It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:34 am

I'm so glad that Miya is excelling with her new best friend/sister! I love seeing families with two or more dogs I think dogs like the company of another dog! This pictures are so cute I like the wait up best! Beautiful pup Renee!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:54 am

@Zoe....Miya is doing real well, she plays very gently, knowing where her paws are so as not to step on Sofie. She is very tolerant of Sofie, which says a lot, puppies are so mouthy and so high strung. We have developed a system for walks so that Miya gets her independent spirit happy, in that Sofie stays with us, or daddy carries Sofie, otherwise Sofie tries her hardest to keep up with Miya. I have a ton of them walking side by side, I just didn't put them up on the count of just seeing butts, lol.

@Jimmy....Miya's coat does seem darker with the tan and brown coming out, she hasn't done any type of shedding this fall, so I don't know if it's an age thing or a winter thing. And Thank you, she does have a beautiful coat. Sofie is a unique looking gsd, everyone who has met her says "Is that a gsd?" She is way different than any I have seen. Just like Miya, Sofie is quite different than her siblings in coat color, pattern, and length. Although I don't want to wish her puppy hood to be done fast, I want to see what she will look like when she is done growing. I laugh so hard all day, they are too cute, and the noises that they make is just too funny.
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Renee, I can't get enough of Sophie! She's so gorgeous and I'm so incredibly happy for you! MORE SOPHIE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Tyler Thank You!! Funny thing with the girls, they can be playing so crazy like and then Sofie wants a drink, Miya lets her go get a drink and then the crazies resumes, it's so much fun to watch. If Sofie goes to Miya's water dish she sniffs Miya's food bowl, shakes her head as if to say no I can't have Miya's food gets a drink and play resumes. So they are pretty respectful of each other.

Well here is a pic that will make Jimmy laugh, and some others, I was scared to death the first time I seen Miya grab Sofie's scruff and drag her to a better place, now I just let it happen, since Sofie is not bothered by this, and Miya I guess is gentle at pulling her around....
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0517
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:03 pm

That is a great pic Renee! I know how worried you were about it when Miya did it, but it's good you let it be. Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:50 pm

It was tough Jimmy, I seriously thought she would hurt her, haha, now I know better. I guess a lot of my fear was due in part with the huskies notorious prey drive. Sofie being the drama queen that she is, squeals when Miya does this, and instinctively Miya eases up on first squeal and lets go on second, lol. Thanks for giving me the reassurance!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:44 am

Ohmihosh! Im just seeing these idk why my phone didnt tell me lol. I love the outside pics of them and Sophie with a nose full of dirt is so cute, my yard is full of holes i think Memphis digs more than Miya!
Also I noticed that Sophie doesnt have floppy ears which is great they're already up Smile Im loving her coat colors and i can see they're already changing. I love the pic of Miya on the dirt lol. Great pics
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:53 am

Thanks Jane!! I am guessing in the almost three weeks here, she has gained a good 10 pounds, and her coat is coming in nice and unique. Her tail is strange though, kinda rat like, lol, or raccoon, since she has a black stripe and a black tip.Sofie's ears were up at around 5-6 weeks. Breeder did say they may flop when teething, but since I think she is teething, maybe I am feeding her right, haha. Miya and Sofie are becoming good buddies. Everyday it gets better.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:00 am

You welcome! I know exactly what you mean about the tail Memphis went through the same thing it just looked odd lol if you look in the scrapbook i made for him awhile back you'll see his puppy pics with the "rat tail" lol you must be feeding her well Wink glad they are good buddies, they're lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:10 am

Thanks Jane. I have been feeding her 1/2 cup kibble 3 times a day, and then one meal, evening one, is raw. Knock on wood 6 days in a row no accidents in house, and she slept 11:30 to 7:30 last night, straight through, no going out.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:19 am

Doing great keep it up! She sounds like a great puppy already lol how lucky! Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:24 am

Thanks again Jane, that means a lot, I appreciate it, in some ways, most people here know what to expect with dog number 2, since most have 2 huskies, so I appreciate your comments, in that I mirror you with the dogs. If that made sense, haha.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:39 am

