It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Southpaw906
Newborn
Newborn

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. Empty
PostSubject: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Hello, I'm a new member here. I'm sorry if this topic is in the wrong section, but I think this is the most suited one, if you have a section for these kind of posts please transfer my subject to it.

I'm a College student at Northern Arizona University, I've had a female husky: Marishka back home, I met her when I was 8 and been with her for a solid 10years 'till she passed away in August, she was like a part of my body it'sjust not the same without her, I'm looking for an ace Breeder near Arizona or if he/she worth it I'll travel to the required location for a male dog to have in my life and children's as well: a life partner, please note that I'm not being picky I just want a dog that'll be happy with for years to come.

Specification:
-Male
Black & White /w these markings postion:
.Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. Siberian-husky-dog
-Heterochromia eyes: Pref one is Red/Amber/Blue/Black or both Amber(just like the picture)
-parents needs OFA & CERF Certification.

I'm an athlete, I run daily everyday and I'm not feeling it anymore without a companion to run besides me, please refer me to any breeder with these specification I can wait for litters and pay a deposit.
Contact me @ southpaw906@gmail.com or here.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I would start my search here: http://www.shca.org/shcahp4f.htm

Mask patterns are difficult to predict.

There aren't many breeders who are active on these forums.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:12 pm

I wonder if you might consider adopting an older pup/young adult from a breeder. Many show breeders will run on a few pups from a litter and wait till they are a bit older before deciding which to keep for showing/future breeding and which to place in pet homes. The upside to that is that the final coloring will be more easy to see. (Some change a bit between 8 weeks old and grown up.)
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:28 pm

IMO, you will be hard pressed to find a dog with those specifications at a puppy, but you can find some good breeders with nice head pieces. Just start googling and make sure EVERY breeder shows you prooper paperwork for Certs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:40 pm

I think it's always hard looking for specifics. Like mentioned, it's pretty much impossible for any breeder you guarantee you the open mask/markings you want since what they look like as a puppy is usually completely different than what they will look like as a matured adult. I'd honestly look into a breeder with championship lines (and who obviously breed with all the proper procedures) and with dogs who you like the "look of" generally, get on their waiting list, and ask for photos of puppies once they are old enough to give pick of the litters to see if it's one that you'd want.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:51 pm

For example, Cato as a baby. He is from Karnovanda.

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. Photobucket-3802-1344128281709

Cato now - with a full mask..

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. Photobucket-10318-1351576405847

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Are you willing to have a puppy shipped to you? I know a breeder who has puppies in FL from good lines. Also are you looking for a puppy or an adult?

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm

There are many breeders that ship that have quality lines...but no reputable breeder will guarantee mask/eye/color etc. I'd focus on health, temperament, and quality of the lines over any of that, personally. I'll suggest looking at Galena Creek, Susan takes great care in getting all of her dogs clearances and the temperaments are lovely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Southpaw906
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

SaraB wrote:
Are you willing to have a puppy shipped to you? I know a breeder who has puppies in FL from good lines. Also are you looking for a puppy or an adult?

if they meet my specification, Yes, I can do shipping but I need to see them first and their sire/dime.

Thanks everyone for the help info, much appreciated and helpful.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Just a note though, there are no quality breeders in AZ. Both kennels that were reputable there retired. I use to live there and got my male from a racing kennel up north which stopped breeding 3 years ago, and the show kennel in Phoenix retired about a year ago. I wasn't really impressed on the breeders in surrounding states, when I originally looked at breeders before getting Ro, all the ones I looked at were on the east coast.
Back to top Go down
Southpaw906
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Heather! wrote:
Just a note though, there are no quality breeders in AZ. Both kennels that were reputable there retired. I use to live there and got my male from a racing kennel up north which stopped breeding 3 years ago, and the show kennel in Phoenix retired about a year ago. I wasn't really impressed on the breeders in surrounding states, when I originally looked at breeders before getting Ro, all the ones I looked at were on the east coast.

Yeah, I've noticed the lack of quality breeders in AZ, that's why I'm open to visit the kennel myself even if it's in Maine I'll fly there to check the dog.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 pm

There's a show breeder here in Spokane, WA. She has all boy pups at the moment (tried to talk me into one but the only specification I had for getting a husky was that I wanted a girl). I also know she's selling one of her older females (2yrs old) who she isn't showing anymore. Let me know if you want to contact her. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Welcome! Lots of info on this forum, great place to join! Smile

Honestly, if you want to run with a dog you should probably look into rescuing a husky. You will not be able to run with a puppy for at least a year. In addition, if you're a busy student - you may not have to adequately mentally stimulate a puppy to the point where they won't be naughty while you're gone. There are a number of AZ rescues that I'm sure Heather can share with you. If not, a short trip to California will net you a ton of options of gorgeous purebred huskies much like my own. Smile
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm

There's a rescue down in Tuscon, and another one more around the Phoenix area, but the Phoenix area one was a PITA to contact. I wanted to donate a bunch of junk to them, but it was so hard to communicate.

If you want a rescue, though, the primarily pit rescue I worked for has a VERY pretty husky girl (not sure if you are dead set on a male). And huskies are very common at animal control and AWL. To be honest, I agree with others, if you are wanting to run actively with a dog, I'd get a younger rescue, as with a pup you will have to wait a minimal of a few months to be able to run for more than 5 minutes with it. We also have a lot of puppies come in the rescues here in Colorado, which is only a 12 hour drive. A 1 year old may be a better fit with being a college student.
I am an ASU graduate, by the way! I wanted to go to NAU but wanted to stay close to home. We've thought of moving to Flag when we go back.
Back to top Go down
Southpaw906
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 am

Heather! wrote:
There's a rescue down in Tuscon, and another one more around the Phoenix area, but the Phoenix area one was a PITA to contact. I wanted to donate a bunch of junk to them, but it was so hard to communicate.

