It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kaya's first day in doggie daycare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaya2012
Newborn
Newborn
kaya2012

Kaya's first day in doggie daycare Empty
PostSubject: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:52 pm

My local Petsmart has doggie daycare, so I dropped Kaya off there this morning for her first time.
I swear I felt like I was putting a child into kindergarden - instead of sweaters and extra socks, I took food and treats!

I phoned them at noon to see how she was doing, got told she had already made friends with a 1 year old Lab and was having a grand old time and not to worry. Smile

I think it's a great solution for anyone who wants to give their dog a bit of stimulation. Costs about 20 bucks and they're open from 7am to 9pm if you need it.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 am

It's awesome! All dogs at our day care need to be spayed/neutered, vaccinated, they get evaluated for temperament prior to being admitted and need to be on flea meds. Waaay better than our ghetto ass dog parks with crazy dog parents. Our dogs love their little buddies and we coordinate dates to meet up with the other huskies! Smile
Back to top Go down
kaya2012
Newborn
Newborn
kaya2012

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Ghetto ass dog parks - love it Smile

Another bonus I discovered after picking up Kaya about 5pm, was that she was KNACKERED. It's only a 10 minute drive home but she was half asleep in the car the whole way.
It was great to get her home, give her dinner and then she was just calm and restful the rest of the evening. What a pleasure! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Our dog park is pretty nice and I take Cloud there because I can't take him to daycare yet as he isn't neutered. Once he's neutered I may take him to daycare sometime in December, although I probably wouldn't be able to leave him there all day as he WON'T make messes inside and he will force himself to hold it as long as he possibly can. Glad it worked out for ya, that sounds like Cloud and Yuki after an hour or so at the dog park lol!
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Interesting I'll need to check this out in my area. I'm usually worried about leaving my dog in others hands without really getting to know them, even if it's for a couple of hours.

shush I'm a concerned parent! lol!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:04 pm

lol. Just do your research. I work at a doggie day care and I've heard some not so great stories about other daycares from the owner. But for the most part, I think it's easy to find a good one. The one I work at lets all the dogs play together during the day, in crates at night (they do boarding too), and when it's warm out the dogs get to swim!

It was a mad house yesterday with everyone dropping off their dogs to be boarded over Thanksgiving! We about ran out of crates!

Kaya's first day in doggie daycare Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:34 pm

I take my pups to Camp Bow wow here the dogs can play both outside and inside there is a door the seperates the outside and inside the dogs can go thru.

ALso we can watch them on video cam from our PC while they are there to see how things are going for them.

I haven't taken them in a while havn't had a need.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Luna went to puppy daycare for the first time today too. I'm glad Kaya had a good time!
Back to top Go down
kaya2012
Newborn
Newborn
kaya2012

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 pm

What I really like about the setup at my local Petsmart is that the dogs are not all lumped in one space together. They have 3 rooms and the dogs are placed depending on their energy level and their size.

I scored 2 free daycare vouchers originally, so Kaya will go back tomorrow for her second session. After that, I might try get her in for one day a week or perhaps every second week, we'll see how things go.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 am

SaraB wrote:
lol. Just do your research. I work at a doggie day care and I've heard some not so great stories about other daycares from the owner.

Back at my old job, I heard some crazy stories about Petsmart policies since 3 of my coworkers use to work there. Personally, I like the mom and pop daycares. Corporate is a really hard thing to deal with. My work would have been a LOT better if I didn't have to run things by the idiots at corp.

Daycare is awesome though. I use to take mine every Friday, but since I'm home a lot, I don't bother as much anymore. When I worked at a bank 5 days a week, 8 hours, back when Koda was 10 months, he went 5 days a week. Helped him a lot with his human and dog interaction and manners!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:18 am

Bodhi LOVES doggie daycare.
He goes half a day, once a week.
He's totally "knackered" when he comes home.
Dogs are separated into big dog and little dog rooms.
They are segregated into single rooms when the dogs first arrive so everyone can sniff and get used to each other and calm down before they are released into the general populace.
The attendants walk around with the dogs carrying spray bottles in case any play gets too rough.
I wish I had used this with my huskies before Bodhi, because his socialization is way better, thanks to day care, than my earlier dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaya's first day in doggie daycare   Kaya's first day in doggie daycare Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaya's first day in doggie daycare

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1