It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Where do people get these ideas???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyAvalanche

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:30 pm

I took Lucian outside to use the potty at about 8:45 one night about a month ago, and this lady was walking her small poodle, she saw Lucian before she saw me and said oh my god it's a wolf and grabbed her poodle up. Lol, I said no it's a husky, we don't tend to have wolves in Brunswick Ga. some people Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 85993
Back to top Go down
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyAvalanche

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:31 pm

ugh I hate the Alaskan Husky bit. I just want to turn around and yell, if you can't name the breed properly then do not try at all! It seriously kills me!
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Ha Ha Ha!!!!! On another post I told about how a little boy said my hubby "had a WOLF, Daddy, on a rope" A wolf on a rope!!!! Cracks me UP! But, he was an adorable little boy.....adults who are just stupid are not so adorable.
Back to top Go down
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:10 pm

This is what I don't understand...

People ask me where I got Anya, and when I tell them I got her from a breeder, they lecture me about shelters and evil breeders.

Then a half second later, they ask if she's spayed, and when i say yes, they tell me that was a stupid decision because I could have made so much money breeding her. What the heck?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by AnyaLuv on Sun May 19, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.siberiansamoyed.com
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Lol hahahaha!!! I can just picture that conversation lol!
Back to top Go down
shadow_wraith
Newborn
Newborn
shadow_wraith

Male Join date : 2013-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:47 pm

AnyaLuv wrote:
This is what I don't understand...

People ask me where I got Anya, and when I tell them I got her from a breeder, they lecture me about shelters and evil breeders.

Then a half second later, they ask if she's spayed, and when i say yes, they tell me that was a stupid decision because I could have made so much money breeding her. What the heck?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gotta love the cognitive dissonance.
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:18 am

Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 405604_10151627787646520_223033875_n

I am going to get that printed on a t-shirt!

is Sky a wolf because of the grey/black coming in her coat
is she meant to have 1 blue and 1 brown eye
am I SURE she shouldn't just have blue eyes
WOW she is going to be a big dog cos look at the size of her paws!

can they have one of her puppies?! erm she is 4 months old and nobody ever said I was breeding her
Can they get the phone number of her breeder cos she is cute and they want one! This one annoys me most because it took me years to decide I could properly look after a Husky

Phoenix has only been in the garden and to the vet but we had to carry him through town and someone told me he wasn't a Husky, he was a Mal cos he was too fat.. he is an 8 week old puppy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
huskyowner7
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:55 am

This is to funny, my boyfriend and I yesterday were just saying about how much we hate that whenever we are walking our dogs that people stop and ask these kind of questions. Not a person that goes by asks there "who is walking who?" or when we bike with them "oh can I borrow that dog to get me up that hill?" Or "doesn't that count as cheating seeing how you aren't peddling very much?" That one drives me crazy, its like I am exercising my dog who loves to pull, I'm not doing it for my benefit.

Also:
"Can they get the phone number of her breeder cos she is cute and they want one! This one annoys me most because it took me years to decide I could properly look after a Husky" -Sky Plus Us.

This one also drives me crazy! Yesterday we got to the top of the mountain and this young couple was like "omg I want a husky too, we have to go get one they are beautiful" and all I said to her was "you won't think they are to beautiful when you have to exercise them non stop!" and she was like "oh, they really need that much." I almost lost it on her! But instead I was the bigger person and just walked away, and now I'm praying that they don't actually get a husky!
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:37 pm

SkyPlusUs wrote:
Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 405604_10151627787646520_223033875_n

I am going to get that printed on a t-shirt!

is Sky a wolf because of the grey/black coming in her coat
is she meant to have 1 blue and 1 brown eye
am I SURE she shouldn't just have blue eyes
WOW she is going to be a big dog cos look at the size of her paws!

can they have one of her puppies?! erm she is 4 months old and nobody ever said I was breeding her
Can they get the phone number of her breeder cos she is cute and they want one! This one annoys me most because it took me years to decide I could properly look after a Husky

Phoenix has only been in the garden and to the vet but we had to carry him through town and someone told me he wasn't a Husky, he was a Mal cos he was too fat.. he is an 8 week old puppy Rolling Eyes

I would TOTALLY buy that shirt and wear it to the dog park EVERY TIME. Ha ha ha! I get SOOOO annoyed with the "Oh, she's small for a husky" or "She must still be a pup, has a lot of growing to do" comments. I usually get a little terse. I even had a guy that works in the grooming clinic at PetCo tell me that he owns a husky and it is 100 lbs and that mine was too small, and that I should take her in to get shaved. I pretty much just explained to him how he was wrong and left. I don't know why it rubs me the wrong way.... I know I shouldn't be mean, but I hate it when people don't know the truth and they spread it like they KNOW it to be true. I hate this about EVERYTHING.... probably why I piss some of my friends off on FB when they post those stupid conspiracy theories and I follow up with research that proves it to be completely unsubstantiated and, often, a complete falsehood.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:53 pm

[quote="CavingSiberian"]
SkyPlusUs wrote:
[Ha ha ha! I get SOOOO annoyed with the "Oh, she's small for a husky" or "She must still be a pup, has a lot of growing to do" comments. I usually get a little terse. .

