It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Misty Mia Husky
Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

Female Join date : 2017-09-19

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 4:37 pm

EEEEEEE! Very Happy So cute! Wow, so far Grant and Sophia look like they're almost going be twins when she's full grown. Has anyone asked you if Grant is Sophia's parent? Wink
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

Female Join date : 2017-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Same dad. Once Sophia is out and about, maybe I will be answering questions like that. I hope these two look a little alike. Smile
Back to top Go down
Misty Mia Husky
Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 5:27 pm

They do look a lot alike, despite the differences in their masks. I know you said that all of the dogs from the breeder have a consistent look. They're certainly lovely.

Back when I would take Max & Miles, my American Eskimo Dog and Swedish Lapphund, on walks together, little kids would ask me if the dogs were married. With one dog being white and the other being black, I guess they looked kinda like a walking wedding dress and tuxedo to the kids. One time a little girl squealed and said, "Oh, look! A mommy doggy and a daddy doggy!" Yep, as a beautiful fluffy white dog, Max was forever in drag.

I'm willing to bet that eventually you'll have a kid ask you if Grant is Sophia's mommy. Wink

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 12:20 am

Such a cute picture of them playing together! I love it! In the pic, Chris, it looks like Grant is getting sun damage on his coat (?) ((I see the red color on his shoulder top and a bit where his back starts. Sun damage on black and whites has been discussed in here before, I just don't remember if there is something you can put on the coat to eliminate/minimize it.

Kohdi and Mishka aren't from the same line, however I do remember them sharing one of their predecessors from the Troika line...id have to look at their papers to find out for sure. Kohdi's mom had unusual markings and is where Kohdi's mask and neck blaze come from. The breeder kept one of Kohdi's brothers and he went on to produce the only piebald coats the breeder ever had, twice. His dad looks just like him, but with Mishka's mask meaning his face isn't nearly as white as Kohdi's. Mishka has a tiny, light red and white dad, and her mom is built just like her, tiny and kinda stocky in a way (big chest and not so much length of leg) Mishka's mom is parti-eyed but all the pups in Mishka's litter had really dark brown eyes, except for one who was bi-eyed. Only 3 pups in her litter too! Mishka's mom was later "sold" and the new owner and I are "friends" on FB so I get so see updates and her enjoying her new life Smile
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Married dogs, haha, Faye! Children are funny. People will think Grant and Sophia are related, I'm sure. Smile

Yes, Jimmy, Grant is a beach bum with a sun-kissed hairdo. I started using Ice on Ice and hope to get the red out over time. I'm a redhead, so there have been jokes and teasing about Grant taking after me. Ugh.

Sophia is stockier than Grant was, and I hope she stays small like Mishka, which she probably will, since the female size difference is normal in the breeder's dogs.

Here's a video of Sophia in her car seat, for those who don't instagram:

Sophia ridin'
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Good luck with the sun damage thing...Ami gets a beautiful dark red interspersed with a lighter red in winter...then comes summer and he goes to apricot then a sick yellow. Our trash guy refers to him as "that yellow dog... Sad "
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Awww, reminds me A LOT of Mishka! Mishka is the best car ride husky I've ever had. Kohdi is awesome too but he likes to lay down, Mishka sits like a little soldier and just takes in the sights, haha.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Amy, I'm not terribly bothered by the sun bleaching. Mostly I'm conditioning his coat to make him easier to brush. Sunscreen probably won't help much in the sunshine state. Smile The color fade being seasonal seems rather festive.

Jimmy, she's learning to ride in the car seat. The carrier was too small this week. She's grown taller in so few days! Grant's a good traveler, and recently decided the backseat was roomier. He's like, "Oh, Sophia has to use my old car seat, poor girl."

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 10:04 pm

Kohdi has taken to the backseat recently too! It's always been that Kohdi rode in front with me, and he'd crawl over and lay in my lap, while Mishka sat behind me in the backseat. But lately when I go to put Mishka in back, Kohdi hops in behind her. I'm loving it cuz with Kohdi in my lap, it was hard to drive!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 10:46 pm

We had a huge family trip to Lowe's today, with Sophia in arms, and Grant in the backseat. It drove Sophia nuts! She wanted to get in the backseat (I was riding shotgun with her in my lap). Then she wanted to walk instead of being carried inside. She hasn't been through all of her shots, so nope.

