It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Under the Knife

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 am

Well, today is sniper's surgery. we cut off food and water last night at 7pm. Yesterday afternoon around 3pm she started having liquid diahrea! dont know why but had it all night and still this am.....she had an accident in her box about 12pm last night. i was up with her every 1-2 hours letting her outside to poop! I guess maybe she was nervous as I am. who knows then @ 5am up came a pair of my underwear!!! OMG!!! she has been good fro weeks and not eat any socks and up comes underwear! where does she find these things? I dropped her off at our vet @ 745 this AM and am nervous! hoping she will be ok while surgery is going on with the diarhea thing. Poor thing! will take pics of the cone of shame once i pick her up this evening. i have to go get her a new bed though since she has devoured hers during the day in her crate when she gets bored. i know she will be lazy the next few days but my hubby will be home with her for the next 2 days......
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze
Puppy
Puppy
bingnblaze

Female Join date : 2010-02-06

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 am

aww bless her hope it all goes well (though im sure it will) let us know how she is when you get her back tonight Smile
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:48 am

ok so NO surgery! b/c she has an upset tummy.....gotta wait now...geez they could have told me that this morning when i dropped her off and said hey she has been up all night with an upset tummy! come on people! sometimes i think vets are idiots! so they are keeping her today to test her poop and since i cant be home with her all day to take her out every few hours to poop i will pick her up at 3...so will try to schedule again in a few weeks
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 am

Heather will take good care of her dont worry
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze
Puppy
Puppy
bingnblaze

Female Join date : 2010-02-06

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 am

awww bless her well i hope her stomach settles quickly hun
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 am

Hailey just got hers done on Monday... no cone of shame though- she's doing great. Just gagging a lot and got sick a bunch yesterday (I think the 30 minute ride home after still being a bit nauseated from the anesthesia did it).

Sorry Sniper is sick! I hope she feels better soon and you can get it over with!

Under the Knife Hailey10
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Brandon - yea i know she will but it pisses me off that they new she was sick all night and still said lets go with it. But I'm glad I can leave her all day @ no charge so they can watch her and take her out every 1-2 hours for the poop!
Koda - Thanks! maybe she wont have to have a cone of shame :-) they are giving her some meds and bland food for the upset tummy. who knows what her tummy is upset for. She has been the most troublesome dog i've ever had! BUT she is worth it :-) i'll let you guys know tonight what they say about her poop today
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Don't worry.. When they get close to 2 yrs they start to do allot better..It won't last forever. At least that's my experience.. Just be very careful what she gets into. Our other Husky ( Jax) was 2 in December and was doing so much better. He was able to rome the whole house while we were gone for hours and didn't mess with anything. His weakness was the bathroom trash cans and he ate a whole empty tube of toothpaste which ended up taking him to doggy heaven.. After everything he ate for 2 yrs never hurt him he met his match!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Im sure Sniper will get better soon, sierra got sick over the weekend with
diahrea in her crate 3 times and once over night and as of yesterday she is now fine, maybe something is just going around?

Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

thanks you guys! and christine yea i read that story when you posted it! horrible! we keep all doors shut at all times! the only door allowed open is my daughters and its is "dog" proof now...we learned that earlier on in the game. so....im hopin its just a bug but since they already had her there this mornin they went ahead and done her pre-surgery blood work and will check out the diahrea and maybe get it fixed....poor baby! but thanks again!
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Yeah, it takes two years to stop the maddening destructiveness. Then the third year is when the brain catches up and they get REAL smart.
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:52 am

Update:
They kept sniper all day at the vet that day since i couldnt be home with her while she was pooping every 1-2 hours....they sent her home with ID canned foor thats bland for her tummy....and some meds for her poo i guess. she had her first solid poo yesterday and it wasnt too solid...so she is getting better...im worried about tomorrow tho since we are both workin and my dog sitter will be comin by twice....hope she does ok....will let u know later
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 am

Canned pumpkin works great for regulating a dog's digestive system. It's perfectly healthy for them and very cheap at the grocery store. If you want to try adding that to the canned food they gave you (or if you don't have anymore and want to add the pumpkin to the regular food) that would help, I'm sure of it.

