It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Where do people get these ideas???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:50 am

Super Nova wrote:
Does anyone have their husky called a mix? We get this one a lot.
All the time. Mainly with Kay and Sophie but I've been asked if Maya's a mix since she's red.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Opinions are like gas. Everyone has some and on occasion they let some out and some people find it offensive but, no one is hurt and it is soon forgotten about.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Well hopefully I won't offend anyone with what I'm about to say.. I got asked today by another husky owner if kiba was mixed and I just said "no" but it killed me because their husky has a snapped tail, was Huge (not even close to standard) and had super short fur with giant ears. Now that being said, I don't care about dogs meeting the breed standard and I happen to think their husky was adorable. but they also told me they spent over grand for her at a pet shop. Im thinking "are you really asking me if my dogs a husky??! I should be asking you " lol

Just to reiterate though, breed standard or not I haven't seen A husky I didn't think was adorable. I just got annoyed they asked me....
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:06 pm

KibaHope wrote:
Well hopefully I won't offend anyone with what I'm about to say.. I got asked today by another husky owner if kiba was mixed and I just said "no" but it killed me because their husky has a snapped tail, was Huge (not even close to standard) and had super short fur with giant ears. Now that being said, I don't care about dogs meeting the breed standard and I happen to think their husky was adorable. but they also told me they spent over grand for her at a pet shop. Im thinking "are you really asking me if my dogs a husky??! I should be asking you " lol

Just to reiterate though, breed standard or not I haven't seen A husky I didn't think was adorable. I just got annoyed they asked me....

That's what happened to me!! Their huskies weren't anywhere near standard and they take one look at Yuki and go 'she isnt full husky is she??' and I feel like going 'well.. are you sure YOURS is?!' Bleh, I don't care if my dog is a mutt or not, I just find it insulting when people don't even know their own dog breed that well.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm

My mom and I went to Dairy Queen to pick up an ice cream cake fro my little brother for his birthday and we had Nunya in the car. We park and a group of teenage boys comes out and they're like, "Oh my God that's such a pretty dog! It's so pretty!" And one of the boys semi-seriously asks if he's a wolf and my mom tells him that, "No, he's a husky." And then they're like, "Oh. No he's a wolf! Wolf! Such a pretty wolf!" At this point they were just being obnoxious teenagers but my mom got so mad haha
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

Female Join date : 2013-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:17 am

ljelgin wrote:
I have had people ask me if Blaze was blind because he has one blue/brown and one amber eye.

I can understand people asking that if they don't know a lot about dogs . When I was little y uncle had a dog with one blind eye . It was blue . It didn't look like a normal eye though. But I can see the connection being made . Bi eyes are so awesome looking they don't look natural . It's cool as shit Smile
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:14 am

Me and my gf took koda to get ice cream. There was a guy there and he asks me. "Where did you get your dog, ive beem looking for a german sherpard for a present for someone" i said he is a husky and i got him im WV. And he said o ok thanks. And walkes away.. I dont think he belived me when i said he was a husky lol.. I have a lot of people know that koda is a husky.. Some think he is mixed with germam shepard which i understand cause his color.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:29 am

I was walking Dizzy last week (who was only 9 weeks old) and this lady said, 'oh wow, look a wolf puppy!' I said kindly, 'No, he's a siberian husky puppy. Like Jingle.' She says, as Dizzy is licking her hand, 'oh scary! does he bite? wolves bite.'
Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 1625187496
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:44 am

When we took Karli to the beach last week a couple little girls (as seen in the pictures lol) were following us around. One made a comment that Karli looked like a wolf and the younger girl flipped out saying she didn't want to touch a wolf. I calmly told them that she was a husky, not a wolf and very friendly (although to be honest, I wanted to play with my dog and I didn't where these girl's parents were, it was a little strange.)
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:46 am

my sister and I where in petco yesterday with all of our pups when a couple teen girls came over and one is petting Bella and comes out with "your so pretty you belong in a desert you look just like a fox your not a dog your a fox!" This was a new for me, I've said Bella gets a kinda foxy look sometimes but i've never been told my dog was a fox not a dog before. I just smile and chuckle when people say something usually.
I had a guy at the bagel shop my boss rents space in notice my tattoo of my old dog a week or so ago and he asked if I got the tat because I make dog treats I had to explain that the tat is of my dog Nova, so he assumed I am working for tami doing the treats because of her then, so I explained to him that nova had to be put to sleep before I met tami and I am working for her because I enjoy it and this was the only job I could find. I tell him I do have two dogs at home right now that I got not to long ago and they are huskies. He looks at me wide eyed and says real loud "Oh! You got two wolves at home?! Wow!" I'm like "No Jesus, their husky Nova was part husky too, they might look wolfy sometimes but their huskies." "Not Wolf Dog?" "Nope just husky, the little monsters."
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:30 pm

