It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Dave, when Mylo starts to blow his coat You will know it!! There's definitely a difference between normal shedding and blowing!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Mylo's coat is very much like Kohdi and Mishka's, Mishka has yet to blow and Kohdi did like a partial blow for the first time just this year. I'm thinking these coats like to stay on the dog, lol
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Dave - I guarantee you will KNOW when Mylo is blowing his coat lol! There will be no question whatsoever...this summer, on the Mt. Washington trip, Ami was half way through his coat blow...I reached over and pulled a tufting wad and Meredith's Texas friend looked in mock horror and exclaimed: "She's picking cotton!!!" affraid

Best description I have ever heard - she nailed it. That expression goes in the lexicon right along with "reading the pee-mail" lol!
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:31 pm

Mylo is too cute when ever I see pictures I just wanted to hug him he looks so cuddly! Smile
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:24 pm

I just saw the pics and that vid he looks great! I love how he sings with you lol
ok so me you and Jimmy have to start a husky band lolol
very cute!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:06 am

Thanks guys!!
And alrighty then…I'll be awaiting the day I'll see Mylo picking cotton lol @amymeme haha

@GravityM
Yess I support the husky band! simply called The Furry Sibes haha
I love to howl with him
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:11 pm

davecerv wrote:
Thanks guys!!

@GravityM
Yess I support the husky band! simply called The Furry Sibes haha
I love to howl with him

Hahaha, Dave and Mylo are the lead singers, Kohdi and Miya are back up singers, was thinkin Mishka on the drums but she's really good at shaking things, so she can do bells or tamberines (?) but we need a job for Memphis, he's German and Germans are really good at barking orders (my mom is German ;p) so there we have it!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:54 pm

LOL perfect! Wink
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 7:41 pm

You can tell Mylo is such a sweet boy. He definitely has one of the softest looking coats I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Oh, Mylo!!!! He couldn't be any more adorable! I love how he kept his goggles. Great pictures Dave!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 2:52 pm

lol, very cute singing Mylo. beautiful pictures he is so fluffy, like a teddy bear.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Felt like posting a new video of us howling so here it is! With a few pics Smile
Also today marks 1 year since we officially got Mylo back after a week of not having him cause we had returned him (most already know the story here). So this is also a post celebrating that in a way I suppose hehe. Took him to the vet today to get him weighed for this months heartworm pill and he is still 37lbs. He's been looming around 36-38 for the past three months..I'm like come on just hit 40lbs already haha..I guess that's it for him or almost?

Caught the little booger with a stick! First time Smile
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 Image10

I got this 30ft long leash with a soft handle, it's excellent to play ball with and keep up with him when he goes in zoomie mode at the park lol plus he gets to explore more on his own too also it's great for when I don't feel like running so much so I just kick around the ball and he tires himself out haha
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 Image11

He stayed frozen in this position for like two minutes Idk what got in to him haha
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 Image12

Mylo taking a snooze next to his mommaa (she was eating beans and he wanted some but then he started getting sleepy)
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 Image13

Mylo in his new spot he's been going to in the living room, he's been having this new habit of getting his orange squid toy to sleep, I guess like a sleep time buddy. It's cute
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 Image14
Aaand finally here's us howling in the car this morning!

Last edited by davecerv on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 7:57 pm

I love The howling video! He looks so happy with the stick it looks like a pretty heavy one!!! I think I will get one of those longer leashes so Cora can hang out with my dad in the front yard. Very Happy Very Happy As always Mylo is super cute! Maybe he will hit 40 pounds I mean most people say they keep gaining weight until two years so! I love you
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:37 pm

A www, Mylo!!!! He looks so cute with his stick...and sleeping next to your gf. Love the leash, haha, and your reasoning for it, lol. Kohdi will sometimes do that with a toy too, he uses it as a pillow though, lol, Mylo looks adorable there.

Can't see the vid, I'll have to watch it later, for some reason it didn't load on my iPad. Sometimes does that when I'm outside, dunno why though.