Poor Sniper! Good luck Smile

Under the Knife Hailey10
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:37 am

thanks koda! i will get some this weekend when i get groceries! never would have though of that. :-) she's on a cheap puppy food what the breeder had her on and i didnt wanna switch her so im still using the crappy food until time to switch her to adult doggy food....ve really enjoyed being on this forum and the good advice you guys share :-)
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:08 pm

No problem Smile Hope it helps Smile

Under the Knife Hailey10
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:05 am

ok....so snipers poo had gotten almost back to normal until this am....i fed her regular food last night with her canned food...and it went back to diahrea this am....maybe the cheap puppy food is finally getting to her. I guess now would be the time to switch her to a good puppy food! gonna send hubby to walmart to get canned pumpkin per koda and mix w/ her food first and see how that goes for a day or so then if it doesnt get better call the docs back or just switch her food over completely....grr! this stinks!
Back to top Go down
mcdlabs
Puppy
Puppy
mcdlabs

Male Join date : 2010-01-22

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Should of done what I did Fire, figured since they allready had the runs , might as well swith their foods, and it worked. That along with some pumpkin as koda suggested , and within 2 days they were more or less solid ( not 100%) but solid enough that it was formed instead of a goo pile on the snow.

We were on a 4-5 star food (solid gold) but it just didn't seem to settle with them, so we went to Blue (still a premium brand..I think its a 4star), And they have been better since, except for when they get into something they shouldn't ..did I tell everyone about the SOS pad issue..like they even tasted good (YUCK!) that led to a 2 day bout of the runs, wasn't going to give them pumkin then mainly because I wanted them to pass the soap from their system..I dont think they actually ait the pads they were more or less having fun pulling them apart. At least they dont have any other issues related to it, I was watching for blood in their stools figuring if they did swallow any of them the abrasiveness would irrtate their GI track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcdlabs.com/BWS
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 pm

oh my! we are gonna try a new food i think :-) i have a small bag of the eukenuba for puppies and see what that does along with the pumpkin cuz like you said she already has liquid poo! not like it will hurt for a few more days! LOL
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm

firefighterchik04 wrote:
oh my! we are gonna try a new food i think :-) i have a small bag of the eukenuba for puppies and see what that does along with the pumpkin cuz like you said she already has liquid poo! not like it will hurt for a few more days! LOL
Just make sure she is drinking water. If she's having liquid poos, she's getting very dehydrated and you want to make sure she is still drinking often Smile

Under the Knife Hailey10
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:22 pm

ok i will....i know she has shed some pounds since all of this started last tuesday! so i hate seeing her lookin so skinny! but iknow once she starts eating again she will fatten back up :-)
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:14 am

Update: The vet finally called me back today and sniper tested positive for round worms yet again! we cant get rid of these things! so i am going thursday to pick up her heartworm med and more worming meds! i wish there was a home remedy to get rid of these stupid things! she said husky's were common to keep worms for 3-6 months when they are puppies. So...still going to petsmart to go ahead and put her on a better brand of food than the purina puppy chow the breeder had her on. So wish me luck! grrr.....
Back to top Go down
harmonytime
Acoustic Howler
harmonytime

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Canned pumpkin is great for the runs...but as an FYI - don't use too much or you'll just have the runs in a new color - and harder to get out of carpet. Don't ask how we know. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:19 pm

good to know! so how much should i give and how often? her poo was more solid at lunch when i went home to let her out...so i wasnt planning on giving any tonight.....only gave a spoon full last night with her food and a spoonful this morning.....glad we have hardwoods! LOL better to get thru this now before we move into our new house and have carpets!
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Crystal,
You also need to remember that when she uses the bathroom in the yard she is leaving those worms behind so the next time she goes she may be coming in contact with them all over again. This may be why she keeps getting them. You might need to change spots or clean up the poo and get rid of it. Sophie may get them aswell.
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:22 pm

brandon,
we thought of this too and before when she had them we was picking up[ the poo and they went away and now they are back....plus the ground is frozen which kills the worms in the winter time.....wyho knows iuts hard to clean up poo when there is snow on teh ground so all that poo is in teh front yard :-( and smushy....so thats a no go but thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Under the Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife Empty

Back to top Go down

Under the Knife

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-