It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:33 am

No way! I love the bows! I also love all the stuffed animal huskies in the background. I was telling the husband about that as an idea for the future and he just looked at me like I had 20 heads growing out of my neck. And then killed my spirit when he pointed out yet again that there are hardly any red husky paraphernalia out there. What a downer. Sad

If you try those independent pet stores, you may be able to find more specialized doggy costumes. That's where I got her antlers and bell collar thing (it's a bit big but I used a binder clip to temporarily make it smaller. It'll grow with her for the following years). Or check out www.Etsy.com

The app IS really nice when you get used to it thoooooough! Just get a stylus pen and you'll be all set! OR use your pinky...Lololol I just had it crash here when I tried posting too large of a quantity of pics to the forum so I'll have to try again tomorrow. Too tired try again right now.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:42 am

Thank you so much Amanda. The stuffed animal thing has more to do with the "child" in us that Christmastime brings out, the sled was mine as a kid back in Germany that I saved, the bows were just too match somewhat the bows on the stuffed huskies so my two are the stuffies that came to life (yeah, I'm kinda crazy like that, LOLOL) it's Christmasy though! Hahaha

You are right with the red husky thing, however...you could just tell hubby it'd just make your red stand out all that much more Wink

I'm afraid I actually will download the app, but AFTER Christmas, things are wayyyyy to busy right now for me to get hooked on this app, lol. Thanks so much for the advice too. Ok, I'll stop posting now, I'm taking up too much space on ur scrapbook! Sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:51 am

No worries Jimmy! Thanks for sharing the history behind the sled and stuffed huskies. I like hearing sentimental stories like that. I still have my unicorn piggy bank from my childhood which I had broken the horn off and glued back on with nail polish. My parents had bought that for me at too young of an age to appreciate something fragile. Lol I guess at that age, anything sticky works as glue!

Have a good night! Off to bed.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:38 am

That 2nd blue pic is my favorite, it came out great Amanda!
And on that 3rd one "...to eat and play all day" well ain't that the truth lol

@Artic_Wind
Oh wow nice to know that sled has some deep history!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Aww love all the holiday photos! Especially the second one, I love the jingle bells & antler ears Smile
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Wouldn't it be the funniest thing if we could do a group pic of our huskies wearing ugly Christmas sweaters? I'd have too much fun.

Here are some shots from this weekend. We took a nice walk in my neighbor's fields and took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151219

Looook into my (demonic) eyesss as I shoot laser beams at you....this stump now belongs to meeee.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151220
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151221
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151222
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Red's red rocket.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151224

Fly me to the moon!
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151225
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Oh that tongue!
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151226

Kodak moment...got a good laugh when I reviewed these pics later that night. Maybe her tongue was a reaction to a possible rocket flying in the background?
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151227

Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151228

Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151229
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Haha, great pics Amanda!! The third to last had me lol.... she is so pretty, love her long legs.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Cool rocket Red lol i like the last pic
Lol ugly christmas sweaters could be a hotm lol
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:23 pm

What great pictures, Amanda. I love her rich, dark red color and her mask. How do you keep her white parts so snowy white? My guys are forever digging in the dirt or lying in it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Really pretty pictures Smile I love your neighbors property! It's beautiful!!! And Red, of course, is just pretty as can be in the midst of it all. I love the way her tongue hangs out, lol.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Renee - that's my fav pic too! For once I got a funny pic without trying to get one on purpose. I ONLY had to snap about 20 pics in a row on my cell, lol

Jane - I like that idea! If any of you are winners next Nov and still remember this idea, I think it'd be a great one *wink wink*

Amy - I don't really do anything extra to keep her white parts white. I just wipe her down with baby wipes after I bring her in from the dog park or if she's been digging. I think that's just her natural color where Ami's might be more of a golden or light tan color? Boy, we were real original when we named her Red....lol right?

