It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:55 am

Oh I know Amanda, it's my camera too, it has a thing for zooming and I noticed it doesn't lock in place anymore so all my pics have a blur quality to them...I didn't notice it til tonite when I took pics of Mishka with the sun going down, I turned off the flash and took like 5 pics and every single one was a blur and I'm like wtf! She wasn't even moving! Then I noticed the zoom thing was turned and it just wiggles around instead of locking into place. I hope I get a new camera for Christmas! lol

So nice to see you again! I havnt seen you in forever, love your new avatar, lol
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 am

Either way your pics are still excellent! You do a great job capturing the very essence of what it means to be a husky Smile I'll give you one of my wishes for a new camera hehhe

Been away for a bit in between a cold and all the aches and pains of being an old lady. Playing catch up tonight (Thanks - on the avatar)
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:46 am

@Artic_Wind
You caught Kohdi right in the act of vengeance on the "innocent" queen...this is hilarious
...just another usual day in the life of Mr. Jester and Queen Mi bounce

And nice pic of Mishy on her domain there..he little muzzle reminds me of Mylos little muzzle lol and also her coat too, that's Mylo's!

I took him for a bath on Tuesday and I forget how nice and fluffier he feels when he is bathed...and I don't know how they made him smell soooo gooood, he still smells really good.

And I constantly like to do the feel technique that @amymeme does ever since I read it a while back on another thread. Especially since I recently transitioned him to a new better, richer food.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:49 am

David, I'm curious...what's the feel technique?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:52 am

Great picture of husky play, Jimmy. Ami does the same thing with Archer, grabbing Archer's leg with his mouth and then shaking. ZAt first, I was horrified, thought sure Archer was gonna' have a broken or dislocated leg - I don't know what their bones are made of but the certainly must be sturdy lol!
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:03 pm

I love seeing pictures of these two together! Love the cheap leg bite shot lol. Klaus goes for the legs too!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:28 pm

redlattinville wrote:
David, I'm curious...what's the feel technique?

It's just a name I gave to what @amymeme has explained various times, here it is explained by Amy herself:
"the only way to know if there's excess fat in all that fur is to put your hands on them, work your fingers down in and feel for ribs, spine and hips... should be able to feel individual ribs with a bit of padding. If the spine and hips are sharp to the touch, maybe too skinny. If you have to work to find individual ribs, maybe too fat."
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Ooooo I see! Thanks for reposting!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:01 pm

Hey Jimmy, Miya is mainly indoors too, so I don't know how much that has to do with the blows???? And fluffy to me is LOTS of FUR, not fat at all!! I love Amy's feel technique, but alas, I don't have any reason to do that on my two. Sad a good pat as in good girl on their sides, and I can feel their ribs. It's funny what fur does for a dog. Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:30 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
It's funny what fur does for a dog. Smile

Or a kitchen...or the car...or a husband's favorite fleece vest Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 1625187496
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:05 pm

amymeme wrote:

MiyasMomma wrote:

Or a kitchen...or the car...or a husband's favorite fleece vest Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 1625187496

Or your breakfast, lunch and dinner silent
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:11 pm

redlattinville wrote:

amymeme wrote:

MiyasMomma wrote:

Or your breakfast, lunch and dinner silent

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm

I want to respond to each one of you but I'm on my phone so it ain't happening...I'll do it when I get home though, for now...thank you all Smile

Renee, I put my theory with a question mark cuz I don't know if being inside for the most part contributes to whether they blow or not. It is my theory though because I DO know for sure that Kohdi's brother and dad were both blowing coat big time, back in May when I had picked up Mishka. Kohdi would have been just over 1 year old at that time and wasnt blowing at all the entire year. Breeder is in California, and the only difference I could see between Kohdi and his blood sibling is Kohdi sleeps inside and his brother sleeps outside but in a kennel. I should ask husky mom!!! She would know!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:41 pm

