It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

Weigh in... - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Weighed neo at the vet Saturday while getting his comfortis. He weighed in at 64 lbs, and I still can see his ribs and hips lol.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Found some pics of my boy at different weights to show how he's changed...
(He's 22 inches tall in all photos)

2 yrs old, 47 lbs (kinda reminds me of Kody's teenage body, Melissa!)
Weigh in... - Page 13 P9281224

4 yrs old, 60 lbs
Weigh in... - Page 13 _DSC8792

6 yrs old, 48 lbs (cell phone pic, excuse the quality)
Weigh in... - Page 13 IMAG0153

But as you can see, his pic at 2 yrs old and 47 lbs looks totally different from his pic at 6 yrs old and 48 lbs yet his weight is the same. I find it amazing.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:08 pm

he looks great Val! and thanks for posting, it makes me really think Jack is close to the 4yr mark. look at how much deeper Dakotas chest is now that he is 6 compared to the 2yr pic. i was looking at Jack the other day thinking how much deeper his chest is now then before. i guess it must be an age thing. were gonna go to petsmart next weekend and i want to get him weighed.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks, Jenn! I just found that 2 yr old pic of him this afternoon and couldn't believe he used to look so gangly. lol I just had to put a comparison pic of him at the same weight but different age to highlight what a difference age (and diet) can make. Hard to believe he's the same weight comparing his 2 yr and 6 yr photos yet he looks like a totally different dog (not to mention his color change). I'm so glad I found that photo. Smile

Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Val, that first pic is what neo looks like lol. Except Neo is at 64lbs. He is quite a but taller than Dakota though at 27". I guess if I am patient he will actually look like a dog one day, and not a gangly teenage boy.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Here is a pic I took of him this morning, he is not as skinny as he was when I first got him, but he is still not where I would like him to be.

Weigh in... - Page 13 Mail11
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Weigh in... - Page 13 Sierra11
this is jack in july of 09' 4 months after we got him. around 1.5-2yrs

Weigh in... - Page 13 Img_2011
this is jack from Oct of this yr, around 3.5-4yrs

they really do change after that 2yr mark. just hang in there with Neo he will grow into his body with out having to increase his food.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Neo doesn't look bad at all, I remember when our Dakota was younger I worried that people thought we were starving him because of how skinny he was. How old is Neo now? I'm sure he'll fill in nicely as he gets older, that's why I try to share Dakota's 'transformation' with those who've got teenage huskies in that super skinny stage...there's hope! Wink

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Oh my goodness Val! Dakota looks like a totally different dog now form when he was 2yrs old! He was lanky and skinny just like Kody. Plus, look at how dark his coat was Shocked
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Thank goodness there is hope! He just turned 2 this month, after looking at you guys pics, I don't feel so bad now.I also worry about people thinking I done feed him lol.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:08 pm

i<3neo wrote:
Thank goodness there is hope! He just turned 2 this month, after looking at you guys pics, I don't feel so bad now.I also worry about people thinking I done feed him lol.

Don't feel bad. Even my own husband asks me if I'm feeding him enough Razz
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Found some pics of my boy at different weights to show how he's changed...
(He's 22 inches tall in all photos)

2 yrs old, 47 lbs (kinda reminds me of Kody's teenage body, Melissa!)
Weigh in... - Page 13 P9281224

4 yrs old, 60 lbs
Weigh in... - Page 13 _DSC8792

6 yrs old, 48 lbs (cell phone pic, excuse the quality)
Weigh in... - Page 13 IMAG0153

But as you can see, his pic at 2 yrs old and 47 lbs looks totally different from his pic at 6 yrs old and 48 lbs yet his weight is the same. I find it amazing.

It's not the same dog....Razz
That's an amazing transformation of Dakota!

Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos. I am especially interested to see Dakota at different ages. That's quite a change in Jack too. So there is hope for us to not always have a skinny dog!

Like Neo, we don't know how old Ghost is. He was very skinny when we first got him and it took a little while before we had him eating properly. Just in the last month or so, his chest has started to get wider. He's grown since we got him too. We don't crate him any more but I don't think he would quite fit in his crate now anyway. Based on the photos of Dakota and Jack, maybe Ghost is around 2.

