It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Weigh in... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:49 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned, they all grow at different rates and based on the pics you've posted before she looks about right for her age I think. She might be a slower grower or you may have a smaller female on your hands.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

I guess I forgot to post it but we did weigh ins last weekend and Dakota came in at 52 lbs. Perfect! He's up 2 lbs from 6 weeks ago but I wanted him to get back up slightly over 50 lbs so we wouldn't have an issue with his Heartgard dosage.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm

One thing I am always skeptical about is how well vets know huskies before they start suggesting weight. My parent's vet (coincidentally the first vet I ever took Koda to) said that he was too small for his age and too thin. He was VERY wrong. Koda was still a lanky/lean teenager and is actually LARGE for the breed, maxing out at 23.5" tall and 60 lbs.

Vets are people too... and unless they are familiar with huskies (same for any breed), most people think that huskies should be a lot bigger. This is a common problem with over breeding...

Weigh in... - Page 10 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Koda wrote:
One thing I am always skeptical about is how well vets know huskies before they start suggesting weight.

Vets are people too... and unless they are familiar with huskies, most people think that huskies should be a lot bigger.

To many folks think Malamutes are Huskies which I think is part of the size problem.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Appa is 6 months old today. I stopped to weigh him on my way home: 56lbs.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Limbaugh is progressing superbly, 91 pounds.

Piggy is finally losing steadily, 105 pounds (five to seven left to go).

C and D are 11.4 and 11.7 respectively. Cats and car rides, holy hell.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:30 pm

I think Supper was taller than Storm at Jenn's birthday party, right?

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Or exactly the same height to shoulders, his block head sticks up a little further on that neck. He looks silly being about the width of Ridik and being the tallest of the pack.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 pm

But he's so cute!...and he'll fill out before you know it!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Took Mya to the vet this morning to get the lump that I found her on checked out (I'll update you guys on that on another post) and guess what? She's down to 57lbs!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 pm

go Mya go!!!!

good job melissa

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Yay Mya!
(Way to go Melissa!)

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm

bounce I knew she looked thinner, but I thought she would be 60lbs not 57. This whole raw, THK, and reduced cal kibble thing works! LOL
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:43 pm

MelissaI wrote:
bounce I knew she looked thinner, but I thought she would be 60lbs not 57. This whole raw, THK, and reduced cal kibble thing works! LOL

Storm's diet! I'm tellin' ya!

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Had the kidz at the vet today for ck. ups and shots, Adobo weighed in at 51.1 and Biko is 54.5

With the difference in body size and shape I figured Biko would run well over 60lbs. He must be covered in puppy fat instead of muscle. Adobo is built like a brick shit house and her strength shows when it comes to pulling the sled or scooter.
Back to top Go down
Domingo
Teenager
Teenager
Domingo

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Isis weighed in at her last visit at 35.4lbs. She's 10 months.
Back to top Go down
boom1186
Newborn
Newborn
boom1186

Female Join date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Kemba is 5 months and 22 lbs, i'm hoping she start gaining some weight now that her stomach is better.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Ghost hit the scales today at 30.6 lbs, and she's 20 weeks as of today.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Weigh in... - Page 10 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:07 pm

At the vet's last week, Bodhi was 41 lbs.
He's 2 years and one month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Rogue finally isn't skinny anymore and weighs about 15lbs at 17 weeks. Koda hasn't budged since October 2010 and is still 53lbs and lookin' like a hunk.
Back to top Go down
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 pm

At 5 months, Drogo is 32 lbs.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Dakota's last visit showed he gained 9 lbs! Yikes. I know this seizure medicine is making him hungry all the time but I didn't think I was feeding him more. I cut back a little on his portions so I hope this helps him lose some weight. He needs to be on the lean side becuase of his bad hip. I am kind of wondering if their scale is off though. They said Willow weighed 55lbs and I just can't see it. She is a petite girl and she has that curve in her waist so she is definately lean. Question
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:13 pm

At Kale's visit on Thurs. he weighed in at 55.8Ibs Smile
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Siku is about a year and a half and is 43lbs. Not sure about Elara.

Weigh in... - Page 10 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:30 am

at 13 months, Zoey is 48lbs
and at a few weeks shy of 2 years, Embry is 54lbs Smile

I actually got complemented at the dog park the other day by a lady with a Husky mix, she said I was the first person she's seen in a very long time that had great looking huskies that weren't overweight. It's so true, all the ones over here are freaking huge! I wouldn't say overweight though, more like bred very very large..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next