It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Weigh in... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Took Mya to the vet today and she's down another 2lbs...now she's at 55lbs! woohooo!!! When I first joined the forum in October/November of last year she was about 72-75lbs!!! I think that within almost a year getting her down to 55lbs is pretty good. Yay Mya!!!
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Milo is 14months and knocking on the 70lb mark and lil miss roxy is still in the low 20s as usual.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:56 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, Mya has lost 17lbs since late last year. I thought I'd take some pics to see if you can really tell. I think you can...what do you guys think?

This was almost a year ago. 72lbs!!!

Weigh in... - Page 11 DSC02272

Weigh in... - Page 11 DSC02273

and here she is today...55lbs! Woohoo!!!

Weigh in... - Page 11 DSC04222

Weigh in... - Page 11 DSC04221

Weigh in... - Page 11 DSC04220

I want her down to 52lbs and she'll be perfect!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:01 pm

WOW! Look at those feminine curves!! She looks amazing! I love you I bet she has all the boy dogs taking second glances! haha
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Hahaha!!! She knows she's hot stuff! Wink She looks and acts so much healthier too! My poor girl..I don't know how I let her get so fat after her spay Embarassed
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm

I thought my Neo was skinny at 65lbs, but now I think hes fat! Congratz on the weightloss, I know how hard it is for people, I can only imagine how hard it is to take weight off of a dog!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks Jill! It was really hard to get the weight off of her, but if it wasn't for this forum I would have never know what to do! Thanks to the girls (you know who you are) that are like doggie nutritional geniuses I would have never gotten her to loose the weight! Took a year, but she just has another 2-3lbs to go =)
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Just saw your new pics of Neo and girl he's NOT fat at all!! He's perfect! Boy weigh more than girls so he's good =)
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Good job Melissa! I'm sure those last couple lbs will be off before you know it. Dakota got up to 60 lbs 2 years ago when we moved to FL and I couldn't exercise him as much as I did in WA due to the FL heat. Took about a year to get him to drop the weight down to 55 lbs, today he's down to his ideal weight of 52 lbs.

Looks like Mya's coat also got lighter comparing the before and after pics.

Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Faolan weighs 29lbs as of Friday Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Good job Melissa! I'm sure those last couple lbs will be off before you know it. Dakota got up to 60 lbs 2 years ago when we moved to FL and I couldn't exercise him as much as I did in WA due to the FL heat. Took about a year to get him to drop the weight down to 55 lbs, today he's down to his ideal weight of 52 lbs.

Thanks Val! It's incredible how hard it is to get the weight off of these crazy doggies!

Yep, her coat is definitely lighter!! That might have to do with the fact that I've brushed her 2 days in a row and all of the hair coming out was dark!
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Your right about the forum being helpful! I don't know what I would do if I havnt had found this! I may not post a lot, but I sure read everything. Hope those last few pounds come off quick and easy!
Back to top Go down
Lyzelle
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Zander is a larger boy, around 65-70lbs depending on the time of year. He'll be 7yrs in Feb.

I've never heard of a Sibe having issues losing weight before I read this thread. Usually I hear people trying to get weight ON them. Lol. Never had any "heavy" issues with any of my Sibes, ever. All of my fosters usually drop all their weight when they are with me, too. Grain-free, minimal fat, high protein diets. And, of course, plenty of space to run around.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Hahaha!!! She knows she's hot stuff! Wink She looks and acts so much healthier too! My poor girl..I don't know how I let her get so fat after her spay Embarassed

sometimes it happens but you were aware of it and took action! great job! mya is a hot husky now Smile

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm anxious to see if Rogue hit 20lbs yet or not. I really don't feel like she isn't where she should be for 5 months but I guess we will see!

Mya looks great Mel:D I'm hoping it's easy to keep Rogue where she is weight wise now after the spay, but she'll still get a lot of exercise so I think we'll be good!

I've only had issues with gaining weight(Ziwipeak seriously put weight on so fast for both dogs when feeling an extra 1/2 scoop to a full scoop til they reached ideal weight), I don't think my two will ever need their food cut down, lol.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Appa clocked in today at 66lbs. He's still-a-growin! We still haven't topped out on height yet either. Here he is looking svelt.

Weigh in... - Page 11 Bigguy10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Aww, Appa looks like a tall, lanky teenager! I love you Of course he's adorable as is but man is he going to be a stunner when he fills out! Gonna be a big boy!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:52 pm

He sure looks tall! He's gonna be a big one! Smile What a cutie pie!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Wow, he's tall!!!! He's too adorable!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:33 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:

Thanks Val! It's incredible how hard it is to get the weight off of these crazy doggies!

Yep, her coat is definitely lighter!! That might have to do with the fact that I've brushed her 2 days in a row and all of the hair coming out was dark!

Good job, Melissa! Like a Star @ heaven
If you think 5 lbs in a year was tough, try 30 lbs in 6 months! Storm is now at 85.5 lbs and he is within 5.5 lbs within his goal weight! Now that it's cooled off and we're on the trail again, he'll be down to 80 lbs in no time!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 pm

rileyflorence wrote:
Appa clocked in today at 66lbs. He's still-a-growin! We still haven't topped out on height yet either. Here he is looking svelt.

Weigh in... - Page 11 Bigguy10
I love you Very handsome boy!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Holy crap, Riley! He's huge! Super handsome boy though Very Happy I love your avatar, btw... He looks like an absolute monster in that picture.

We weighed Ghost a couple days ago, and she clocked in at 35.2 lbs at 5 1/2 months. I wonder if I'll have a big girl on my hands as well.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Weigh in... - Page 11 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Elvismyhusky
Newborn
Newborn
Elvismyhusky

Female Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Elvis is 6 months and weighs in at 63lbs. hes a big boy.
Back to top Go down
4BangenRange
Puppy
Puppy
4BangenRange

Male Join date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Just weighed the dogs yesterday actually. Josie (4years old) comes in at 61 pounds. And our chiwawa Hailey(5years old) comes in at 11 pounds. lol. She use to be 15 before we got Josie last year. But with Haliey running all over the house to try and control what Josie does we think she lost a few pounds lol. Just started to walk both dogs together for a short distance now too. So gonna try and get Hailey down to 8 pounds.
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:32 am

I know I'm pages out of date with this question, but you only feed your dogs a cup of dry food a day? I've been feeding Sky about 3 cups a day (the package recommends 3 1/2 for her size and age, but she skips a meal every few days so I've cut back). Am I majorly overfeeding? Or is it because I'm not feeding grain free? I'm feeding her Wellness Super 5 Puppy.

I think she's a bit on the small side, compared to a lot of what I'm reading. She weighed about 30 lbs last month at 6.5-7 months old. I think she's put on a few lbs, but I'm not very good at judging. I guess I'll find out on Monday when I take her in for the big snip! (Poor baby.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next