I always love looking at the photos, but it's especially useful since we don't see many other huskies around here and it gives us a comparison. Everyone has such beautiful dogs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:29 pm

So i took a top pic of Jack last night to show
Weigh in... - Page 13 Jack-2

so this was in a 2.5yr span of us having him, he grew into his body. i think its good to show all of you that YES huskies have a few years of being super skinny (YES we feed them Wink ) and then one day they turn into great looking sibs Smile

Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Found out today Neo isn't 2 like I thought, he is only a year and 7 months, ive got a monster
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:03 pm

i<3neo wrote:
Found out today Neo isn't 2 like I thought, he is only a year and 7 months, ive got a monster

Welcome to the club! Wink No worries, he'll fill in. We got Frosti at 1 1/2 and after her shedding period she looked sooooo thin. Now she's 2 (we think) or closer to 2 and she's filled out a lot in the past month. She seems calmer, too.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Vet visit for my two today! Piper weighed in at 33lbs! Willow weighed 48lbs and 50lbs! LOL! She counldn't sit still so they weighed her twice and went with the 50lbs. I knew they got her 55lbs wrong last year. I'm pretty sure she bounced around so much that they left it at 55lbs last year. I really need to work on her excitement around people. She is out of control when she thinks someone might want to pet her!

Piper was great until they took Willow out of the room to weigh her the second time. She screamed bloody murder! I do believe this is probably why the family got rid of her. She definately has SA. She is finally comfortable with me coming and going but this was the first time Willow left her sight. I was able to calm her down from screaming to wimpering.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Took Rodeo into the vet today, at 8 months old to the day he's 39lbs.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:35 am

26nikita wrote:
Piper was great until they took Willow out of the room to weigh her the second time. She screamed bloody murder! I do believe this is probably why the family got rid of her. She definately has SA. She is finally comfortable with me coming and going but this was the first time Willow left her sight. I was able to calm her down from screaming to wimpering.

Same thing with Frosti! She freaks out when he's taken away at the vet. Last time was ok, since Daddy was there and she's a daddy's girl. Wink She bonded to Chili almost instantly, while he could care less about her. Wink If they wash either of them at day care, both have to go into the tub area or she escapes the pen in search of him.

If she's ok when you leave and just needs another dog - that's not so bad. I would take that gladly! We're still working on Frosti's SA.

Glad she checked out okay! Smile
Back to top Go down
LiamShannon
Newborn
Newborn
LiamShannon

Male Join date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:09 am

arooroomom wrote:
Took Rodeo into the vet today, at 8 months old to the day he's 39lbs.
Polar is 8 months old and he weighs 37 pounds lol.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 am

Liam, love the avatar pic. Polar seems like he is contemplating another morsel even though the belly is full.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:26 am

At petsmart yesterday we weighted them
Sierra 45lbs Smile
Jack still holding at 56lbs! He must have put fur on as he looks bigger to me.

Oh and jack goes CRAZY if sierra is taken away from him, sierra could care less...

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:26 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
If she's ok when you leave and just needs another dog - that's not so bad. I would take that gladly! We're still working on Frosti's SA.

I am very glad she doesn't have a severe case but it might prevent her from going with my son when the time comes. I really don't want them getting two dogs without trying out one first so they may have to just adopt a new pup when the time comes and she will stay with Willow an myself.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:03 pm

26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

I am very glad she doesn't have a severe case but it might prevent her from going with my son when the time comes. I really don't want them getting two dogs without trying out one first so they may have to just adopt a new pup when the time comes and she will stay with Willow an myself.

Mindy, everything happens for a reason. Maybe Piper is meant to stay with you and Willow and Colton can rescue another furbaby. That way they'll have a niece/nephew to play with! lol! I would feel bad taking Piper from Willow Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Melissa, I totally agree. I already warned my son that it will be possible that she can't be an only dog. He's hoping she will grow out of it, but either way, we will definatly do what's best for Piper!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next