LOL this happened this weekend when we were walking Loki and Glory. A group of kids saw up and were like "SNOW DOGS". One girl in her teens was all over our foster Glory and she said" she must be a puppy she is so small" I told her Glory was 3 and no she isn't small she is normally height and weight of a husky. She was "I didn't know they were that small" I want one so bad" I saw the mom shaking her head so I told the girl about the brushing and the amount of exercise. Her brother was "you don't even walk the dog we have now" The mom mouthed a thank you to me. I swear if more people did their research before getting a dog there probably wouldn't as many dogs in shelters as there is now.
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:06 pm

So I just had to share this with y'all, we took Nova to the park yesterday and as we were walking around 2 women with strollers and a tiny little girl walked past us. The girl couldn't have been older than around 3 or 4 years old and she started exclaiming, "WOLF! WOLF! Look mom its a Wolf!" Her mother laughed at her and told her it was a dog not wolf but the little girl could not get over the fact that she thought Nova was a wolf. As they were walking away though the little girl called back to us, "Y'all better be careful! That wolf will blow your house down!" Apparently, my little Nova is the big bad wolf from the 3 little pigs.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:08 pm

O my goodness!! How freaking cute!!!! I can't stop laughing over that. How cute!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Lol hahaha thats a funny little girl
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:51 pm

That little girl was priceless!!

Quote :
I get SOOOO annoyed with the "Oh, she's small for a husky" or "She must still be a pup, has a lot of growing to do" comments.
THIS drives me nuts!! It wouldn't bother me so much, but a guy my hubby works with has now proceeded to tell me on three different occassions that Karli is going to get bigger, just you wait. Keeps talking about his parents dogs (huskies) and how they're all over 60lbs. I finally looked at him and told him that as per AKC standard, my dog is within breed standards. She may get more muscle in the chest, but she isn't gonna be getting any taller. I explained to him that a husky that is as big as the ones he's describing were probably poorly bred (insert here him exclaiming they have papers for the one) and I continue with that the bigger huskies shouldn't be bred, huskies aren't supposed to be big dogs. Its a constant battle and super annoying!!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:33 am

So the other day i was at the dog park and there were 3 other huskies there with koda.. I think i might be the only normal one..... One girls husky started chasing a little dog. Not mean or aggresive just playing chase, and she started freakig out running after her to stop her.. Ummm ok.. Then the othe lady had a older husky, and she goes.. Ya i hate my dog. He was such a ass when he was younger. Chewed up eveything! How can u say to someone at the dog park that u hate ur dog.... Then the other guy was nice but said that he heard female huskys are bigger than males..... Then whenever i say koda is pretty much full grown i think. Cause he already weighs 55# and is tall enough, they look at me like im nuts cause he is smaller compared to theres..
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:46 am

I have been telling people obviously that I am getting a husky. So far I've heard:

"oh that dog is gonna tear apart your house." Hi I have a 3 and 6 year old, they do fine on their own tearing things apart.

"Huskies are big dogs." What?

"you're gonna have to start training immediately if you ever want that dog to listen." Thanks, I know.

And my favorite.. "why would you get her spayed, you don't want to breed her?" WHAT? NO! I have no desire to ever ever ever ever breed. Do you know how much research, time, money, heartache and planning that takes to do it ethically and responsibly? NO I DO NOT WANT TO BREED. "Well I just think it'd be nice to have the option, just in case you want to." NO THANKS

Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 85993 

I'm starting to realize owning a husky is like when you're pregnant and everyone wants to give you parenting advice, except for the fact that most of them don't know what the hell they're talking about. I just smile and say "I've been researching this breed for years, and how many huskies have you owned?"
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:50 am

cinnamonbits wrote:
That little girl was priceless!!

