It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 11:45 am

I love these two girls! My favorites are #13 and #14 it's so cute seeig them sitting together after all the fighting/playing they just chill together Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:07 pm

Ah, Thank You Dave!! It is all husky play for sure, I seriously believe Sofie was a husky in a previous life, since all her shenanigans are husky like, haha. Miya and Sofie have similar personalities, which I find helpful. Sofie picks up a lot of Miya's "habits". Both are natural protectors, and for me that is a plus, out here in the country, that's why I got the pic of them sitting together. Miya heard something, and Sofie thought it best to stop playing and see what Miya was looking at. Sofie has actually "scared" me at night taking her out to potty, because she at times will refuse to potty, and bark and growl at????? When she does this she does not sound like a puppy. I have to admit though, I use a flash light, and I am beginning to think she is growling at her shadow, hahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 1:56 pm

beautiful pictures of them playing. love the 13th and 14th pictures where they are sitting together watching the world go by and where they are looking in two different directions with a very cute Sofie looking at the Carma.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Thank you Ronin. My husband loves that pic too, and has it on the computer for our wall paper background. They make a cute team.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:06 pm

Renee, something i noticed in the next to last pic...the hole they dug is in the shape of a bone, LOLOL
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 7:32 pm

They are so cute together I love the one of them watching the world go by! She is growing up! Very cute!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:43 am

@Jimmy.....lmao, I noticed that too, haha. I think it's because Miya starts it and then walks off, Sofie goes for the digging in a different direction, I tell Miya..Sofie is digging your hole, and then Miya kicks Sofie out, hence bone shape.

@Zoe....She is growing up Sad It's starting to become a challenge to pick her up. She is so long, not so much heavy. I love how her coloring is turning out too. Her silver at her shoulders is exactly like Miya's, so they are similar, yet very different in colors and markings, very cool to me. Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:52 am

LOL Renee, youre an instigator! Wink
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 am

I am Jimmy, haha, it is just too funny tho. I have 2 balls that are the same, Miya's baby ball and Sofie's squeaker ball. Sofie loves to squeak the balls, She has 3 different kinds, and pick one up squeak, then the next and so on. well every so often she picks up baby ball, and no squeak, Miya killed it a long time ago, and yep, "Miya Sofie has baby ball", roflmao.......It is precious, Miya doesn't get angry, but just nonchalantly walks up to Sofie and gently takes it from her, and then brings it to me. Haha, I am an instigator, but it is so much fun. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 9:08 am

Renee, Sofie is getting so big. Such a sweet girl, her and Miya look great together!
I love the picture of them "watching the world go by", they're both sitting so perfectly! Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:00 am

Thank you Haley!! I never would have thought a pic of 2 dogs backs would look so good. Sofie is as much my shadow as she is Miya's, she loves to mimic and do what Miya is doing.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:24 am

Before jimmy says i haven't updated recently, lol. here are the last week or so pics. Sofie will be 5 months old on Monday, wow time flies, she's growing up so fast Sad

So Sofie found this big branch and Miya thought she should share
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1120

They kept taking it from eachother

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1122

Then many twigs fell off and the tug of war was on

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1123

Then we worked on play bows

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1210
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1211

Then a little digging

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1212

Sofie still happy with the stick
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1213

Then Sofie's "first" Miya roll, lol, not really, Miya just made it look good for Sofie

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1214

Sofie really believes that Miya is a horse

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1215

Follow the leader

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1216

Cool pic
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1217

Running
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1218

Just Chillin'
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1219

Good times
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1310

The last one I am hoping to duplicate every few weeks, so I can see Sofie's growth and Miya is a good "object" to see against,lol. Miya is wagging her tail, because daddy just got home, I put them in a sit and stay until he is in the yard.
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1311

sorry so many pics, i actually didn't post all the good ones, but I knew I had already posted too many, lol. Sofie is doing great. she knows a ton of commands, even some hand commands,  but I am baffled, I have worked with her quite a bit, and she doesn't understand lay down, I'm puzzled, Miya picked up on that real fast, and Sofie, not so much. Not the end of the world she will get it. Anyways, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:56 am

I find that I use hand commands far more than verbal commands. It keeps them in the groove of looking at me a lot.

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:43 am

Mishka hates down. His least favorite.

Sophie has GROWN so much! Oh my goodness.

They are so cute together. Two peas. <3

MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 am

She's so big! Logan has never really gotten the hang of "down" either and I don't know how to switch up our methods so he gets it.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:04 am

Great pics, Renee - two dogs are so much more than one, aren't they?