If you want a rescue, though, the primarily pit rescue I worked for has a VERY pretty husky girl (not sure if you are dead set on a male). And huskies are very common at animal control and AWL. To be honest, I agree with others, if you are wanting to run actively with a dog, I'd get a younger rescue, as with a pup you will have to wait a minimal of a few months to be able to run for more than 5 minutes with it. We also have a lot of puppies come in the rescues here in Colorado, which is only a 12 hour drive. A 1 year old may be a better fit with being a college student.
I am an ASU graduate, by the way! I wanted to go to NAU but wanted to stay close to home. We've thought of moving to Flag when we go back.

I have no problem with waiting a year for it to be fully physical ready for runs, it's a dog that I want for the next 15years, I have nothing against rescued dog and hopefully I'll get one with a bigger home, but for now I want someone to share a bond with since 2months old, NAU seems like a good place for huskies and less hectic than ASUm thank you for the replay.

cinnamonbits wrote:
There's a show breeder here in Spokane, WA. She has all boy pups at the moment (tried to talk me into one but the only specification I had for getting a husky was that I wanted a girl). I also know she's selling one of her older females (2yrs old) who she isn't showing anymore. Let me know if you want to contact her. Very Happy

If the show is worth the trip, yes please give me her contact info, also how long is the show up for, thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 am

... I never said that either university was anything for dogs, just where I went to make conversation. We lived in Scottsdale in a 4,000sqft home and my dogs love the AZ heat and lived a very easy and happy live there, and prefer it over Colorado. I am probably taking what you said the wrong way, but just clarifying as I don't get the point of that being added.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 am

Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

Check out this thread on how to find a reputable breeder if you really are set on a puppy: How To Find a Reputable Breeder.

However, based on what you have said and what we know from experience, you would really be best suited for a rescue dog 1 yr+. I know you said you wanted to bond with a puppy, but I think you are serious underestimating the bond of rescue and rescuer. We got Hailey at 2+ years old... and should would follow John to the ends of the earth. She is more bonded to him over me and do NOT try and tell her that John hasn't been her daddy since birth because she won't believe you Wink Koda we got at 7 months old and he is extremely bonded with me. Those first few days of having a rescue is a bonding experience like no other. So please don't believe that you need to have a puppy in order to fully bond with your husky.

A puppy will need to go to the bathroom every 2 hours when you first get him or her... EVEN AT NIGHT. Can you do that all day? When puppies aren't sleeping, they need to be mentally and physically stimulated without going on a run. They are a full-time job and this is not usually something a student can afford to do. I just want to be sure that you have all the information in front of you when you make your decision.

Also-- most reputable breeders will toss you out the proverbial window if you tell them that you want such a specific looking dog. You can't specify that you want a parti-eyed dog. You can't specify a mask. Most will listen to you when you say a color preference, but that's it. You will already come across uneducated and misinformed if you present yourself to a breeder the way that you did with us and most reputable breeders won't take the time to explain everything to you the way that we have.

If I were in your shoes, I would be checking out local shelters and rescues regularly to see what huskies they have. I betcha they will have a male come across their doors that looks similar to the one in your photo.

Don't underestimate the bond that you can create with a rescue. I would bet it's just as strong if not stronger in ways than a puppy bond.

Lastly, please read people's posts a bit more carefully. You are misinterpreting much of what people say.

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:32 am

Southpaw906 wrote:
I have nothing against rescued dog and hopefully I'll get one with a bigger home, but for now I want someone to share a bond with since 2months old.

And you can't bond with a rescue dog???? Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. 1625187496
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:32 am

Lordbroll wrote:
Southpaw906 wrote:
I have nothing against rescued dog and hopefully I'll get one with a bigger home, but for now I want someone to share a bond with since 2months old.

And you can't bond with a rescue dog???? Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. 1625187496
You and I were on the same wavelength there, Brian Smile

Back to top Go down
Southpaw906
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:51 am

Lordbroll wrote:
Southpaw906 wrote:

if I find a rescue dog with the specs that I'm looking for I'd adopt him in a sec, but I hardly doubt thats possible.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 am

Southpaw906 wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:
Southpaw906 wrote:

if I find a rescue dog with the specs that I'm looking for I'd adopt him in a sec, but I hardly doubt thats possible.
If you listened to the rest of the forum in their responses, I think you'll find that it's a LOT more possible than a breeder puppy. Breeders can't/won't breed for looks in the way that you are looking.

Why are you so focused on the dogs looks anyway? Why does the dog HAVE to have a parti-eye without a mask?

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Southpaw906 wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:
Southpaw906 wrote:

As mentioned above good luck finding it from a breeder as the only way to guarantee markings is by getting an adult.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 pm

I went to a breeder wanting a white female with amber eyes. There were none in the litter of three boys that the mom had, I took home a wolf gray blue eyed male and 4 years later I couldn't have been happier with the boy I got.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 pm

So beyond a particular mask pattern what 'specs' are you hoping to obtain that can't be met through a rescue....
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 pm

There was a time I had my heart set on a black and white with a full mask. I ended up adopting a 2 yr old black and white with an open mask from the shelter who had been a stray. Not only is he the BEST dog I've ever known but we also have the strongest bond. And even though I thought his color and markings were set because he was 2 yrs old when I got him, he surprised us and continued to change color each season. At 7 yrs old now he looks like a grey and white, very different from when we adopted him. And it taught me that when all is said and done, it's the dog inside that matters, not his looks, coat, or eye color. Knowing what I know now, if I had it to do all over again and knew in advance that he'd change from black to a very light grey, which wasn't my original color preference, I wouldn't think twice about adopting him again.

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. Empty

Back to top Go down

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next