It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:17 pm

These are great shots! The day is almost here its so exciting I know you will love having a second dog!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:30 pm

she is so cute like picture 3, love the tounge.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:39 pm

@Casey.....Thank you, I have been saying Sofie to Miya all week, every so often she gives me the derp look and head cocked, as if to say Sofie, who is Sofie, lol. I am thrilled.....

@Zoe......Thanks!! She is a cutie, of course I am partial, haha, but she really is a great looking dog, most of her siblings are much darker, we really wanted a lighter one. I think her feisty-ness will be a good thing for Miya. Can't wait to puppy train again.

@Ronin.....That's my favorite pic too!! Thank you!! I love her alertness, although the one floppy ear is beyond cute, although it better pop back up soon, lol.....
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:02 pm

So exciting, Renee...she's a real cutie, alright!
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:16 pm

She looks like such a happy creature! You are very lucky to be getting such a pretty little girl!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:27 pm

@Amy....Thank you, she is a darling. I loved the fact that hubby got down on his hands and knees and played with her, while I was asking the breeder questions. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but breeder said she had a moderate to high drive, which I think will suit us and especially Miya, quite well.

@Danielle.....Thank you!! Healthy and Happy were our main concerns and she is both!! The looks of her is deceiving....she weighed in at 11 pounds at her 8 week vet check, lol.....she should be a good sized dog.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 pm

She is so cute and i love the name, Sofie will be a great addition to your family!

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:48 pm

@Jen....Thank you so very much!! I love the sounds of Miya and Sofie!!

I am starting to get the butterflies in my stomach, my only concerns....potty training, Miya was a breeze, and different housing situation. Crate training, we never crate trained Miya, but I feel strongly to crate train, for obvious reasons, but also to give Miya and me some alone time. Lastly, how Miya is going to react to her new sister, I have never seen her be aggressive to any dog, but has not had a lot of socialization with small dogs. I know these are the common second pup anxieties, most everyone has, I just didn't think I would have them, haha.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Oh wow, Sofie looks like a little adult already! That is amazing! She's adorable! LOVE the name Razz

I can't believe how fast this day has come up, maybe not for you, hahaha, but it's like I was thinking last time that it's like a month away and now, that day is upon us, wow!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Renee, I was having fits when the little mini Doberman across the street was coming over here...I was sure that my 2 rough housing monsters would seriously injure her... she is no bigger than my ski boot and fine boned.  Wayne kept saying let them play.  Finally after nearly breaking my neck trying to keep them separated, I gave up... if the neighbors weren't worried, than why should I Mad

Much to my surprise, both Ami and Archer modified their play habits to accommodate the little dog.  And despite Ami's formidable prey drive, even when Archer came to visit the first time, he was as gentle as a lamb... even when Archer was Archer was chewing him to pieces.

I suspect Miya will pleasantly surprise you.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Amy is right Renee. As far as how Miya reacts to the little one, you, in my opinion, have absolutely nothing to worry about. I will pm you a pic later of Anuschka when I brought Malukhai home for the first time, it's how every single one of my huskies has looked when a new pup entered their house. I have no doubt Miya will have that same look Wink
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:03 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
On a side note.....I have finally got the husband on board as to why people should buy from a reputable breeder. Although Miya is perfect, and she is a dream husky, she has many issues when it comes to eating. I will not know how to deal with a dog that truly loves to eat. So this will be a new challenge, a dog who may want to eat me out of house and home, haha.

Just saw this thread. Congrats on looking for Number 2! We've been looking for about a year now and thought we'd found the perfect opportunity recently, but after lots of discussion we realized it'll be best to wait another couple years before really getting serious again. Looking after a new puppy and seven-month-old baby at the same time would most likely drive me absolutely bonkers. Twisted Evil

Anyway, about the eating: Layla comes from a reputable breeder, and while the first year or so of her life she was a great eater, around when she turned one and ever since she's become very picky. So, just keep in mind that even if your new pup does come from a reputable breeder, you could still get the same issues with food. Huskies tend to be picky eaters anyway, so if your new pup becomes like this as they grow, there may not be anything necessarily wrong with them. Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm

@Jimmy....haha, what a huge difference from day one to 9 weeks old. It is a dramatic transformation. Also thank you for the encouraging words.