Great pics Dave, and congrats on the year! Smile the hard part is over, well...kinda, I lie, you still have a couple more years Razz I'm kidding!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:58 pm

CoraTheHusky wrote:
I love The howling video! He looks so happy with the stick it looks like a pretty heavy one!!! I think I will get one of those longer leashes so Cora can hang out with my dad in the front yard. Very Happy Very Happy  As always Mylo is super cute! Maybe he will hit 40 pounds I mean most people say they keep gaining weight until two years so! I love you

Yeah we were at the park playing with the ball and hen he spotted that stick, he grabbed it then he lost interest in the ball and then I just threw that stick a couple times lol And yeah a really long leash gives me some more time to catch up with him when playing, it's excellent. Like I said I have the 30ft one but there's also a 50ft one..the brand is "Leash Boss" you can find it on Amazon. And yeah every month I like to take Mylo to get weighed to see how much he has gained. I think when he's 2 I'll start buying the pills by the box.
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Oh my gosh. His expression in that third picture is so funny! He's so adorable Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
A www, Mylo!!!! He looks so cute with his stick...and sleeping next to your gf. Love the leash, haha, and your reasoning for it, lol. Kohdi will sometimes do that with a toy too, he uses it as a pillow though, lol, Mylo looks adorable there.

Can't see the vid, I'll have to watch it later, for some reason it didn't load on my iPad. Sometimes does that when I'm outside, dunno why though.

Great pics Dave, and congrats on the year! Smile the hard part is over, well...kinda, I lie, you still have a couple more years Razz I'm kidding!

Yeah when I saw him with the stick I immediately thought about Queen Mishyy lol and yeah I've been wanting to get a really long leash for park fun and I finally got to it cause it was on sale. And Awwww Kohdi does that too haha

Funny you say that about the video on ipad, I can't ever see videos on my ipad that are posted on the forum I don't know why. On my phone I can though.

And yeah me and my gf were going in flashbacks about this time last year and how we miraculously got him back Smile and what do you mean the hard part haha
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Rumflower wrote:
Oh my gosh. His expression in that third picture is so funny! He's so adorable Very Happy

Yeah I remember I kept trying to pull him to keep going and nope he insisted in standing there...I guess he was like "look father I like how the wind is moving here" or something lol
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:38 pm

lol, love the stick pictures, it looks so huge. very cute sleeping next to your girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:14 am

davecerv wrote:

Artic_Wind wrote:

Yeah when I saw him with the stick I immediately thought about Queen Mishyy lol and yeah I've been wanting to get a really long leash for park fun and I finally got to it cause it was on sale. And Awwww Kohdi does that too haha

Funny you say that about the video on ipad, I can't ever see videos on my ipad that are posted on the forum I don't know why. On my phone I can though.

And yeah me and my gf were going in flashbacks about this time last year and how we miraculously got him back Smile and what do you mean the hard part haha

Huh, that's weird with the iPad. Normally i can watch them ok, but my own, i can't...they don't stream correctly...they pause but the sound keeps going, or completely stall altogether. And with me its the same as you with the phone, videos are no problem.

By "hard part" I just meant that first year...the training, the worry, etc. I was kidding though. Those things kinda never end. They get better but no, they almost never end.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 3:01 am

Dave, Love the pics. Unable to watch video right now, everyone is asleep, haha. Mylo looks so happy and comfy sleeping on you GF. And congrats on the one year, like Jimmy said, the hard part is over, and yea, you never stop worrying, but the dreaded puppy and teenage phase should be behind y'all and the real fun begins!! Oh and the stick pic, haha, cute.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 am

Hahaha I love that howling vid Smile I bet so many ppl stare at you guys lol
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:14 am

@Artic_Wind
Yeah I got what you said about hard part, I just wanted to keep the convo going haha
Mylo still has puppy in him bounce

@MiyasMomma
Yeah Mylo loves to act it up when she is eating on the bed by being all nice and cuddly and then just ends up getting sleepy and gives up lol

@GravityM
And yeah most of the time during the day I keep the windows down for Mylo and we howl but I don't know who's looking or not we just go for it haha
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 12:58 pm

Love the pictures, Jimmy - especially cuddling, asleep, with your girlfriend.

The video - made me both smile and want to cry...my first girl Sasha used to talk like that with me - Ami, not so much. I miss that.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 1:20 pm

amymeme wrote:
Love the pictures, Jimmy - especially cuddling, asleep, with your girlfriend.

The video - made me both smile and want to cry...my first girl Sasha used to talk like that with me - Ami, not so much.  I miss that.

Awww I'm sorry Amy…
I remember when we first got Mylo I couldn't wait to see if he was gonna be a howler and sure enough look at us now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next