out and then we get home and greet all them at the house. i think having them dressed up makes them less frighting to the little kids that see a big dog Smile

I never thought of the costumes making kids more comfortable... We've always had a problem with kids being afraid of our dogs, so we have to lock them in the living room so they can't run to the door and scare everyone off.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:59 pm

they have a blast seeing all the kids, the kids love seeing the dressed up dogs its a win win. if its nice this yr we will hang outside, if not we just keep the leashes on them in the house just in case....

Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Unfortunately, we live on a pretty busy street so parents tend to not bring their kids by. I hope they do this time though. Danzig LOVES little kids, sometimes a little too much.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm

We live on a dead end street and don't get trick or treaters. So we do what we call reverse trick or treat. Walk the dog and hand out candy as we go. This way we get to see all the kids dressed up and the dog still gets a walk. This is our first Halloween with Lola and she's going to be a horse. I have a little saddle and jockey for her.
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:26 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbad/frankenweenie/25-dogs-who-cant-wait-to-show-off-their-halloween
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

My local radio station is doing a pet costume contest to win $500. I would love to enter it but I have no idea what to dress my dogs up as to win.
Back to top Go down
tiffany
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 pm

my dogs all tolerate me dressing them up. lots of treats and praise seems to work, and breaks. take breaks, otherwise you get frustrated and it doesn't do anything but get the dogs frustrated.

if you check out my thread you can see my dogs dressed for halloween Smile
Back to top Go down
bigboned
Newborn
Newborn
bigboned

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 pm

MetalMama wrote:
Smile This will be my first Halloween with Axel so Ive been thinking of what to do for him and he is going to be Dracula or more fitting Dogula, going to get him a high collared black cape and some fake blood :p Zoe will be too little still I think to take out, theres so many dogs around here that are not small dog friendly :/

Found this surfing around online today, and I can't believe I'm actually thinking about getting it. I think Stella would make a pretty good vampire.
Halloween costumes - Page 2 DracTeeHalloween costumes - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQtQsQ5TqAgHVawKjKxIgG_IoFCGyn52YrhwC36JpAUsmrW681

I think the raptor costume may be a bit more fitting though.
GEEZ! I never would have thought I'd be dressing up my dog for Halloween.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm

well petsmart had 50% off this weekend. i went with super hero's
these are just fast pics to show ken what i got, will get better ones the day of.
Halloween costumes - Page 2 IMG_20121005_204830
Halloween costumes - Page 2 IMG_20121005_204814

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Aww they look adorable! We were thinking of going with a super hero theme too since we already have Kody's superman costume from last year.

What size did you get, Jenn?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:16 pm

went with XL it is snug on jack but the neck area is huge for sierra. the reason i did not get her a large was how short it was compared to the XL, she is so fluffy its not a big deal.

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Oh my gah, Jennifer - Sierra and Jack are soooo adorable! I love Wonder Woman's little lasso!!!
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Jack and Sierra look so cute! I was looking at Petsmart the other day while buying food, and didn't see any large enough. Halloween costumes - Page 2 85993 I'm gonna look at Target though.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 pm

i ran to target after looking at petsmart, they had cute ones but not on sale, i ran back to petsmart and got those Smile good luck in your hunt! and check online target, those were on sale....

Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks! I'll check out the ones online.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:30 pm

I thought about making maggie chewbacca lol. Since George luaus used his mal indy into that character! lol
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 pm

So I took Lycus today to a Halloween contest just to get his photo taken with his costume lol. He didn't win the contest but he got a lot of treats! Anyways, here is the picture of me and him at the event

Halloween costumes - Page 2 HalloweenPicture

And here is a better one of him with the costume fully on

Halloween costumes - Page 2 Photo
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Aww Lycus lol! So cute!

I finally found costumes that fit them today. My superhero theme went out the window, but whatever. Mya is going to a bumblebee, Asia a witch, and Kody a pirate (maybe). I might have to return the pirate costume and just dress kody as superman (his costume from last yr).
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:00 am

Not sure what the pups are going to be this year, but here are a few pics from previous years!

The first time we dressed Luka up, she was a bee
Halloween costumes - Page 2 Dsci0910

We reused the costume for Kitty for her first Halloween, she was not thrilled
Halloween costumes - Page 2 Dsci2110

Dino-Lu
Halloween costumes - Page 2 Luka_d10

Lobster Kat
Halloween costumes - Page 2 Dsci2310

The lobster costume was a bit small for Luka, but we had to try it on her anyway
Halloween costumes - Page 2 Dsci2111

Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:50 am

The witch would be sooo cute!! And I absolutely adore that lobster costume lol!!!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:46 am

Lmao Melissa those pics are hilarious
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween costumes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next