It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd Empty
PostSubject: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:42 pm

The title is inspired by all those military societies out there for doing stupid crap Razz

Anyway, whose dogs have inadvertently injured them through the course of just being Huskies? I'm not talking about acts of aggression, just acts of exuberance/shenanigans.

I'll start: we've been in Chicago visiting my parents and it's been super cold and snowy. Ghost is a jerk when it's like that, constantly having zoomies and refusing to come in. I got up with them around 6:00 yesterday morning, and the temp was pretty close to zero. I decided I really didn't want to chase her around for 20 minutes in my pajamas, so I put her on her leash. As soon as I opened the door, she was pulling like crazy, and wound up wrapping my hand backwards around the corner of the deck railing and pinning two fingers with the leash. End result: two badly sprained fingers with bruised/scraped bones. Asshole dog....

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Oh! I love this!

Tasha, (may she rest in peace) once gave my brother a concussion by headbutting him. He had unhooked her from her tie out, and she started trying to slip her collar by jumping and twisting. In one of her jumps she banged her head into his and knocked him on his butt. In mud. Needless to say, he lost hold on her collar and she took off. He didn't much feel like looking for her after that, thankfully, my mom did.

She was my true devil dog, but also my heart dog. 37 lbs of pure mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Tika and I took a walk in the woods on New Years eve the first winter we had her. We were working on recall in a narrow snowmobile lane (no escape for her) So I would let her run 10 feet, then recall and reward etc...then I let her go about 50 feet, I called her back and she came running at me top speed. Now the upside of the narrow trail is she doesnt get far, the down side is that I had no where to jump when she wouldnt slow down.
I decided to try and stop her, I bent down while calling her and thought she'd slow when she got to me...bam. Hit my shoulder and knocked it out of joint. It popped right back, but I was swollen and in considerable pain afterwards...
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:08 pm

So years ago when rough housing with my beloved first husky Butkis he was jumping around and got me with his claw at the eye, I looked like some human punched me in the eye.
And on a second note he caused the following so it is ALL his fault. I rescued a new kitty Rocky and I shut Butkis up stairs and was pulling kitty out of the box to show him to Shadie kitty numero uno. Unknown to me Butkis came down the stairs and sat behind me. Poor little Rocky was lifted out of the box and hoisted to my shoulder where he immediately was eye to eye with DOG!  affraid He proceeded to climb yes climb my head with all claws out and hung on to the top of my head. I had to go next door to get the neighbor to help me as I had blood running out of my scalp and down into my eye, my ear was torn a bit and the side of my neck and face were covered in slashes. I look like a slasher victim from a werewolf or gremlin movie! Dumb enthusiast dogass!

GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Lol what a fun idea fr a thread I love it!
Orion is a big head bunter (kind of like a cat when they smoodge up to you for attention) particularly when he is excited and trying to get me to play. Well last week at classes I had him off leash and we were running agility tunnels, we got through the last tunnel and I was running along side him, before I could turn and call him to me the little shite went behind me and bunted me fair and square up the backside! I ended up face planting on the field so of course he took off, zooming through all the other dogs in the class causing an absolute ruckus before returning to me and dancing round me in circles while wooing at the top of his voice telling me off for still being on the ground... all of the other owners with their nice wee border collies were legless laughing at the naughty husky!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Oh my god, that's hilarious! Shadow is kind of a head butter too, but I think that's more just her being super clumsy and lacking situational awareness. She went to jump off the couch this summer and her hard little head caught me square in the nose and broke it. Crazy dogs.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:22 pm

I dont have any super funny story yet that i can think of. But koda loves to do a superman dive onto me when im laying in bed not paying attention to him lol. All i see is koda flying through the air with this silly face and lands right on me.. Lol
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Rip is wearing a cone currently because she has a hot spot she won't leave alone. She tried to jump on the couch yesterday and the cone hit me square in the bridge of my nose. Sore to the touch a bit today, thankfully no black eye. After Chris stopped laughing he was able to check if she had left a mark.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Jack has given me 2 bloody noses while trying to hook his leash! i now lean to the side if he is laying down to clip it!

Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Oh wow! Broken and bloody noses! That sounds awful! I forgot Dizzy got me good one day. To get down to riverside park, there is this huge staircase made of granite stairs. They get quite slick when it rains and when we were going into the park after a rain, he bolted after a rat that crossed our path and my feet slipped out from under me. I landed right on my tailbone on those unforgiving stone steps. I bruised my tailbone pretty badly and was hobbling around for a few days. Of course when I fell, Dizzy gave me this look like, "Lady, quit messing around! It's time to go to the park!"