I had no trouble with Ami and down, but Archer was difficult. What is interesting about that is, for the longest time, I was a bit concerned Archer may have hip troubles brewing because he never sat straight on his haunches, was always over on one side sitting and he never "sphinxed" like Ami does, lying square on the floor, both hind legs folded up equally on both sides of his body.

But in the last couple of months, Archer has started to sit and lie down with both hind legs square. And, suddenly, no resistance to "down" command. Can't help if its related.

My method, which I am sure is nothing original, is just to take a treat, put it in front of their nose, say "down" and lower the treat to the ground - when they're "down" they get the treat.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:10 am

@Jenn....Both Miya and Sofie know sit and stay with my hand commands, Miya also knows lay down by hand, she also knows come here by hand. I'm ok with Sofie not knowing come here by hand yet, but wonder why, except maybe because she is so hyper, she doesn't get hand or verbal lay down yet.

@Ashleigh....They are just a blast to be around. Miya is so tolerant of Sofie, Sofie grabs a hold of Miya's neck and pulls for days, thank goodness she has all that fur, lol. She is getting big, she has grown more length wise in this growth spurt, and nothing in height, she is getting heavy though, lol.

@Sara....Thanks! That is where I am at a lost too. I trained Miya 100% without treats, not food motivated. Sofie on the other hand is very food motivated, although all my training has been done without treats so far. I sometimes have Sofie and Miya together so I can have Sofie see what Miya is doing, worked for sit and stay, not down. Then I did the typical pull their front legs out so they lay down, didn't work. I did a treat low and in front of her, nope. haha, I am out of ideas too. Now I will admit, when we are not working on training, and she is under my feet too much in a firm loud voice I say Sofie go lay down, and she does it, lol. Then I have to be sweet and excited and say yes lay down good girl Sofie, haha, she still doesn't make the connection.

@Amy....You know it!! haha, yes they make me laugh and smile all day. It is so wonderful. I was a bit concerned with her too, even though no hip issues on either side of her family. She is a lazy sitter, getting better. She too didn't sphinx sit/lay, and then one day maybe a week or so she did, just perfect, very even. She is also sitting better, not so much with the lazy sit. I have read though, with lazy sitters under 6 months is because they may be too pudgy and their hips are not as solid to hold them straight up in a sit, since lately she is sitting better, I am wondering if what I read is right.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Lay down was really hard for Keno and Kenzi both. They get overly excited and all brain function just goes out the window.

Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Renee, they are super cute together! They look like they have a lot of fun with each others company.

I also had a hard time teaching Lycus 'down.' He does it now, but a lot of the times he will 'play dead' instantly so his 'lay' doesn't last very long lol.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Jenn, the excitement factor may be why with Sofie, but Miya has actually thought the command lay down was not exciting at all, she has always thought lay down is for staying put, which for me, in essence lay down is stay there, where sit can be temporary.

Rocio, They do get a long fantastically. I am thankful that Miya likes to play fetch, lol, since now she does a lot of fetching Sofie for me, haha.

Wish I knew what the magic was in teaching Miya lay down. Funny I taught Sofie up, and Miya never got that, lol.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Wow five moths already!?
She looks great as is growing like a weed Smile lol Sophie thinks Miyas a horse XD
Just keep practicing the down, she'll get it! Or maybe she is already choosing to have selective hearing lol
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:22 pm

It's about time we see some new pics Razz

Beautiful pics Renee, I see my two in each pic, haha. I can't even really pick a favorite from these!

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Actually I do have a favorite Smile play bows Smile one of the cutest things to me is the bows dogs do

I have no advice on the commands, sorry. Mine sit when they want to, lay when they want to, if I command them...they laugh at me
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:18 am

@ Jane....oh she has selective hearing alright, lol I think she is as stubborn as any husky, atm, in that she learns what feels good to her. The whole what's in it for me attitude. She knows what a ball is, haha. she is super long, weight wise guessing 30-35 pounds. She is much smaller than Miya was at 20 weeks old. and yes Miya is a horse to her, she tries to jump on Miya's back all the time, and have witnessed her with her paws on Miya's back hitching a ride, while Miya is walking, pretty comical.

@Jimmy....I wasn't going to put the play bows up, but thought of you, they weren't the best pics, as far as centered, but it was so cute to watch, and me just click click click. Miya's hole pic, I thought was cute, it gets deeper by the day, haha. Sofie is not aloud to dig there, according to Miya.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:48 pm

So i came up with an idea on teaching Sofie lay down......whenever she does I have been real happy and say Good Girl Sofie lay down, we'll see if that works. Smile wish me luck!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next