It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Eating things ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kelly foster ford
Puppy
Puppy
kelly foster ford

Female Join date : 2013-03-25

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Hello all , I am fairly new to this forum but have had huskies all my life. our newest edition is Eska. Eska is 14months . Eska is the only husky that I have owned who eats EVERYTHING scratch when we walk she will eat worms, grubs, berries , sticks , snails, dirt, you name it she will eat it . She has grown out of the socks and underware phase (THANK HEAVENs!!) but in our journeys I have pulled half eaten mice left by the cats as well as birds out of her mouth and a few Rabbit poops too! Just wondering if anybody else has this issue and should I be concerned? she is due for yearly check up thought about getting some blood work done to see if aything is lacking but other than the eating stuff she is healthy . would appreciate any thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:55 pm

My sibe used to do that. Leave it/drop it training worked quite well to stop the behavior. He still does it more than I'd like but nowhere near as bad as he used to be.

Last edited by Huskyluv on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kelly foster ford
Puppy
Puppy
kelly foster ford

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes some things she will leave or drop but other I have to pry out of her mouth ie: mice and birds LOL!! did it slow down as your sibe got older?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:11 pm

No, not really.Lol And he's turning 8 this year.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm

sierra is 10 and i pulled a dead mice out of her mouth this morning on our walk! the leave it and drop it only works on things like paper and junk, poop and dead animals i need to pry out of her mouth, just try to see things before she does! good luck and up the training!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Eating things ?  1625187496 Story of my life! All THREE of mine do this!!! Asia will "drop" certain things, but others I have to yank it out. I spend our entire walk on the look out for things that they'll lunge for Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kelly foster ford
Puppy
Puppy
kelly foster ford

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:35 pm

LOL... good to know...thought maybe she was lacking something in her diet we feed her a high quality food a little fruits, veggies and some cooked meats.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:38 pm

This sounds like Kerian I have pulled alot stuff out of her mouth, She will drop it sometimes but that is probably the stuff she really doesn't want like paper and tissue.
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 pm

i have to pull stuff out of willow's mouth daily too!! she's a puppy though, so i'm working on the drop it & leave it currently. however, if its something she REALLY wants, it's difficult to get it out of her mouth LOL!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 5:13 pm

I had to pull a dead fish carcass out of Lycus' mouth once... grossest thing ever!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Two words: cat poo.

Now that is nasty.

My mom always is the one having to get stuff away from Mishka. I tend to be very observant when I bring him out and haven't had any nasty discoveries. Lol.

Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh yes the cat poo, nasty is not even the word i am so glad the kitten in the house stopped using the litter box and goes outside all day! Now we have to learn not to go in the garabage, steal the tupperware, and the stick of butter from the butter dish! Working on leave it when they really want something, drop it when they have something already not that it works, otherwise i try using on by to just keep them walking and not sniffing to much cause thats when mine find something interesting. Luckily i havent had any dead things yet, we had a lab pit mix catch a rabbit once and swollow it whole when my poor grandmama told her to drop it. Poor grandmama wouldnt even acknowledge the dog for a few weeks after that she couldnt get past having to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eating things ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating things ?    Eating things ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating things ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1