Haha that's so cute! I'm sure Cora will do things that freak me out with my second dog as well! It's great Miya has adjusted so well to the new puppy. SinceCora is part GDS I can also say that she has a "rat tail" up until about 4 months old
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Zoe, It's taking a little longer than I expected for the two of them. They play real well together, but they really do not nap together, like a lot of people here with 2 huskies. So I am not sure if it's Sofie or Miya that doesn't want to snuggle with each other, Miya is very affectionate with us, and yes I have a 65 pound lap dog, haha. It is also strange Miya's tail wasn't poofy like it is now, but it definitely wasn't rat like either. Just glad to know nothing is wrong with her tail. In fact Sofie has just discovered her tail, haha, she's like a kitten, keeps going in circles chasing her tail.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Sofie is now 13 weeks old. Miya and Sofie play well together. I have to say Sofie is as talkative as Miya, never quiet in the house, haha. Sofie is an eating machine, where as Miya is a playing machine. Miya loves tugs and will bring her tuggy toy for me to play with her. I have started telling Miya to take tuggy to Sofie, which she does, and them playing tugs is so cute.
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0520

We went to our favorite place, down our dirt road. The leaves are falling and even some have changed in color. So our fall leaves are changing now, we've had a pretty mild fall. Sofie wants to keep up with Miya and from time to time we let her. Other times hubby carries her. So it was a lovely overcast afternoon, nice breeze and around 70 degrees.

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0521

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0610

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0611

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0612

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0613

This donkey is not friendly, although the pic seems to suggest this
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0614

Almost home
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Girls_10
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 1:08 pm

The third and fourth pics are precious! Look at them walking together, friends for life Cool
I love seeing updates of your dynamic duo Renee bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 1:12 pm

Thanks Dave!! I thought I should change the name of the scrapbook, I thought it was fitting for these two, haha. They are buddies for sure. Sofie is now tall enough to hug Miya while Miya is standing, as of yet haven't been able to capture that moment.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 1:45 pm

beautiful pictures, i really like the ones where they are walking together. very cute tug picture.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Aww glad they play tug together just wait until she can hold her own against Miya! Looks like a great walk, I love how she is glued to Miyas side Smile cute pics
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:38 pm

@Ronin....Thanks, Sofie's little legs can't always keep up, but she tries, haha.

@Jane....Thank you, tugs is Miya's favorite game, besides fetch, she is so gentle with Sofie, in any type of game, yet can give me bruises, I haven't figured out how Miya just knows to be careful, where she places her feet and how hard she bites. It truly amazes me. She also will let Sofie win once in a while, haha.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:19 pm

Wow she is already getting so big! She and Miya look very happy together! These are great photos love the one of them running by together!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:36 am

Sofie is growing so fast Renee!!!! They look like the best of buds Wink really pretty pics Renee
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:54 am

@Zoe....She loves her food, haha. I can not believe her enthusiasm for food, Miya was never, ever, interested in food. She is somewhat more now, because she doesn't want Sofie to steal it, lol.

@Jimmy....They are getting there. Funny, the thing some here complain about....their husky doesn't like to snuggle.....quite opposite in this family. Miya loves to snuggle, Sofie does not. Oh well, maybe someday. It was a lovely day yesterday. The pic of Miya in the red leaved place, it's really the only place that has the changing of the seasons, I love that little spot.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:08 am

Sofie went to the vet this past Friday, she has doubled her weight since coming home, she now weighs just over 22 pounds. She has the biggest appetite ever, and this has made Miya eat on a daily basis too. Sofie and Miya are best buds. Sofie, I believe was a husky in a previous life, since she is stubborn, fiercely independent, digs the best holes, loves her sticks and talks all day long. Her new nickname is Grumpy Gus, because she whines when she sleeps, eats, and cleans herself, haha. The girls day consists of play, eat, sleep, play eat, sleep, etc. lol Enjoy the pics.......

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0610

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0710

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0711

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0712

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0713

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0714

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0810

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0811

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0812

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0813

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Sam_0814
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:13 am

All these pics are just way too cute! I love the stalking then attacking pics lol shes growing so fast!! They look so happy Renee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next