@Amy....Also thank you for the encouraging words. I have dreams at night of walking the dirt road with my girls side by side both happy as can be. So I am brushing off the nervousness and am just thrilled for this day to happen.

@Liz....thank you!! I am so excited, I have had puppy fever for so long, I understand where you're coming from. Being responsible, to pet and kids is so important, I have no idea how you resisted unless you had baby T with you, then the realization must of hit you. Yes, I give you mad props for being able to take care of a young human baby and a still young husky let alone husband and the rest of life. As for the food thing, yes there is a chance she will be a picky eater too, I hope not for my sanity's sake, I may be bald in another year and a half if I end up with 2 picky eaters, lol.
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:17 am

She's gorgeous Renee! I'm so so so excited for you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:05 pm

@Tyler.....Thank you. We think she is stunning too, may be a little partial, haha. Similar to huskies, their coat will change some as they mature, maybe not as dramatically, but it does, so I can not wait to see how she turns out.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 1:45 am

So exciting Renee! Smile I bet her colouring turns out to be close to moms
Memphis sure surpised me with the colors that popped up and some that faded and turned black cant wait to see her grow up Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 12:38 pm

@Jane......Thank You. I got a couple more days, so very excited. Miya has no idea why I wont let her eat any of the treats I bought, haha. I keep telling her she has to wait for Sofie. Yes I can not wait to see how she turns out. I am guessing close to her momma, but who knows. Seeing pics of Memphis and Miya, has given me a lot of inspiration, so I hope my two have as much fun as your two.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 9:14 am

Today is the day!!!! I'm excited for you!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:34 am

Well, Renee - this is the day!! You know we're all waiting anxiously to see some more pictures of Sofie and Miya in action!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:58 am

@Zoe....I am so excited!! I wonder if me saying Sofie all week helped Miya, we shall see.

@Al....I can not wait to get pics of Miya and Sofie and I will happily share with y'all. I can't wait to see her, since I am sure she has changed some since last week.
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:34 pm

RENEE! WOOOOO! I am so excited!!!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:29 pm

@Tyler.....It is thrilling and I'm a bit nervous, in remembering all the puppy stuff, haha, like potty breaks. I'm sure it will come back to me pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Yay Renee!!! The big day is here!!! Smile

I know all TOO well what this day will be like for you. Just take a deep breath and relax. Everything will be ok, and lil Sofie will fit right in and be your other perfect little girl. Give Miya an extra big hug and drive safe! Congratulations Renee!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:16 pm

@Jimmy....Thank you so much. I brought the crate in and Miya sniffed it and went about her day. I am so glad that she accepts new things easily. So I imagine she will love Sofie quickly. Breeder said he was taking her to another city today, 100 mile trip one way, so she should be good and tired when I go to get her later this afternoon. Also told him to call her Sofie, haha, since her name with him has been Ceska.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:26 am

So this will be quick, haha. I should be sleeping during this peaceful, quiet time.

So Miya came with us to get Sofie. They both slept all the way home, 1.5 hours of sleep. Sofie is pretty good at going out for potty, and is good on leash. Only 2 accidents in house, which is good. BUT SHE IS A TALKER!! lol, She talks when she eats, talks when she sleeps, and is not well trained for the crate, currently working on it. Right now Miya is sleeping next to the crate and after 15 minutes of fussing Sofie is sleeping in her crate. She did wake up every 2 hours, which I expected.Even though breeder said she only wakes twice in the night. As i expected Miya is possessive of food and toys, however, she responds to us and is slowly getting (or quickly really) used to Sofie being here. Miya did allow her to steal an ear, so I think that was quick progress, for a dog who has had the run of the place for 3 years. More updates to follow...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next