|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Off topic, anyone runners have shin splints?
Join date : 2012-11-20
Location : Ohio
|Subject: Off topic, anyone runners have shin splints? Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:28 pm|| |
I have always had shin splints through my youth. I played sports year around through high school. Always had problems with them. I was good at sprinting but when i had to keep pace at a jog. When shins would kill.. Now im trying to start jogging again. And my shins splint act up. Any tips for me anyone?
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Denver, CO
|Subject: Re: Off topic, anyone runners have shin splints? Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 pm|| |
Lots of stretching, ice, and ibuprofen. I freaking hate shin splints, good luck.
Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook
"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been." -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"
Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014
Join date : 2010-12-22
Location : Portland, OR
|Subject: Re: Off topic, anyone runners have shin splints? Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:33 pm|| |
Run only on soft surfaces until they disappear.
Ice is your friend.
Most importantly, start strengthening exercises for the muscle in front of your shin.
- sit on the counter in your kitchen so your legs are free
- suspend a weight from the toe area of your foot
(A 5 lb. bag of sugar in a plastic grocery bag or purse works)
- lift the bag, just using your foot, 5 sets x 10 each
Be patient. This is not going to get better instantly.
|Subject: Re: Off topic, anyone runners have shin splints? || |
Off topic, anyone runners have shin splints?
|» 2 year old Husky has mouth sores and patch on leg|
by amymeme Yesterday at 8:49 pm
» Max and Mika's scrapbook
by amymeme Yesterday at 7:52 pm
» Aggressive 8 week old puppy
by aljones Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 pm
» Rest In Peace Bodhi
by Windfishin Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:22 pm
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:18 pm
» Storm scrap book.
by aljones Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:42 pm
» Bolt Scrap Book
by Liv_Skye Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:14 pm
» The Desert Pack
by aljones Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:35 pm
» Dry Eye in Huskies
by jbealer Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:52 pm
» Fur loss... and it's not only seasonal
by amymeme Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:58 pm
» Recall Information
by aljones Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:36 pm
» Please...we need advice when it’s time to euthanize our sweet guy
by mav1016 Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:59 pm
» Memories of Sasha RIP
by jbealer Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:40 pm
» In Memory of Raven
by jalepeno Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:36 pm
» are puppies purebred?
by Sara668 Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:34 am
» Which breeder? Karnovanda or Snowmist?
by sibmom Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:42 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:06 pm
» Cruciate ligament
by hush Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:58 pm
» New member
by hush Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:44 pm
» The Mighty Road Trip-Arizona/Utah/Colorado
by TwisterII Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:02 pm