It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Weigh in... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Pups went to the vet today and got weighed in. Mya lost another 7lbs since her last visit. She's now at 47lbs!! She's never weighed under 53lbs before affraid You all know that I've tried very hard to get Mya back to a healthy weight, but from 72lbs to 47lbs in a year is insane! No more weight loss for her! I don't know how she's lost so much these past few months though. I haven't changed her food or anything. It must be the biking that we've been doing lately and the jogs that I go on with them because Kody lost a few lbs too. He's now at 43lbs. He needs to gain some weight! They both look healthy and definitely not malnourished or anything.

I never thought that I would be concerned about Mya needing to gain a few lbs Razz I'm going to start feeding them both a little more for now. They can't loose anymore!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:33 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Took Rodeo into the vet today, at 8 months old to the day he's 39lbs.

Shocked and Kody is only 4lbs heavier than Rodeo! How much does Cheyenne weigh? Wow he needs to gain a few. For sure!
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Took Thor to the vet today. Check up was good and he weighted in at 48lbs
Back to top Go down
Keimo&Izzi
Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:52 am

Bella now weighs 40lbs, but she still looks so skinny. She's almost as tall as Keimo, but Keimo is wayyyyy overweight. (I think he might be showing some of his possible Labrador side with age and we're working on losing some weight. My neighbor was giving him human food! affraid ) What would be a good weight for a female husky?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 am

Ghost clocked in at 42.6 lbs a couple days ago, and she's not quite 9 months. I wonder if she'll wind up being out of standard. She's pretty tall too, especially now that we are seeing more Huskies to compare her to.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Weigh in... - Page 14 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Weighed Appa today: 73lbs. Atta'boy.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Ava's been 42.5 lbs since she was about a year old. Somehow she's -always- 42.5, give or take an ounce. Even though I could swear that she gains and loses some, she always stays the same. It makes me jealous Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Bodhi was 2 1/2 yesterday. He weighs 43.5 lbs.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Cali's last weight in was 45 lbs, she has weighted that the last three check ups.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Weighed them in yesterday to keep an eye on Chili's weight. He's steady around 69 lbs now (which is crazy considering he was 79.2 last year and wasn't overweight at the time) and Frosti is 51 lbs.

They've maintained for more than a month - so I think I have the calorie levels right. 1 1/2 cups Nature's variety (705 calories), 1 cup Nature's domain (336 calories) = 1041 calories plus a handful of treats each day (150 or so calories) - and some raw chicken and pumpkin every week or couple of weeks added in.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 pm

2 days until his 10 month mark Rodeo is 41lbs Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Neo was 60 lbs at his nueter. Hes lost 4 lbs but he looks better than ever. Confusing
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:42 pm

According to the vet, Brewer will be 3yrs in April of this year.

Measurements:
-Neck - 23" (Base of Neck to Base of Breast Bone x 2)
-Mid Rib - 10.5"
-Mid Section (Girth) - 27.5"
-Weight = 51.5lbs
Back to top Go down
Lainaloo
Teenager
Teenager
Lainaloo

Female Join date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Atka is 4.5 months and is 31lbs Smile I finally feel like he's catching up/ caught up to average ! Yay.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/laina.dotson
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Jack's rabies visit weigh in

56lbs still, boy is holding steady Smile regardless of how he looks with and with out his winter coat!

Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Jack looks so much bigger than neo, round wise, it amazes me that he ways more than alot of dogs here butv looks so much smaller.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

i<3neo wrote:
Jack looks so much bigger than neo, round wise, it amazes me that he ways more than alot of dogs here butv looks so much smaller.
Neo will fill out just wait Smile

i checked my first post here back in 2010 and jack was 56lbs then but his body sure has changed!

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:35 pm

maggies at 62.5 at the vet! at 16 months the vet thinks that is a nice weight for a malamute. He said she can put on a few more pounds but she is perfect!
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:41 pm

While at the vet visiting with one of the volunteers for MUSHR (They just got two 6 week old pups and two 6 month old females in...), Brewer weighed in at 53lbs. 1.5lb gain in approximately a month...

I am still under the impression that 55lbs is the ideal weight for Brewers frame, but if he keeps packing on muscle...upper 50s here we come!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Piper weighed in at 41 lbs at her spay appt. That was her 6 month mark. She only gained 8 lbs in 2 months. Does that seem right for a growing puppy? I forgot to ask Aspens weight when I picked her up from her spay but I have to take back to get the stitches out so hopefully I will remember to ask then.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Blaze weights in at 50.3 lbs at 17 months old I think he is a good weight a little on the small size for a male. Weigh in... - Page 14 401487643

What do you think ??

Added is only 21inches from ground to front leg..

He was 39 lbs when I got him at 9 months.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:24 am

Sabaka was also 50 lbs and change at the vet a couple weeks ago! These guys ARE alot alike! Sabaka is about 16 months old. The vet and I both think Sabaka is a good size. Huskies actually are not supposed to be "husky"-sized dogs. They should be very trim under all that fluffy fur. I still think both Sabaka and Blaze's chest will fill out a little and they may easily reach the mid to upper 50's, but I'm happy with Sabaka's weight right now.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:16 am

ljelgin wrote:
Blaze weights in at 50.3 lbs at 17 months old I think he is a good weight a little on the small size for a male.

What do you think ??

Added is only 21inches from ground to front leg..

He was 39 lbs when I got him at 9 months.

That sounds like a good size for a male to me. My 6 year old male sibe is 22 inches tall and lately has been in the 48-50 lb range.

Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 am

Luka is 49.5lb and stands 23 inches tall at 5 months. I've read that they will grow steadily until 8 months and then slowly up to 14 months, is the information I have correct?

Do you guys measure from the ground up to the shoulder or the top of the leg? Also, judging from his size now, would it be realistic to predict his adult weight at around 70 lb? Id like to know because the tables on puppy food bags go by estimate adult weight so I want to make sure he is getting enough grub!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:07 am

Wow 50lbs at 5 months! I'd say 65-70lbs would be a good estimate for adult weight. Mickey gained most of his length in his first year. At which point he was about 50lbs. He then steadily filled out and matured to his current 65lbs by 2 1/2 3 years.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next