Last edited by wpskier222 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:36 pm

Link and I came across something out hiking once, and he was obsessed with investigating it. Turns out it was a lizard. That was freezing to stay unnoticed.

I bent down to get a closer look myself and was in the process of saying "whattya see bud?"

All I got out was "whattya se..." And BOOM! Link bounced up and Woo Woo'd in the sort of play, pounce, super excited way. Top of his head right in the nose. My entire face went numb and the tears in my eyes just exploded.

The rest of the hike was a disaster, for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Oh this is great and you guys have reminded me of things!
Eric superman leap are a specialty of Bourbon's when he leaps on the bed to leap on top of my hubby and usually hits the unmentionables!
Kelly this exact thing happened with Bourbon and my hubby. I too checked things out after I stopped laughing until I realized hubby was gonna get black eyes. He got two barely there black eyes with a cracked skin across the bridge.
 The Order of the Purple Dog Turd 1625187496 

MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Bode has given me plenty of bruises, I thought he broke my nose once. This morning he was playing with a toy on the bed, shook it crazy, and smacked me in the face with it. Ouch.

About a month ago, my mom was up north with their two dogs by herself, got the dogs out at a gas station to let them potty. Well their newer one (adopted this summer) who is a bit nuts got all wrapped up. My mom somehow fell and broke three fingers on her hand!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Walk Kerian and Blaze one time they saw something they want to see oops I caught my foot on the side of the sidewalk and fell ended up with a cracked rib from the fall.
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 pm

The 2 I can think of off the bat are, one morning right after the bf moved into his house I was walking Nova without shoes so I was trying to stay on the concrete and he has a rather large rectangular fountain that is about shoulder height, she walked around it while pooping, and i lifted my arm over instead of going around so I could stay on the concrete and appearently she finished pooping about halfway across the fountain and took off running, she drug me smack into the fountain, scraped my armpit and my hip got a nice bruise from it.

The other happened this past weekend, I volunteer at this environmental place here, and if I go on the weekend then I can take Nova so she can run around off leash. My sisters love to go so they both went with me on Saturday. Well we went out to feed the songbirds and on the way back my sisters started chasing each other being goofy, well Nova came flying up and tackled my youngest sister causing her to fall and slide a good like 5 ft on her face. It was comical, she does not agree.
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:00 am

I was helping with a dog sled team yesterday. I went into the yard to meet there new husky I hadn't met before. She was so excited to meet me that she jumped and punched me in the face with her snout. like where you eyebrow stops in the middle I have a bruise on my eye socket bone. (medical people I am sorry if I am describing that wrong.) She is super friendly but makes there other four dogs look super calm (there not.) . She was almost at a normal energy after her first time pulling a sled.

Also one of the other people helping almost got ran into when the dogs took off. Have to pay attention to where the dogs are!
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:01 am

Also Meredith how is Shadow doing? It's been a bit sense you updated merbear.laminarchaos.net.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:26 am

Playing with the Big Dogs wrote:
Also Meredith how is Shadow doing? It's been a bit sense you updated merbear.laminarchaos.net.

Shadow is actually doing exceedingly well. Thanks for asking Smile

I need to take a few minutes now that I have some time and update the blog with all the "normal" things she does that we didn't think she'd be able to do. She's running around wrestling with Ghost now after spending 13 hours cooped up in the car today Razz

Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:50 am

That's fantastic! I am really glad to hear that! How old is Shadow now.
Back to top Go down
kobi269
Newborn
Newborn
kobi269

Male Join date : 2013-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:43 am

Back in March, I was playing with Kobi on the floor. I was laying on my back and he climbed up on top of me standing on my chest. Mike was talking to my mom and must have said something that interested Kobi and he decided to use my face for traction for his take off lol. Left me with a 1/4 inch gash on my right eye lid, all the doctor did was clean it and put a bandaid on it lol I stopped playing on the floor with him after that lol.

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd 89198110
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:13 am

New one this am. Possible broken thumb. Sad
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Oww Jen! How did that happen?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Snow on Saturday, rain on Sunday, froze over night Sunday and last night, snow this am = snow covering ice + wild puppy = falling on my butt. So, I slipped on some ice I didn't see and tried to catch myself and landed square on the meaty part of my thumb and jamming my wrist. Thumb doesn't hurt quite as much now though, so it's not broken, just bruised and swollen thankfully!
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Jen I have an idea for you.

ICEtrekkers Shoe Diamond Grip (1 Pair)
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Living in Idaho I have been wanting them too. I think it would make winter a lot safer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd Empty

Back to top Go down

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next