It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Under the Knife

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

Under the Knife - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 am

OK so now more bad news! sniper had a BAD day yesterday! i came home from work and she had puked up all her breakfast and was not eating anything else......then i worked last night til 1030 and came home and mom-n-law said she hasnt done ne thing but lay around the whole night and vomit...but only vomiting liquid since there is no food on her belly. we were up all night at this morning she was trying to puke and i saw something in her mouth and before i could get to it she had swallowed it again! i dont know what is lodged but its not good! i dropped her off at the vet this morning to see whats in there! im worried about her! she has been very lethargic all morning...no drinking water and wouldnt eat nething either! i didnt want her to eat bc i knew she would throw it back up then i thought hey! maybe get her to eat so i can help get this out and she threw up when we got to the vet and the tech...my friend heather saw it too! we couldnt get to it in time and she had sucked it back in! so please say a lil prayer for our baby!
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 am

Oh no! Hoping for the best here. ¿Did you get a good enough glance to figure out what it was?
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 am

no....we tried! looks too big to be a sock but i have no idea! im worried! we have been keeping everything locked up like fort knox so i have no idea how she gets into the things she does! Do they ever grow out of this stage?
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Sad sniper has to undergo emergency surgery today.....they done x-rays and cannot tell but there is something defincately in there and they will perform the surgery sometime today and will have to stay overnight to make sure she pulls thru.....please everyone pray for her.....we dont wanna lose her! thanks
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 pm

I'm definitely praying for her, and you as well.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 pm

I swear I responded to this this morning Sad Poor Sniper! I will keep her in my thoughts...

Thank god you caught this now Crystal and not any later. I hope she pulls through!!

Under the Knife - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Crystal,
I'm am saying my prays for Sniper and your family today, I hope everything goes well and she has a fast recovery. wonder what she got into? I hope at least it is something soft and has not done any major damage to her. she may or may not grow out of it but Sierra at almost 7 does not really get into things but Jack at 2 still has a thing for plastic pens and chap stick and it scares the hell out of me every time I catch him with something sharp like that.

Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

thanks you guys. we dropped her off at an emercency clinic 30 minutes from where we live and the doc we met with seems to think that she will pull thru ok. this is a commin thing in a lot of animals! he was fixing to do surgery on a cat for the same thing! go figure! he will call as soon as surgery is done and will keep her 24-48 hours and then she is to be crate confined for 10 days. im so nervous for her being so young!! I asked him if all was ok could he go ahead and spay her while he has her open and he said that depended on what everything looked like. if it was too risky then no which was fine! i told him to do what is best for her.....estimate was between 1800-2500 for this. so thanks for all your prayers!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm

OMG- I don't know what I'd do with a bill that large. I would totally pay it, but I feel for you!! *crosses her fingers* Get well soon, Sniper!

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Dog credit card! we will be using that one when we take Sierra in for her teeth. Crystal i know money is tight for you and im happy you put that aside to take care of Sniper and not be like some people that just dump their dogs when the bill gets to big. now to find out what she ate!

Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 pm

jbealer...thats what we did! we done the care credit. thats the only way we could do it....and to believe my mom said " it would have been cheaper to put her down and get another dog"!!! OMG!!! i said yes but i LOVE my dog! and dont care what it cost as long as they can save her life! her life means more to me than money and you cant just go out a buy another sniper..they are all very different! so thanks for understanding! will re-post once doc calls me after surgery
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 pm

LOL- I thought you said "once the dog calls me after surgery"... I laughed Laughing

Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Crystal,

I am so sorry to hear this.. It makes me so sad and makes me think of my Jax!!! I hope sniper is ok...
I will say a little prayer for you both!!!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Oh, Crystal. I just read this and I am hoping everything comes out for you guys! Keep us updated, please! And forgive me, but shame on your Mom! Some people just are not dog people...but all of us here are and we will all be praying for you and your Sniper....
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 pm

The Object was a dish rag of some sorts and they did spay her while she was under. Im sure Crystal will chime in sometime soon and update you all more.
Back to top Go down
mcdlabs
Puppy
Puppy
mcdlabs

Male Join date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

We have the akc accidental insurance on our girls, especially the way they eat things like socks and leather and dryer lint and gloves and wood and shall i continue.....

I just hope we never have to use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcdlabs.com/BWS
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:19 am

Oh good! I'm glad they got it and she's alright! We had a scare this morning. Koda out of nowhere puked up my NYLONS... I had no idea he even ate them and he's rarely left to his own devices in this house. He must have nabbed them from the laundry basket when he was in the basement with John... stupid dog. No

Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:26 am

OK you guys :-) She came out of surgery @ 430 yesterday....2 1/2 hours! She was ok they had to take a small portion of her intestines out when they did the surgery. The vet went ahead and spayed her while he was in there which is great! I would have hated to have to open her back up to do that! Got a phone call this am saying she was doing great! she ate dinner last night and breakfast this morning. If she keeps up the good work she will be coming home tonight! Like brandon said it was a rag.....it was a bathrag.....sesame street to be exact! and the vet said he couldnt tell how long it had been down there. So thanks you all so much of the thoughts and prayers and kind words. It means more than you will ever know! Now for recovery at home....10 days of confinement and the cone of shame :-) i will take some pics tonight and try and post them this weekend. i have class all weekend but my hubby will be home with her. So still a short road ahead of us to make sure everything is ok. Vet also will not put her on antibiotics for this reason: if he does then they will mask any uh ohs! like if something in there comes lose, stitches or she tears something and it starts leaking, she will get sick if not on meds, this was a good enough reason for me! so hopefully we wont have to worry about that but im crossing my fingers ne ways! thanks again!
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:04 am

Glad to hear it!
Back to top Go down
mcdlabs
Puppy
Puppy
mcdlabs

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:30 pm

A bath rag. Yeah its amazing what they think is edible!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:41 pm

so glad to hear Sniper is recovering, and that they did everything at the same time, guess you will still wait on the dew claws now! I guess the colors in the washcloth looked tasty, so how long did he think it was in her for? and Tori it always amazes me the things Sierra pukes up, the other day it was the tie strings to kens pajama bottoms, she just took a few inches off of them! I also had to take away their fuzzy wabba to cause she started to eat the bottom hanging things. I hope Koda will stay out of the wash now and tell John to keep a better eye on him! we should start a thread of what our huskies have eatten!

Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:47 pm

So glad to hear Sniper is ok.....I was very worried for her. Be sure to keep us posted...
Huskies....gotta love 'em!
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am

It was a LONG night!!! decided to take her cone of shame off this morning...she seems much calmer in her crate without it on....put her bed in there and a bone and she is napping....had to get some sedation meds because she was going crazy in there yesterday! kept taking her cone off but i feel she cannot reach her incision which stretches almost 12inches! will post pics later this evening after i get home from school.....
Back to top Go down
mcdlabs
Puppy
Puppy
mcdlabs

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Glad to here shes doing better, have me worried about my little monsters as they are still grabbing socks if given a chance, Kiki (the blonde) will prance out and show me and usually drop it, but Kiera runs straight behind the couch and is a lot more sneaky about it. She had one 2 days ago and you could tell she had at least 6 in in her mouth cause it was soacked and tore up...speaking of I need to go buy some more socks for myself and my son this weekend, LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under the Knife   Under the Knife - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Under the Knife

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-