It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 pm

The local huskies here in Oak Harbor get together every afternoon at the dog park around 5pm. There are a couple others that don't usually come, but yes, there are a lot of huskies around here.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Rhia, I'll shoot you a PM and give you some info.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Are you all free the last Monday or Tuesday of the month? I'm not sure if it's enough notice, but we're hoping to do the Boulder River hike that last week of March. Also, if anyone needs to carpool, I have lots of doggy room in my car Smile Hopefully the weather will be nice, it looks like a beautiful hike!
-edit-No! I accidentally took away that treat, f*cking phone..
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:12 am

Rhia I tried to fix the treat thing. Phones can be so frustrating!!!

The last week in March looks good for me, I have a couple openings that week which means I get off at 11am. So any time after 11 Karli and I are game. This also works out great because she just got spayed today so she has to take it easy for a while. Poor baby just put herself to sleep. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 am

Haha Smile Thank you.
Poor girl! Hope she's feeling better soon. Korra is looking at the first week of April for her spay, so she better savor this hike.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 am

Im in for Boulder River, but ill be bringing the dingo dog and the love-ra-dork, too so no carpools.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 am

K9_Eric wrote:
ill be bringing the dingo dog and the love-ra-dork
lol.

I'm hoping Jeff will jump in if he wants to go on a Tuesday perhaps, but Link is so little and not vaccinated...hm.
Maybe our neighbor in Bremerton will bring her Dakota-pup..

I wonder how cold the water is..
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:33 am

Monday, Thursday, or Friday are good days for me, I work a mid on Tuesday, so I don't get off til four on that day.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Yeah, we gotta sit this one out. DLPP #2 March 19. He just hit a major physical and mental growth spurt so almost ready.

Did yall get Lyme Disease vaccines??
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Up for play dates though......
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:46 pm

I took my pups out on hikes before their shots were finished. There is a risk of them catching something, but aside from my intentionally infecting them with kennel cough, theyve been healthy.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Well I'm definitely not the lock you inside of a house for 3 months kind of owner. he goes everywhere with me out in public. however 1 of my biggest battles with him is his attention span and walking properly. I can hardly get him to go to blocks while paying attention much less go on a hike.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Perhaps a long, tiring leash walking excercise is exactly what he needs..
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Maybe having the older dogs there to model walking might help? I know Korra will plow forward...if they walk in front...because she'll want to tackle them..but you know, that's something.
Anyways! Not saying you have to come this time. If you can't, you'll have to have a regular playdate instead, my house hasn't moved, I'm still a 10 minute walk from Black Raven Brewing Company... Wink
Except I'll be busy for a few weeks with finals..and on April 9 she gets her spay, so not right after that either..eventually. Life. Mad
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Well technically the days work great for me.

What we could do is you all go ahead of us and remove all sticks, rocks, leaves, bones, and dirt and he should be able to keep up no problem.

Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Lol, just leash him up and take him.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Ok, so what date?? we will need a ride.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 pm

I hope we don't pass any bones..?
I'm good for a ride. You didn't see it last time but I have enough doggy trunk room, though Korra may want to rumble, in which case Link would be better off in a lap or the middle seat..
Dunno, maybe the last Monday of the month?
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 am

I will request the 25th of March if thats when we want to go.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 pm

That's good for me.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:29 pm

That works for us too...she'll be recovered from her spay by then. I get off work at 11am that day so we could be there by one, to one fifteen depending on how fast my relief shows up. And I'll have my camera. I'm obsessed with taking pictures, its kinda my thing so we'll have lots of pictures lol.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Ok! I'll probably bring mine too, I'm not that good but I do my best Smile
1 then? 1:30 so you don't have to rush?
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:38 pm

You ladies dont hike much, do you?

Its about a 6hr hike. With a group, and puppies who will need rest stops, its likely 8hrs, maybe even 9. We need to start around 9 or 10am, unless we all intend on hiking down in the dark.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Well I can't go then, because I work every week day this month. I open on Monday and wont be off work til 11am, then its gonna take me about two hours to drive over from the island.

And no, I don't hike much, only Deception's Pass and Wallace Falls.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Well, then we schedule a different date for the hike or a different event for the 25th or both..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next