It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

Weigh in... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Our guy is on 4 cups a day. We tried lowering him but he was getting too skinny. 4 Cups a day (between three meals) of TOTW (the water fowl formula). Hopefully he doesn't always eat this much...
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks, Riley. That makes me feel better. Smile
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Kale eats a lot as well, around 3 - 3 2/2 cups a day and his Body Condition Score is perfect. Course he poos a lot more than normal too (3-4 times a day), so I'm guessing his metabolism is faster? haha idk. If I didn't meal feed he'd be a rollie pollie! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 am

Found out today that Sky weighs 33 lbs. Guess she hasn't gotten as much bigger as I thought! (No complaints here!)
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:07 am

Yowza 3-4 poops a day? Appa is 1 or 2, but regularly 2. 8am and 7pm
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:09 pm

We had our vet check up yesterday. Frankie is down to 58 lbs.!!!

He was up to 65 back in March/April with all of the prednisone and stuff. Hopefully we can stay at this weight. I just need to watch out for for grandpa's treats.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Sierra had her 6 month check up today. everything looks good and her weight is DOWN!!!! Laughing
back in march she was 51.5lbs and today she was 46lbs!!! so that is 5.5lbs off of her, all that we have been doing is feeding the reduced cal food and HIKED a TON this summer and treats are limited and fruit and veggies are up. the vet said she could still stand to lose some more so we will keep doing what were doing.

Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Yay for Sierra!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:45 pm

yay Sierra! Does Dr. M still thing she needs to lose more weight? Ginger is 51.7 lbs and was told she shouldn't lose anymore weight! I thought Sierra and Ginger were about the same build and height? No?

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Ken said they were pushing on her sides and that they thought she could lose more. i asked ken, are you sure the fur was not in the way? and he side no. were not going to change any thing so im not worried about it, if she loses more then thats fine i just dont want her gaining. with her age the less weight on the joints the better. like you im sure snowshoeing will help. and i thought ginger and sierra were about the same "size" but sierra has way more hair then ginger so she looks bigger i think.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Have 3 current weights:

Rodeo: 32.8
Odin: 55 lbs
Mishka: 49.8lbs

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:01 am

Yay Sierra!! That's awesome news Jen! I would like Mya to get down to the 51lb mark (she's currently 55lbs) so I'm thinking about bringing back the reduced cal food again for a while. We'll see...
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Dakota got weighed this weekend, he's lost 3 lbs since the last weigh in somehow. He looks and feels perfect and I would never have guessed that he'd lost weight but the scale doesn't lie. Dakota's now down to 50 lbs.

Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

Female Join date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Blitz - will be 2 years on Christmas weighed in at 41 lbs yesterday when he went to get fixed... I feel like he's too skinny but my husband just tells me he is just smaller than most and isn't supposed to be real buff.. I see a lot of huskies with the full chests... how can I get him to have that? I want him to be close to 50lbs because right now when I pet him I can feel his ribs, not ridiculously, but enough that it worries me.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:13 am

Kayla, you're supposed to be able to feel the ribs but not see them. Did the vet tell you he should put on some weight? If not, I wouldn't worry. Btw, my boy was 44 lbs at 2 yrs old and he didn't finish filling out until he was 3.

Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 am

Neo is the same way. He's just thin. I feed him good and he's always had clear vet checks so I set into worry about it too much.
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Kayla, you're supposed to be able to feel the ribs but not see them. Did the vet tell you he should put on some weight? If not, I wouldn't worry. Btw, my boy was 44 lbs at 2 yrs old and he didn't finish filling out until he was 3.

Nope can't see his ribs, the vet hasn't said anything really, I asked if he was too skinny and if I should try to fatten him up and she said that he certainly would not be hurt by gaining more weight, but she said his current weight isn't something to be worried about. What did your dog's weight reach once he was 3? I feel like once he starts his raw diet next week he will start to fill out because right now he doesn't like kibble, so he only will eat a cup of it a day of it, if he eats more it's a miracle!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 pm

KaylaNL wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:

Nope can't see his ribs, the vet hasn't said anything really, I asked if he was too skinny and if I should try to fatten him up and she said that he certainly would not be hurt by gaining more weight, but she said his current weight isn't something to be worried about. What did your dog's weight reach once he was 3? I feel like once he starts his raw diet next week he will start to fill out because right now he doesn't like kibble, so he only will eat a cup of it a day of it, if he eats more it's a miracle!

Most Huskys are self-regulators too, and that may be all that his body needs. Make sure you do ALL the research for a raw diet; it's much more complex than just feeding raw meat.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:53 pm

hypers987 wrote:
KaylaNL wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:

Most Huskys are self-regulators too, and that may be all that his body needs. Make sure you do ALL the research for a raw diet; it's much more complex than just feeding raw meat.

Agreed, that's why I only do partial raw. You might want to look into The Honest Kitchen or you're going to be switching to raw. That, or Grandma Lucys. I haven't tried Grandma Lucy's yet, but I will be doing so once this box of THK runs out. I don't have to worry about them getting the necessary nutrients because they're on THK. So best of both worlds..lol. I actually still feed kibble in the morning, but just because I'm half asleep at 6am when they wake me up and am not about to hydrate THK and have to clean up after the raw..lol.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:56 pm

MelissaI wrote:
hypers987 wrote:
KaylaNL wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:

Agreed, that's why I only do partial raw. You might want to look into The Honest Kitchen or you're going to be switching to raw. That, or Grandma Lucys. I haven't tried Grandma Lucy's yet, but I will be doing so once this box of THK runs out. I don't have to worry about them getting the necessary nutrients because they're on THK. So best of both worlds..lol. I actually still feed kibble in the morning, but just because I'm half asleep at 6am when they wake me up and am not about to hydrate THK and have to clean up after the raw..lol.

Same with me!! haha Kale gets 1 1/2 cups ToTW kibble in the morning and THK at night. You, Kody and Mya will love Grandma Lucy's, I got a bag and tried it with Kale for 3 nights and he loved it! and it smells really good! lol I was impressed to say the least Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Which formula of GL's did you try? I think Val said she did the pork so I'm probably going to try that! Kody has such a sensitive tummy so I hope he does well on it.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:29 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Which formula of GL's did you try? I think Val said she did the pork so I'm probably going to try that! Kody has such a sensitive tummy so I hope he does well on it.

I got the Pork as well, I liked all the other ingredients in it. Kale's stools never changed the whole 3 days, which is a first! usually when I change his diet only slightly he gets the runs. I'll have to go a couple weeks on it to really see how he does, but overall I really like it. The texture reminds me of Cream of Wheat haha It's much more pasty than THK lol
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 pm

KaylaNL wrote:
What did your dog's weight reach once he was 3?

I believe he was 55 lbs at the age of 3, however he's 6 yrs old now, in perfect condition and currently weighs 50 lbs.

I also feed a partial raw diet, I like the piece of mind and ease of using it on vacations and trips.

Melissa, I have used two Grandma Lucy's formulas, Pork and Chicken.

Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 pm

I fed partial raw today just to see how he and my other dog would like to eat it, he loved it. He probably would have ate tons more if I would have let him, but I only wanted to give a quarter pound of ground beef with his kibble so I didn't give him too much at a time. I'm putting together a weekly "menu" for them so I make sure their diets are well balanced, but I think I'm gonna stick with feeding kibble in the morning just like you said you do.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Surprisingly my boy just continues to lose weight without even trying! He's now down to 48 lbs but still in perfect body condition, loads of energy, etc. It's amazing what an impact kibble versus raw diet can have on an individual! Dakota hasn't been below 50 lbs since he was 2 yrs old!

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next