It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today Empty
PostSubject: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

We were taking our mid morning walk and it's snowing outside, so they are both loads more hyper. Sheba was diving through the snow and throwing it up in the air and catching it. Kennedy was watching her getting more and more worked up until she dove for her. I let them get their zoomies out for a second, watching their collar positions like a hawk. Well, as soon as I finished the sentence, "Sheba's collar is starting to get too high."..she turned her head fast enough it just slipped over her head. She took of to the end of yard we were in jumping through the snow. I focused on staying happy and excited REALLY HARD and I ran the other way getting her to chase me. I then went and hid behind a side of the privacy fencing and she tore around the corner and jumped on me and started giving me kisses. THANK GOD! I have her lots of hugs and kisses and told her a bajillion times how she is such a good girl and she just ate it up! Thank sweet baby Jesus..

The kicker is that I have been walking her in a harness through the snow because she just gets so crazy, and this morning I told my bf, "I might be playing with fire here, but I'm just going to use her collar".. My girls give me too many heart attacks I swear.

Last edited by Sheba&Kennedy on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Apparently can't speak English anymore.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:01 pm

I would never walk Kodiak by the collar. he pulled the leash out of my hand one day and ran to the end of the yard, stopped, and sat down looking at me. I called and called him but he just looked at me. I called my wife out of the house, she called him and he came running to her. So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today 1625187496
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Glad to hear she didn't run away, was lil worried reading the headline there. I use harness and a home made leash that has a screw together link like a chain that won't come off. My pack, well a coupe of them, can get loose from a carrabeaner hooked to them.
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 am

So glad to hear it all ended well. Those are such scary moments.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:59 am

I would've had a heart attack! We don't even bother with a collar for Stark anymore - his tags and everything are on his harness for the dog park. Smile So glad to hear you got her back safe and sound!!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 am

I have never even thought twice about walking her on a collar, she's done so well with it! I am in the market for a durable harness now! I would rather not go through that again if I can help it!
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 am

You could also look at a slip lead like this.

They aren't exceptionally "cute", but even when PIppa has a weird freak out moment, she can't get out.

Before ordering online, I'd check my locally owned pet stores, I found that mine had them for about $12. Really good quality and they can't get away!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 am

Kelsey, I use nylon slip leads now for basic walking. They are awesome...I have only had one minor incident because Chris wasn't paying attention. Otherwise, its been great. I really realize how great they were when I saw many people at shows using them. I keep separate collars on for tags Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 am

Haha, I should give some credit to Megan for sure!

She's the reason I found Mendota leads to being with. Smile

Last edited by katiesham on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:55 am

Like this: http://www.wag.com/dog/p/hamilton-round-braided-choke-nylon-dog-collar-181994

I use the collars because I have a lot of pretty leashes. Cato has a black one, Delilah has pink and I leave them hooked to collars at all times. It's very easy, you just slip them right over the head, behind the ears Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 am

So do you just use the collars and attach a lead? Or use the whole combo like Katie posted?? This would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:00 am

I have both but prefer the collar attached to a lead.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 am

Sorry! Meant to say credit to you, Megan!

It's late and I've been writing a paper for six hours. I've clearly lost my mind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today   So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today Empty

Back to top Go down

So Shebasauras Rex slipped her collar today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1