It is a good question to ask Jimmy. Miya has had a blow twice a year, starting at 6 months in the spring which was her first/getting rid of some baby fur as well I presume. I know your temps even in the coldest part of the year is much warmer than where I am, but then again, I am much warmer than say where Amy is. I wonder if South Texas and Florida, and LA where Ashleigh is, would resemble where you live, and therefor no significant blow? Great question, I wonder if it has more to do with outside temps, more so than indoor/outdoor dogs? I would have to guess, but Miya is probably out about an equal amount of time as your two. Curious minds want to know, haha
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Kinda what I meant Renee, my dogs are exposed to more even temps here. It gets cold here no doubt but the breeder is in a part of California where it gets colder...and warmer. Kohdi spent more time outside at night last fall/winter and had a minor blow in the spring. The extent of blow on any husky I've ever had has been minor compared to what I see in here, take your Miya for example, I see layers being blown while any of my huskies only experienced tufts here and there, mostly in the shoulders, sides at the bottom and the rear flanks. They shed year round though! lol
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
Kinda what I meant Renee, my dogs are exposed to more even temps here. It gets cold here no doubt but the breeder is in a part of California where it gets colder...and warmer. Kohdi spent more time outside at night last fall/winter and had a minor blow in the spring. The extent of blow on any husky I've ever had has been minor compared to what I see in here, take your Miya for example, I see layers being blown while any of my huskies only experienced tufts here and there, mostly in the shoulders, sides at the bottom and the rear flanks. They shed year round though! lol

I'll take pictures for you...it is quite a site to behold lol! My first girl, Sasha, used to look like a puzzle with pieces missing. And she was a rather sleek, shorter haired husky. Sort of what people these days call a racing line. Not sure that distinction existed back in the early 70's.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 1:38 am

Dang! that was a wicked fast page change! LOL

@Amanda...Thank you so much for that! these two make it easy though, they are just so fun to watch...I wish I didnt have to work so I could just stay home and watch them all day, LOL

And I hope you are feeling much better now Smile

@Dave...LOLOL...yes, this is THE Queen and the Jesters life, im just heree for their amusement, haha

Aw man, you are lucky! my two need a bath! ahh, and btw, there was one vid you posted awhile back, I think it was regarding a neighbor husky tid up outside, in watching it, it was the moment I said to myself, "oh wow! thats Mishka!" the coat, the way Mylo was walking/pulling you towards the fence, it was Mishka! Smile

@Amy...thank you! many many times in your stories of Archer and Ami, I see my two in them, I think we do good by our pups. And...I think their bones are titanium infused rubber Wink

@Haley...thank you so much! yes! Kohdi is one for the legs...even mine! LOLOL, hes so gentle though! he has hold of them, but there isnt any pressure, its pretty amazing! with Mishka, he HAS to go for the legs, shes a squirmy little thing, LOLOL

@Renee...I already talked about it some...but I wanted to also bring up one thing I left out...while mine havnt had a major blow, there are times when Im brushing out bushels...so they are blowing, they just arent as obvious I guess. Malukhai, Anuschka, Blitz and even my first husky Nikita were all like this, I do feel its climate related.

@Amy again, LOL, Id love to see pics of Sasha!

and now, cuz this page needs a pic and I didnt take any today (I know! shocking right!) here is Kohdi and Mishka's Christmas pic as a black and white Smile
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 Xmas11
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 2:36 am

LOVE the b&w pic! That would make a really great postcard or greeting card. I like how eveything is put together as a whole in the pic now that I can see the details in a larger version. They look adorable almost squished together, good job!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 3:40 am

Jimmy, I wish I had pictures of Sasha... we got her in 1972. No digital cameras then. I think I have one faded, blurry one with my first husband. And small. I don't know how well it will scan.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 am

Jimmy, I have to admit, I almost love the black and white more than the color, haha. You know how much I love black and whites, and that is the best black and white pic ever!!!!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 6:41 pm

@Amanda...Thank you!!! Smile I LOVE it as a b&w but Christmas needs color so for cards I left it as color.
@Amy...well thats a bummer Sad One day I'll post pics of all my huskies Ive had, and my Malamute, they were all awesome dogs.

@Renee...Thank you!!! Smile I love it too, details are more noticeable...in the color one I feel like I just had too much going on

and now, for todays pic of the day, lol, Mishka's artistry ...she seems to thiink I hid the passage way to China under the boulders...so she is tunneling her way under them Wink
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 00114
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Haha, Jimmy, love it...pic of the day, brought to you by Mishka and Kohdi, lol. I will have to take a pic of this hole Miya and Sofie have been working on, kinda weird for placement, one is on the ground the other is about a foot away along the play mountain we have. Just weird on why they would dig so close together. And yes this is a shared excavation. lol
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Hahaha Renee, I think we need a "pic of the day" thread in here, it'd be cool!

The holes in the new grass are all Mishka. THIS time Kohdi is innocent.

And yes, we need more Miya and Sofie pics, you've been kinda stingy with them Razz
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Ummm, haven't taken a lot of real good ones, even though I average 50 pics a day, hahahahaha. I'll post some up tonight, kinda running late today, have to get food for the monsters. Smile Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Mishhy has found the secret tunnel to china! Queen is clearly claiming the new grass bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next