Jimmy - yeah our neighbors have prime roaming land. The previous owners were farmers so there's a lot of open space and they are only 2 houses down from us. Red is all tongue and no grace, hehhe just how I like her to be.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 9:52 am

Wonderful pics of Reddy Red! and very nice land to walk/run on wow afro
Thats lazy tongue syndrome right there…she has to be unaware of it happening lol
Love the rocket pic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 12:02 pm

redlattinville wrote:

I think that's just her natural color where Ami's might be more of a golden or light tan color? Boy, we were real original when we named her Red....lol right?

Yup, Ami's undercoat is a very pale cream but his face and legs are white. You could call her "Lucy" - I believe "Red" is what Ricky Ricardo called Lucille Ball when they were married (do NOT know where that information came from - just popped into my head when I read your post - my brain stores all sorts of useless miscellaneous information Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Dave - hah it's funny you called her Reddy Red. My 9 yr old nephew received an egg on a chicken farm a couple yrs back and he named it Reddy. He was devastated when it didn't hatch so my sister convinced him the egg went to chicken heaven. So when we told him the name of our new puppy, he thought we had named her after his egg. Not the case but I haven't the heart to tell him otherwise. Red also loooooves to lick bare feet so her tongue syndrome doesn't just stop at hanging out Smile

Amy - Ami's color is very lovely nonetheless. I honestly cannot say I've seen any cream colored huskies in person. BTW, I LOVE the I Love Lucy show! Used to stay up late watching it on Nick at Night but never knew about Ricky's nickname for Lucy. Hehe Red is named after someone famous after all!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm old enough that I remember watching Lucy from almost the beginning, I think...in black and white on monster-sized tv's that were a bit snowy! Always has been a favorite with me. We even have an expression in our house for when things go wrong and snowball out of hand: "I did a Lucy, today" As in, before we replaced our sand filter (like a leach field) and our old top load washer drained into the laundry sink...slooooowwwly. I would listen for the drain cycle to begin and go monitor the flow, if the sink filled up to fast, then I would stop the washer to give it time to drain - but one day, I was folding laundry and watching tv - missed the first drain cycle until I heard water plopping on the floor. Cleaned it up, started the washer again, went back to folding and tv, vowing to listen more carefully for the rinse cycle to finish...missed it again, repeat for the 2nd rinse...you got it, missed it AGAIN.

Flat learning curve here. That was the beginning of "honey, I did a Lucy today"

Thankfully, we replaced the sand filter, I now have front-load washer which uses only 1/3 of the water and all is well on the laundry drain front lol!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Haha yah I did a Lucy not too long ago. I never owned a dishwasher and the house we recently bought came with one. I had accidentally spilled some dish detergent onto something so rather than rinse it off and waste it, I just placed it into the dishwasher. Well I guess it was too sudsy for the dishwahser cause we soon started to have suds seep out of the dishwasher allllll over the place! Didn't Lucy have an episode like this?
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Remember the hearts on the care bear's butt? Learning to crochet on this rainy day.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151230
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:28 pm

That's the same look I get anytime anything goes near Kenzi's butt. "What are you doing? Why are you doing it? Stop it."

Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Also "Grrrr....why won't you let me eat it?!"
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Cute, Amanda, are you making them as ornaments? I really like them. And, um, yea, get the same look from Miya, haha.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Awwww, how cute! She's thinkin she has the prettiest butt in the whole wide world now Wink
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 4:32 am

A pretty smelly butt that is! Hahha

That was a test heart with some scrap yarn. I'm planning on making a heart garland to put up around the house for the month of Feb. Just went out and got a bunch of yarn today (err....yesterday since its just past 2am now) now that I'm confident that I can actually do a simple crochet pattern. I'll post on the crafts section if it doesn't turn out demented. Here is Red modeling the heart again (poor pup!)
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151235
Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151236

Where's the dog?Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 20151237
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Love the last pic.

The heart is very pretty! You gotta make her a little heart necklace type of thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next