It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Unfenced yard for now, advice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kai's Daddy
Newborn
Newborn
Kai's Daddy

Male Join date : 2013-04-13

Unfenced yard for now, advice? Empty
PostSubject: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:26 pm

My wife and I just purchased our first home and will be moving in a few weeks. Kai is 1 y/o and Leia is only 9 weeks. The issue is our yard will not be fenced for a couple of months. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an anchor or tie down system? I have been looking at the SUREswivel, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:46 pm

We use and used the hurricane stake from Four Paws buy online or Walmart Meijers etc there was a thread with the link I put in yesterday so search for the thread "did a little experiment" Your product looks good but can not comment on except price seems high if you are gonna buy two for temporary. The Hurrican is 13-17$ and just pound it in the ground a little more and add a dab of dirt and seed to grass over after wards. That might be cheaper.

TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm

If I'm tying out I just use the hooded stake from walmart rated for 100+ lbs dogs and it works fine, but your dogs energy levels and strength might require something different. If you search "stake" in the search feature of the site there's a couple threads where people have talked about different types of stakes. I also have a wireless fence system that has worked pretty well but neither way do I leave my dog out without me right there.

Newborn
Newborn
Kai's Daddy

Male Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:01 pm

TwisterII wrote:
If I'm tying out I just use the hooded stake from walmart rated for 100+ lbs dogs and it works fine, but your dogs energy levels and strength might require something different. If you search "stake" in the search feature of the site there's a couple threads where people have talked about different types of stakes. I also have a wireless fence system that has worked pretty well but neither way do I leave my dog out without me right there.
I think "stakes" was the only thing I didnt search, Kai isnt stronger than your average husky and weve done well with energy thanks to plenty of walks and runs. Thanks for The posts
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:20 pm

When I am not outside with Selena I use a 75 foot runner from tree to tree or if you don't have 2 trees use 2 posts cemented in the ground.

Here is mine
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-75-ft-Adjustable-Wire-Rope-Dog-Run-Kit-13080/100349311#.UcswQjs3uh0
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm

We arent allowed fences where I live so we just use tie out cables wrapped around the porch post.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 pm

We just bought the 100 lbs dog set at Walmart. I recommend you get a Collar that is specifically meant to be used with a tie out. Kiba isnt large or stonger than your average husky but she was able to break two collars because they weren't specifically for a tie out. The one we have now is by Titan and works great.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:30 am

I havent heard of a tie out specific collar before. I know many people say to use a harness on a tie out but my bella will just chew through hers and her brothers in a matter of seconds so i have to stick with collars.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 am

Alicia I am with you I never heard of tie out collars and Bourbon always eat his harnesses when tied out. We got a Lupine harness (to start accustoming him toharnesses) as they guarantee/replace even eaten/chewed product. Lupine.com

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unfenced yard for now, advice?   Unfenced yard for now, advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unfenced yard for now, advice?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1