Quote :
I get SOOOO annoyed with the "Oh, she's small for a husky" or "She must still be a pup, has a lot of growing to do" comments.
THIS drives me nuts!! It wouldn't bother me so much, but a guy my hubby works with has now proceeded to tell me on three different occassions that Karli is going to get bigger, just you wait. Keeps talking about his parents dogs (huskies) and how they're all over 60lbs. I finally looked at him and told him that as per AKC standard, my dog is within breed standards. She may get more muscle in the chest, but she isn't gonna be getting any taller. I explained to him that a husky that is as big as the ones he's describing were probably poorly bred (insert here him exclaiming they have papers for the one) and I continue with that the bigger huskies shouldn't be bred, huskies aren't supposed to be big dogs. Its a constant battle and super annoying!!
I've had several people try to tell me Lucian is going to be a 100lb dog. "Look at the size of his paws, he's gonna be huge!' Heard it constantly. I pretty much just ignored it, seems I couldn't argue, they would insist.Rolling Eyes He's over a year old now, and he's just over 50lbs.
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 am

ya know im not going to lie, i enjoy some of the stereotyoes about huskies, i live in a....lets say not so great neighborhood... and rikku may only be going on 4 months, but most people in the neighborhood know her, and every says "oh she is one of those wolf dogs" and "man she is a mean aggressive dog, she'll rip some faces off" and then im like " ya, you better stay back, and out of our house or she will kill you"......"with licks" cough cough....lol... but everyone just stays away from us because they are scare of my 4 month old husky so im more then okay with some of them haha... although the "are you going to breed her" thing could go for a punch in the face to every person who asks lol...
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm

We just started going to this park somewhat near the house because it has a playground for my daughter, and a pretty decently long trail to tire the husky fluff butt out.

So usually when we get there we sit at the park benches and watch the kiddo play for a little bit whilst I have pup-pup attached to me with the Musher's belt. If I had 5 bucks for every time a kid walks up to our general vicinity, they say something along the lines of, "Oh that is a really big dog!" Or one of the most common, "It looks mean!" Then when adults walk up they say, "What a pretty dog! Is it part wolf? What breed is that?"
So when we went to the park 2 days ago an African American mother and her 6 kids came up to us in serious interest in Okami. All the kids except the youngest girl were scared saying things like, "She is going to eat us or bite us! Mommy I am scared." Then the littlest girl came up and sat down in front of Okami and just started petting her and when Okami started licking her, all of the other kids had an epiphany and just started to get in on the love the pretty dog action. I gave them all a treat to give to her, and then they went on their merry way, after I answered all of their kid questions about her, such as, Is she a wolf, what breed, how old, how big will she get, why is she white, what other colors are their eyes or fur, why are her eyes blue.... etcetera.  

In the end it made me feel great to educate some kids on Siberian Huskies, and make them not scared of them. But it still doesn't take away from the ignorance of other people. Can't win all, but at least I can pick my battles!
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:36 pm

lillith87 wrote:
We just started going to this park somewhat near the house because it has a playground for my daughter, and a pretty decently long trail to tire the husky fluff butt out.

So usually when we get there we sit at the park benches and watch the kiddo play for a little bit whilst I have pup-pup attached to me with the Musher's belt. If I had 5 bucks for every time a kid walks up to our general vicinity, they say something along the lines of, "Oh that is a really big dog!" Or one of the most common, "It looks mean!" Then when adults walk up they say, "What a pretty dog! Is it part wolf? What breed is that?"
So when we went to the park 2 days ago an African American mother and her 6 kids came up to us in serious interest in Okami. All the kids except the youngest girl were scared saying things like, "She is going to eat us or bite us! Mommy I am scared." Then the littlest girl came up and sat down in front of Okami and just started petting her and when Okami started licking her, all of the other kids had an epiphany and just started to get in on the love the pretty dog action. I gave them all a treat to give to her, and then they went on their merry way, after I answered all of their kid questions about her, such as, Is she a wolf, what breed, how old, how big will she get, why is she white, what other colors are their eyes or fur, why are her eyes blue.... etcetera.  

In the end it made me feel great to educate some kids on Siberian Huskies, and make them not scared of them. But it still doesn't take away from the ignorance of other people. Can't win all, but at least I can pick my battles!
That is really cute
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 pm

I had people tell me to Shave my husky, Am I going to breed him, how much do you want, hes too skinny. The list goes on, dear jesus im training Lucifer not to freaking rip my arms off when he wants to chase a squirrel and im "cruel" for making him sit and stay for five minuets for pulling my arm off XD.
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Since game of thrones came out does anyone else get asked if their dog is a direwolf.....
no I'm not joking
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:56 pm

All. The. Freaking. Time. Link does actually look like them though.

Also this: walking down the sidewalk...... "Winter is coming."
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:58 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
All. The. Freaking. Time.  Link does actually look like them though.

Also this: walking down the sidewalk...... "Winter is coming."
lmao London is the right color but I'm like you do realize dire wolves are 3x her size....oh yea and they're extinct!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:34 pm

I've gotten winter is coming, but had no idea what they were talking about lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do people get these ideas???   Where do people get these ideas??? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do people get these ideas???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next