|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Green Discharge from eyes
Join date : 2015-09-21
|Subject: Green Discharge from eyes Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:49 pm|| |
Hello, for the past two weeks my two year old male husky has had some green discharge from his eyes. It started in one eye and the eye was itchy and runny, and then cleaned up. A week later his other eye has started to run as well. It was just in the morning and now its throughout the day in both eyes. Around this time last year he coughed and sneezed a lot, I was wondering is it most likely allergies or something I should be concerned about? It doesn't seem to be bothering him, we just went on a camping/ training trip and he was perfect.
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : Terlingua, Texas
|Subject: Re: Green Discharge from eyes Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:01 pm|| |
If you think it might be allergies, try a Benadryl (one adult strength, *NO* additives) check the web if you doubt my suggestion. Actually Benadryl is good for a lot of things doggish:
- reduces the swelling of insect / snake bites
- calms them down, after neutering, for example
- is an anti-hystamine so it works for allergies.
if one works for him, then skim the web for better directions, but it's pretty straightforward.
“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”
Join date : 2014-07-23
Location : San Diego, California
|Subject: Re: Green Discharge from eyes Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:06 pm|| |
Do you have any Sycamore trees around your house? Those trees are notorious here for allergy issues and if your husky plays around in its leaves at all, might explain the coughing and sneezing, runny eyes.
|Subject: Re: Green Discharge from eyes || |
Green Discharge from eyes
|» Murphy law|
by Lostmaniac Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:53 am
» The Desert Pack
by Lostmaniac Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:33 am
» Clostriduim and helicobacter
by amymeme Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:09 am
» Recall Information
by aljones Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:26 pm
» Lachlan sings on international dog day!
by TwisterII Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:58 pm
» Spider being spider
by TwisterII Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:35 am
» Is it safe to remove undercoat
by amymeme Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:36 pm
» Is our pup Kavik (14 wk) going to be wooly?
by amymeme Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:56 pm
» Need some tips...male husky is too thin.
by dinf22 Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:03 pm
» What do you use while walking your husky?
by amymeme Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:05 pm
» Please help...
by kinu Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:24 am
» The Husky Bunch - A Video Diary
by TwisterII Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:56 am
» RIP Finley
by Bigmoneyyoshi Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:18 am
» Need suggestions
by Lostmaniac Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:52 pm
» Lobo's just not in the mood.
by aljones Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:42 pm
» Chronic diarrhea - vet is shrugging
by PolarPup21 Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:33 am
» Need help to Navigate
by aljones Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:28 pm
» Aargh...Ami! Nooooooo ...
by TwisterII Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:55 am
» Fur coat restore
by aljones Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:45 am
» Not As Eager To Eat In The Morning
by tsfrance Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:46 pm