It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:53 pm

A different day or different activity is good with me. Since I'm free that whole week, you guys can hash out a date.
I think the only time I honest to god hike is out camping. Otherwise I take Korra for 2-3 hours, but it's more play and recall than let's-get-somewhere hiking.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Lol, okay. I rarely sleep in my own bed during late spring thru early fall. My 65L pack is always packed and ready for a 2 night trip. Hiking is my thing.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Now I have both end of the month Sundays and the last Saturday free if we want to do a hike then. And maybe just do a park on the 25th?
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 pm

I forget who posted the link to this husky meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/SeattleHuskies/
but I went and it was super fun. I don't feel like bothering with Korra's scrapbook, so just a couple shots.
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 7Xlqubn
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 FFPQV0j
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 UIWp5Pn
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 HPSNYM3
I kept Korra on leash for maybe an hour. We worked on her attention ON leash first. She did super, super good though, very proud today Smile
Watching them all play was too cute for words. Worth going for sure.

The last weekend is good for me, like I said, I'm all free.
What park would you like to go to if we do that on the 25th instead?
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:47 am

What parks are out your way? There's not much here on the island.

That looked like lots of fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:10 am

Should we go to a park in Seattle? Magnuson maybe? Maybe there's something more towards the middle? I'm not familiar with a lot of the parks around here.

It was, makes me want another husky. Or 3.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:21 am

Like collectables!!!

Lynnwood is in the middle right? We could do something there.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:35 am

Sure, that area's fine with me Smile
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 am

Magnuson is a great midway park.

Dog parks are scarce in Lynnwood. There are a couple short trails down to some beaches that are fun to walk in the Northwest corner of the city. Edmonds and Mukilteo both have dog beaches, Mountlake Terrace has a small forested OLA surrounded by Leashed trails. Willis Tucker, to the North East is up in the area too. Whidbey Island has a SWEET park, but the fence isnt 6ft, and some of the islanders have crap dogs. There is a dog beach over there too, but it isnt fenced.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Oh, dog beach sounds like fun. I wouldn't mind going to Whidbey Island. We are going on a weekday, right? Usually it's just dog walkers mid-day. Hopefully that reduces the chance of crap dogs. And crap people.
Man, I'm so pissed we didn't get any snow. I'm officially going up to get some since it's not coming down here. Korra needs snow. Well, I need Korra to have snow, really. Because, puppies and snow, aww.
Back to top Go down
Ashtonjarrett
Puppy
Puppy
Ashtonjarrett

Male Join date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:52 pm

I'll be Seattle side with Baron in 2 months! Ballard specifically
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 pm

We will see you, im sure!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Sorry I didn't respond sooner guys, been sick.

There are crap dogs here in Oak Harbor, but there is a really nice park in Coupeville that is HUGE and not very many dogs during the day.

A trail to the beach also sounds like a great idea. So many choices lol.
Back to top Go down
Ashtonjarrett
Puppy
Puppy
Ashtonjarrett

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Does anyone know of any good parks right in the Ballard area? I'm trying to arrange my housing strategically for work and Baron.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Ballard itself doesnt have a lot of parks. Its kind of commercial. However, there are a couple spots to check out. Those being...

Golden Gardens Beach. Its a huge public beach. Tons of people flock there in the summer. There is an off-leash park up the hill. Its 4 acres and full of over friendly rough playing dogs. Perfect for a young rambunctious husky.

Carl S. English Jr. Botanical Gardens at The Ballard Locks. Its a 7 acre park that leashed dogs are welcome at, and offers plenty for humans too.

If you venture outside of Ballard a little, but still in Seattle...

Magnuson Beach has a great freshwater dog beach, and huge fenced park to the North at Sand Point.

Northacres OLA in Northgate is an excellent off-leash park.

Discovery Park is a wonderful place for leashed walks

Back to top Go down
Ashtonjarrett
Puppy
Puppy
Ashtonjarrett

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Well I work for Apple and with be working in the U-District. My main goal is to be somewhere with a yard and parks nearby so after work I can make it out daily. I'm not married to moving into Ballard for any reason other than being able to still come home on my hour lunch breaks to eat and hang with the pup. As far as traveling Baron and I are used to weekly two hour treks to the different corners of the Gulf and East coast for new places to explore.

I was born and raised in Portland and plan on making monthly trips with him down there and the Oregon coast and getting back into actually mountain hiking will be a bi weekly must for sure.

Long of the short distance isn't much of an issue other than the immediate play for after work
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Dude. I live in Bothell, way far from the city, with a giant yard, and i can get to the UD in about 20 minutes. You should try for Mountlake Terrace..
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:45 pm

What's the deal for Monday? Are we still getting the dogs together? Roxy, I'm gonna pm you Smile
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:25 pm

I work until 230 monday. We could all hit the dog park though..
Back to top Go down
Ashtonjarrett
Puppy
Puppy
Ashtonjarrett

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:26 am

So any good vets in Seattle? Want to get Baron in touch as soon as I get in town later this month
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 am

Ashton, I don't..I live in Redmond and my vet is good, but nothing special.

Some pictures from today. I think I need to switch lenses though, most shots were tiny specs running around in the distance..especially Karli and Panzer Smile
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 DQfqE3K
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 Do3xTkv
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 TAJjgDx
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 JOVqJ3D
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 Qvh0bI9
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 1X3M8Sq
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 0PU8cWU
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 FJV1Lop
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 Idr0ty2
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 Q6HefDG

I'd love to see some of the pictures you took, Roxy.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:58 pm

I will upload them when I get home...I got some really good shots!!! Karli was done for the rest of the day lol.
Back to top Go down
Aryaowner
Puppy
Puppy
Aryaowner

Male Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm

It was great to meet you and korra today. I am definitely in for the next meetup.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 pm

It was great meeting you too.
Technically, this should be in "sightings" but I don't wanna start a new thread. Anyways, pictures. It was nice and sunny so I could get them in action Smile They were great playmates, we should do it again some time.
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 PQPfGmw
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 WoT3uVk
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 BI73EZU
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 1w9iC0K
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Awesome! So funny you guys ran into each other.

You will have to start posting so we can all give your dog his due love and compliments
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next