It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weight of your husky at 6 months

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 am

Shebs weighed about 25 pounds at 6 months, I believe. She may be pushing 35 now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 1:33 am

I never really notice how big Lycus is until I read posts like these lol. He's a sasquatch at 78lbs. At 6 months he weighed the 60lbs already... I think of your pups at half his size and it really hits me how big he is lol. He's from a BYB which explains a lot.
Back to top Go down
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:21 am

6months 35lbs, mine is almost 2 and 47lbs now and I don't think she is ever going to break 47 lol.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:05 am

Mishka was 53lbs at 6 months. He's been 54lbs the last several months steady. He'll be a year old Jan 9.

Loki2012
Puppy
Puppy
Loki2012

Female Join date : 2013-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Seems like loki has stopped gaining weight. He's around a year and 4months now and has weighed 75 pounds since he turned a year old.
Back to top Go down
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

Female Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Luna is five months and is at 36.6 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Yukonray
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 12:57 am

I have a 6 month old Siberian; his name is Yukon Jack; and he weighs today in at 60 solid pounds.............has a great personality.Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 Yukonj14

Last edited by Yukonray on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [url=https://servimg.com/view/19081055/7][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f59/19/08/10/55/yukonj14.jpg[/img][/url])
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:25 am

Wow...I thought Ami was big. At just less than 2 yrs he weighed 63 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:07 am

And now I feel like I'm underfeeding Mishka (trust me, Im not...she eats like a horse) cuz she's 8 months and only weighs 30 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Yukonray
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:05 am

Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 Xmas11

Yukon was the only pup in the litter when born on 22 June 2014; perhaps that is why he got so big so fast...........

Does anyone know how I can change the "paw" avatar to the left of screen; it should read puppy; not new born.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:08 am

@ Yukonray...I think its newborn because you only have made 2 posts (thats how its rated I believe) and not sure its changeable by us.

Yukon is beautiful...thats a great pic
Back to top Go down
Yukonray
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:19 am

I lost my other Siberian back in September to cancer; he was only ten years old; his name was Casper 2004-2014.....Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 Ccaspe10
Back to top Go down
Yukonray
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:25 am

Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 T210

Yukon Jack ;  a few weeks old ; only one in the litter.................."Born to Eat"
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 am

Welcome to the forum!! Jimmy is right it is based on how many posts you have done, so the more posts you do the older you get, haha!

What a wonderful pic of the 2 of you. Size depends on many factors, my girl for instance was the runt of her litter of 8, she is by far the largest at 2 years old, she weighs around 65-70 ponds and at 6 months she weighed roughly 55-60 pounds, and there is no fat on my girl. How big was you boys mom and dad? Typically they will top out around the same size, unless your my girl and dwarf mom and dad, Very Happy My girls daddy was standard husky about 50 pounds, and her momma was above standard at roughly 55-60. Enjoy the forum, lots of helpful people and a ton of info.

Yukonray, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Casper, I'm so happy to hear that Yukon has come to your life and will give you endless joy and fun!! Both are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:34 pm

I took my boy to the vet today to get weighed for his heartworm pill and woah Mylo is nowhere near all the 6 month olds here.. He's 24.8 pounds..(i'll just say 25). Granted it has become a thing that some people think he's a female because of his size. It's ironic that the only other 25 pound pup on this thread was a female haha. He's happy and healthy and I don't mind him being smaller than average but my girlfriend is stumped as to why he is like this. I just tell her he's growing slow. He's practically the same size as when he was 5 months (he was 21 pounds then).
Here's a pic of my boy today.

Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 Photo_30
Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 Photo_31
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 1:40 am

David, have you checked out The Weigh In thread? Look at the one that has around 8 pages. Size wise Mylo reminds me of Elise's boy Simon(his scrapbook is on the main page of all threads for today), take a look at that thread as well. At any rate, many huskies grow slow. I wouldn't be surprised to see a significant growth spurt around 8 months of age. Many do not completely fill out until 3 years of age. Breed standard for males is 45 pounds(low end), at his current weight, best guess he should be around 40 pounds at a year (have read at 6 months 75% of weight, so he would be at around 38 pounds at a year, then fill out close to the 45). Give it time, and remember huskies are a medium sized dog, not a large size. Do you know the weight of his mom and dad? That would help you, he should be at the weight when full grown. Also, there is a huge factor on the breeder you choose, many dogs here (certainly not all), are not from great pedigrees, so they will be larger in appearance (typically over standard weight and height). Then you factor in different body styles, there are many show dogs who are smaller, than the working dogs (again not all). So there are many factors that go into how a husky will turn out as far as size. As long as he is healthy, eats good, no need to worry. Hope that helps... Smile
Back to top Go down
temmons0703
Newborn
Newborn
temmons0703

Female Join date : 2014-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Rocco is 6 months and when we weighed him just a couple nights ago he weighed 55 lbs. at his 4 month vet appointment he was 40 lbs and the vet didn't seem worried about his weight. I mean he runs around like crazy. He's outside 4-5 hours a day and when he comes inside he still plays. We only feed him twice a day once in the morning about 10 o'clock and then we put food down about 6 PM when were eating dinner and he doesn't eat it all in one setting because he's usually to worried about running and playing and eating at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Bear5182
Newborn
Newborn
Bear5182

Male Join date : 2017-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:58 am

My Bear is 1 year and 1 month predominately husky, with a slight amount of Malamoot in him so he tends to be slightly bigger then full bred and when I say slight amount I mean like a half breed 2 generations back that was bred with full bred. He got neutard yesterday and weighed in at 62 pounds I feel him fromm gold standard puppy kibble, following 5he weight guide on the back. Along with giving him high protein treat chews once a week.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Leo at 6 months old weight in at 60 lbs. he only eat 1 1/2 to 2 cups depending on his active. he eventually got up to about 82 lbs. around 2 and a half he when down to 69 lbs and has now been his normal weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight of your husky at 6 months   Weight of your husky at 6 months - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight of your husky at 6 months

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2