But when a 6mo Husky showed up and had a full conversation with Grant, Sophia was very happy in my arms all of the sudden. She brightened when a preteen girl went gaga over her.

Anyway, she's in a hurry to do everything her brother does, and studies him with laser focus. But she's still cuddly and accepts being groomed and held better than Grant ever did. I think it's a youngest child thing--?

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Img_7217
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Cute pics, they look pooped Smile

Not necessarily the youngest child thing, but more a female husky thing (?) maybe being the youngest helps too. She sounds exactly like Mishka. The females are extremely focused, determined and pick up things fast! They also seem more independent and driven. The males are not stupid by any stretch of the imagination, but they are more *chill* about things, they seem to take nothing seriously and go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 8:52 pm

My message didn't post. But I agree, Sophia is bossier, giving me the sharp bark of warning that she needs a kong filled with wet food just like Grant, and oh hey, the puzzle is empty again because the puppy is a shark.

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Img_7312
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Img_7313
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 pm

More Sophia takeover:

Office training on "sit" and "touch"

Sophia
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Lordy that pup is cute, Also, and afraid to say, she looks full of the ol' sass!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Oh, Amy, she's exhausting! But pretty wonderful and very busy, so, trainable. When she grumps, she sounds like a little kid. When she barks at her own reflection in the bottom of her water bowl, I think she's a little bit scary, haha!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 pm

She's so cute!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks, Jimmy. I was on a call to adobe today and shrieked suddenly. The rep was like, "are you ok?" and I was trying to recover so just told her the truth: my 11-week-old puppy just pushed my chair out from under me as I was sitting down (I use an exercise ball chair, so not hard to do). She was all, "oh, I wish I could bring my dog to work," etc. So it's an adventure, but I'm blesssssed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 pm

You are totally blessed! I would LOVE to bring my dogs to work...I have a feeling I'd never get anything done, LOL, but I'd still love to be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 10:29 am

They mostly sleep during office hours. Sophia is getting used to me talking on the phone a lot this week. 'I'm adding Grant back to the office next week, but he has new classes to help wear him out and spend special time with me.
Back to top Go down
Misty Mia Husky
Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 3:26 pm

I think that's why there was such a strong bond between me and Kiki, my Shiba Inu. I worked from home for over two years and Kiki was my constant and only companion during work hours. It IS a blessing to be able to hang out with your dog all day, all week long.

At my current job, the office is small, EVERYONE is a dog owner, and people bring their dogs to work quite often. We've had Westies, Lhasa Apsos, Golden Retrievers, Labradors, Standard Poodles, Huskies, etc., all come tromping through here. I don't dare bring Misty to work yet, though. She's still a LITTLE too crazy.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 3:39 pm

The mornings before work are Active, so the calm during the afternoon works out to mean a lot of Husky sleeping while I do mostly quiet office activities. I don't know how it would be in a busy office.

It's important to me to have them with me because they are supervised and I know they're ok. A local dog trainer said Huskies have the hardest time with dog camp because they are so pack/family specific and bonded to their families. The separation anxiety has caused some horrendous acting out, especially through destructive behavior, while the families are away. She seems to find this a Husky thing.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

A couple of examples of office Sophia

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Img_7314
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Img_7315
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 pm

"Office" Sophia is adorable! Smile

Even more than her mask, I'm curious how the sparse white on her forehead will turn out! Smile Mishka had white there too, but it disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 11:48 pm

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Img_7320

The speculation is fun, and it reminds me of the family members who thought my son's shade of auburn hair exactly like mine would change. Well...

(Edited: photo posted without screenshot noise)

Last edited by Mersea Lopez on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 12:14 am

LOL, that is a cute pic Smile

I remember back when I was a kid, the Malamute my parents got me had like 3 white hairs on the very tip of his tail, only 3! I told my mom I would just cut them off cuz it looked funny (hey, I was just a kid, lol) my mom said "don't you dare!!!" Hahaha...those 3 white hairs turned into a BUSH of white hairs that made his tail so pretty! Mishka had a white line on her forehead, I loved it! It's gone! I've always known white to just become a larger area of white with age and growth so it genuinely surprised me that it disappeared. Sophia's is such a small little area that I'm super curious now what it will become Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next