One lady calls Dizzy a little fox every time she sees him. I thought that would stop once he's a grown up, but I could be wrong...
Back to top Go down
Wy Renegade
Puppy
Puppy
Wy Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Have you seen the recent National Geographic with the pictures of Arctic foxes? They are pretty cute little buggers, I wouldn't be too bothered by that one.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I will have to watch it. He is a cute little bugger and he pounces on anything that moves, so I can definitely see fox. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:32 am

Had a super embarrassing discussion today. I had my lunch break at work so I took Link out real quick so he could pee but left the cone on (he just got neutered today) because I was in a hurry and didn't want to try the drama of taking it off and putting it back on. So I'm walking Link to do his business and this lady comes out and goes 'why does he have that cone on?' so I explain to her he just got neutered, and she shakes her head and goes 'okay I'm not even going to get into why you shouldn't have neutered him. he's a.. er, what are those, a wolf dog!' and I look at her and go 'no, he's a husky'. and she goes 'yeah that's called a wolf dog you didn't know that?' Dumb founded I respond 'I know my own dog, he is an american kennel club registered breed that is not related to a wolf. A wolf dog is a dog bred with a wolf, he is a siberian husky, which is a breed of dog' and she said 'yeah but he's still a wolf dog'. So I'm on my lunch break in a hurry so I give up on arguing with her, and then she says that I had to be careful because a lady in 'that apartment' had another male wolf dog that looked more like a wolf with two different eyes that Link would get into a fight with. To which I responded 'no, he wouldn't fight with that dog, because thats also my dog, which is a female. And they're not wolf dogs'. In the end she just shook her head, acting like I was the ignorant one. Then as I was walking away, did not cease to amaze me. She told me to make sure I removed his cone before I left because he couldn't 'breathe with that thing on'. Oh. my. god. It's okay if you're ignorant, but to keep preaching to someone about their own dog like that? I was ready to smack her.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:46 am

Oh dear lord. I think I would have blown a gasket.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:24 am

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
Oh dear lord. I think I would have blown a gasket.

Yeah I was pretty close. So glad there was this topic to handily post it in! xD
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:34 am

I love when people think they know more about your dogs then you do. Happens all the time with Sheba. Apparently, at 34 pounds, she is a Malamute, didn't you know?? No? Well let me tell you.. It's happened TWICE. Sometimes I wonder about the intelligence of human kind..

What REALLY makes me mad is when you can hear the whispers of people saying how "aggressive those dogs are", and all my dogs are doing is sniffing the ground.

Like today at Petsmart! I took Ares in for a new harness and leash set, and this like 7 foot tall guy had this little Yorkie right behind my boyfriend in line to check out. Ares and I walked around him to get in line with my bf; Ares paid NO attention to this dog but this guy FREAKED out and started yanking his little dog completely around his body to keep her away from Ares. He didn't even look at her, and this guy thought Ares was going to eat her. Made me so mad. Ignorance is just ridiculous, especially when a person is under the illusion that huskies are wolves and kill anything and everything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
jaselg
Newborn
Newborn
jaselg

Female Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:52 am

I had a guy at the dog park tell me that Huskies aren't people dogs and that he was surprised how friendly mine where to the people at the dog parks. This same guy also was surprised i had two huskies because they are are normally one dog family kind of dogs. I just smiled, nodded my head and walked away. Some people!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:44 am

WOW, I never have this many problems! Yet at least. I will have a comment here and there but nothing like what ya'll have gone threw. Mine has been mainly kids asking me questions about Micole. I try to educate them so hopefully they won't turn out like some of these crazy people Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:47 am

I love it when kids/teens ask me questions. Smile I'll make myself late for work to help them out. Smile
Back to top Go down
redraidersrule
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:51 am

I just read this entire thread and Im just laughing. My pups are 13 weeks. I have had some kids call them a wolf. But this I just snickered at because they are these cute Indian kids that are no more than 4-5 years old. I find it funny they run around saying "Its a wolf, its a wolf". Obviously at that age they dont know better. I have had one adult ask if its a wolf from their car, but I think they were joking. At least I took it that they were joking, because I didnt think anyone could be that stupid. After reading this thread, there is a lot of stupid out there. I have had several people comment on the hot weather in Houston and I just roll my eyes. Then I was in Petsmart one time during a training class and someone came up asking if they were for sale.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:04 pm

The most popular thing......are you gonna bred her? do you know what those pups are worth?? You could make so much money! LOL. Idiots.
Back to top Go down
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyAvalanche

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I get oh my goodness it is just cruel to have that dog in Ga, you are supposed to shave him, I don't even get the pleasure of pointing out that the first part of there breed name is Sibierian, I guess some people are just ignorant, and the second is the are you going to breed him question!
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:25 pm

lol i had a lady tell me huskies were aggressive and then when mine approached her puppy in a low submissive crouch and licked her hands she declared that mine just had an exceptional personality lol.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

mine just had an exceptional personality lol.

TOO FUNNY!

I hear from afar..."Look it's an Alaskan Husky" all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do people get these ideas???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next