It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Raising Cain (scrapbook)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

Raising Cain (scrapbook) Empty
PostSubject: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks again Al Jones for the awesome scrapbook name! We just got a new pic of baby Cain at almost five weeks old. He is an adorable brown eyed, chubby little guy. Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_211
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Uh-oh, you better check your breeder, that can't be a Husky, it doesn't have blue eyes and his ears don't stand up ..... and yes, I'm being a complete <well, I can't say that!>

He's one cute little devil, and with his mask being that dark, it's really going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

And I love it - yep, 'Raising Cain is going to be and experience I'll be watching!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 11:44 am

Cain (five weeks old today) and his mama!Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_a10
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 12:43 pm

I really love his color. Looks like his ears will be up full-time soon.

Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 7:32 pm

he is adorable, his mom looks really cool.
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_610

Baby Cain is 6 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Aww, Cain is adorable! Love the pic with Mama.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Cain is so cute, amazing mask too.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 2:41 pm

It looks like he's patiently waiting for you to take him home in that last picture - treasure that 'cause patient is one of the things our dogs aren't! C'mon mom, it's time for a walk! C'mon mom, I'm hungry!! C'mon mom, I wanna PLAY!!
But you know that already, right?? Smile

Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Haha! True story....patient is definitely not a word I would use to describe Suka....or me because waiting for this puppy is killing me!!! I'm still super nervous about how Suka is going to react but I've got a good plan thanks to all of the advice here. Now if I could just stop buying toys and cute puppy stuff..... Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 5:49 pm

FOUR more days until Cain comes home with us!!! I will be spending my weekend puppy proofing and lavishing attention on Suka. I'm still really nervous about how she is going to react. She is not fond of other dogs with the exception of our two Yorkies. When she was about 6 months old some coyote hunters were hunting down the road and one of their dogs came into our yard.....he pinned Suka down (didn't bite her but was pretty rough with her) and scared the hell out of her. She has been aggressive towards strange dogs since that episode. Fingers crossed that this goes well.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Most dogs know what puppies are and respect their 'puppy license'. Beside puppy proofing everything (which is impossible!) see if you can provide Cain with a safe place where he can go that Suka can't (and maybe vice versa) How do you plan on the introduction?

Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 am

When Cain was born we sent a small blanket to the breeder....she sent it back recently so we have introduced his scent to Suka. When we pick him on Tuesday I'm planning to drop him and my hubby off at quiet park in town and then run home to get Suka so they can meet on neutral ground. He has a crate all set up for him so he will have his own space. But Suka hasn't used a crate since she was potty trained. Any other words of wisdom or advice is much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 am

I'm curious ... what did Suka do when you presented her with the blanket? Quizzical look / tore it up / ignored it / ???

The meeting sounds good, on neutral territory is always best (has puppy had shots, is there any need for concern about other dogs that might have left disease [parvo for example] in the park?)

You know that when 'meeting' it's best to have an 'accidental' meeting. Each of you walking one dog and gradually bring them on a "collision" course. You two stop and chat about anything and let the dogs acquaint themselves. If you're not too concerned the dogs shouldn't be.

Hmmmm .... let's see, what else can I suggest just to raise your "worry level"? <teasing> Sounds like you're all set up for a good meeting. Good luck and pictures, please!

Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Suka sniffed it a little and moved on....I put it on her blanket and she hasn't torn it up or moved it so maybe that is a good sign! The puppy has had all of his shots but that is a good point about other dogs that may have been at the park. Maybe we will move our 'meeting' location to one of our farms where Suka hasn't ever been. Thanks for the words of encouragement and don't worry...I will probably go overboard on the pictures! ☺️
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 3:43 pm

This is a newborn puppy, he's had all his shots...for now...one set of shots won't protect him from some very serious diseases, like parvo.  I'd stay away from any park. I also wouldn't worry about introducing them at home, I have done it now a total of 5 times and each and every time it's been exactly the same. Suka will be more curious than anything else and almost immediately will take him under her wing and be the greatest big sis/mom. The biggest thing you will need to watch for between the two is playing, the size difference can obviously be a problem. The puppy WILL want to play, and Suka will too, haha, but the puppy can get stomped easily, which is usually ok, they bounce back in milliseconds.

Meeting on neutral ground is, in my opinion anyways, generally for a puppy/dog that have some age to them already, not for a puppy coming straight from their moms.
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Cain is home and he is just the sweetest little boy!! Loves to cuddle! Crate training is not going great but we are working on it. Suka has warmed up to him and he is her little shadow...cutest thing ever!

Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_510
Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_611
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 1:34 pm

last pic is so cute . glade the introductions went well.
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Just a few pics from the weekend.....played outside both days and had some worn out puppies!Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_710
Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_a11
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyMon May 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Love his mask, they look super comfortable with each other, cute Smile that blue collar stands out too
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyFri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

that last pic is adorable.
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyMon May 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Cain is growing like a weed and the rings around his eyes seem too be getting darker (or maybe the rest of his face is getting lighter). We can already tell that his personality is way different than Suka's....she was a very independent puppy and not very cuddly. Cain loves to sit in my lap and snuggle....only for about 2 minutes and then he is off to another adventure but 2 minutes is way more than Suka would ever put up with!
Raising Cain (scrapbook) Cain_010
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyTue May 23, 2017 12:07 am

He's so adorable!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyTue May 23, 2017 2:50 pm

It's so nice to see them doing well. He is cute. His white eyebrows seem more defined than they used to be.

Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) EmptyWed May 24, 2017 3:51 pm

he is very cute, and nice new eyebrows too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising Cain (scrapbook)   Raising Cain (scrapbook) Empty

Back to top Go down

Raising Cain (scrapbook)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next