It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

Female Join date : 2017-11-09

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 10:47 am

I thought the same thing, Amy. He secured his stash and paused to give one a chew, then went back at it to unwrap them all. And no one interrupted him with "say thank you." Haha
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Grant howl-yawns while we laugh at him in his ugly Christmas sweater. When we laugh, he thinks we're howling and joins in.

https://youtu.be/BnCyZMj2KWA
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm seriously impressed with his unwrapping skills! That is awesome! Video is too cute! Cute pics too, are you working with him to enter competitions? Grant is SO pretty !!!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Nah, Jimmy, but thanks. Just trying to keep him busy running 5Ks and jumping hurdles to keep him from digging holes--he required 2 baths the 2 days I was too busy cooking for my family over Christmas to go for our runs.

I ran with him Christmas Day and vowed never to miss again, because he taught me bathing his muddy fur takes longer than a 5K, haha. He was so sweet over Christmas, only opening presents meant for him--he can smell through wrapping paper, after all.

Your fairytale children must have wowed and mesmerized your holiday guests.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Very smart! And very cool he goes with you on your runs! My two love to run but it eventually turns into playing, haha. Kohdi will leap into the air, over and over and over unless we are in a structured run, if we hit grass, it's all over, lol.

Awww, I don't think mine would undo wrapping like Grant does. They will open a sealed box tho, lol. I am seriously impressed with Grant and his gifts.

They get lots of love when people are over...Kohdi insists on it, lol. I even had a group of my guests out on a walk with me with them! I know right! But yeah, it was cool! We went a few blocks over where, every year, a neighbor lights up their 80ft pine tree in their front yard, it's quite spectacular. I'll have to get a pic.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 10:34 am

How cool, a walking social. Smile The whole house of family went along Christmas Day, but some had headed back already because of work. We run at a nice preserve, so it's a lovely event. Grant runs in a heeling position, as I've mentioned, and we work hard at ignoring distractions, although he will sometimes look back at other dogs we pass. I keep a quiet calm, but also know everyone on the trail and some refuse to leash their dogs. We stop and he sits to let the really bad dogs pass. Haha

Post a photo of the tree? I love living decor. Smile

Oh, and when I give Grant more lead after our run, he goes into explore mode which also involves leaping, so I can picture your Kohdi!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 pm

Grant's ugly Christmas sweater
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Img_6718

Grant watching fireworks--Happy New Year!
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Img_6812
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 pm

He is so beautiful. Love that face. Not such an ugly sweater, haha, he's looking pretty darn handsome Smile

I like your house! I want your flooring...and front doors, lol. I spend all my time outside, my New Years resolution is to start really working on the inside. There is much I want to change.

Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 12:03 am

Thanks, Jimmy, Always more to do with a house! I spend more time on my gardens (off limits to Huskies!) and watergarden, honestly.

Grant is still enjoying the 360 fireworks

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Img_6813
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Big talker.

https://youtu.be/OlIshTumAzI
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 4:43 pm

He sounds like a baby cow, lol. Too cute! It's funny to hear all the different husky voices. Kohdi has hilarious long speeches, back talk , and short, to the point conversations, they never fail to make me smile. I'm guessing Grant is complaining in this video? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Haha, Jimmy. Smile Grant can open the lever-style door to the house but it was locked and he wanted his salmon. He has a very low voice (as opposed to the shrill Husky talkers all over YouTube) and is regal and grumpy. The only undignified thing he does is lose it when the Corgi is here and she gets to go upstairs where he is not allowed. Grant is fairly alpha but he's in a house full of them so it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 10:21 pm

I noticed that about the YouTube huskies too! Kohdi has never ever been shrill, his voice is much like Grants except that his voice disappears often even though he's still doing the motions with the head/mouth, lol. There is a video somewhere of him talking, in his scrapbook.

Awww, let him upstairs, LOLOL Smile
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 1:35 pm

How cute, Kohdi's silent talking!

Nope, not letting Grant enjoy my Martha Stewart-perfect guest quarters. Haha! He is currently furring my office, after a morning of arguing with me about leaving his gloriously frozen yard. Yikes. 3 late-season Monarchs just eclosed in my butterfly house which I moved inside (with flowering milkweed), so needless to say no one was expecting this cold snap. Ugh, can't wait until it ends just in time to bring home the puppy.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Merena - Ami has a very low voice, too. I call it his basso profundo. The first few times Wayne heard it, he thought Ami was growling at him and didn't like him. I happened to pass by a day or two later, heard what Wayne was talking about and told him No Way. Ami's saying "hi, how are you, so glad to see you, where have you been all my life" lol! But, to the uninitiated, he sounds very threatening.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Yes, Grant only speaks in low tones to those he likes, haha. Ami sounds awesome.

Grant withholds affection, so when he falls asleep in the recliner next to me in the theater room with his head on my shoulder, it's a holy moment.

He's getting soft in his "old age", though, with near-cuddles almost daily. 2 years in, we've apparently earned it. Heh.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Mersea Lopez wrote:

Grant withholds affection, so when he falls asleep in the recliner next to me in the theater room with his head on my shoulder, it's a holy moment.

He's getting soft in his "old age", though, with near-cuddles almost daily. 2 years in, we've apparently earned it. Heh.

We're going through a similar thing here - I've always joked that being close for Ami is him lying on the grass outside the the family room while we watch a movie inside.  That is changing markedly of late...cuddling next to my husband in bed (to the point of lying with his butt on hubby's shoulder and his tail full across his face Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 1625187496   And cuddling with us on the couch while we watch movies.  Weird.  Don't know if its just he's getting older (he's 5 this past Sept.) or if its seeing velcro Z'ev follow us everywhere, even if its only a 5' move lol!  )  But - that's been the case with son's dog Archer for the past 3.5 years anyway so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Amy, I am betting it's the pack addition, because I have an x-pen in the den and the new puppy's kennel by my bed, and Sophia's new orthopedic bed beside that--which Grant is sleeping on instead of his own!--and he has stepped up his occasional morning nosedive under the covers to a daily routine and is actually resting his head on my leg instead of pawing my arm. Letting me "sleep in" until 6 or so? It's like he knows the puppy is coming home in a week...Haha
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Mersea Lopez wrote:
How cute, Kohdi's silent talking!

Nope, not letting Grant enjoy my Martha Stewart-perfect guest quarters. Haha! He is currently furring my office, after a morning of arguing with me about leaving his gloriously frozen yard. Yikes. 3 late-season Monarchs just eclosed in my butterfly house which I moved inside (with flowering milkweed), so needless to say no one was expecting this cold snap. Ugh, can't wait until it ends just in time to bring home the puppy.

I saw Florida actually even got some snow! That's amazing!

I was kidding about the upstairs Wink Kohdi and Mishka aren't allowed in the living room here, except when it's Christmastime. So I get it with your upstairs.

Interesting. Kohdi is a huge cuddler! He lays on top of me most of the time, lol. Mishka is a cuddler too, she likes to bury her head under my arm and fall asleep, it's pretty cute.

More pics, Chris! Wink
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 11:43 pm

he looks so cute in his sweeter hehe.
wow, some interesting lines of huskies.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks, Leo. Smile

Jimmy, I'm posting some meh photos on instagram, but it's so cold! The only time I'm warm outside is when we run our 5K and I don't take photos then. But here's a video of the mossy stick destroyer:

https://youtu.be/sZ0rWPj7ImQ

Last edited by Mersea Lopez on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am

bok choi and wok watch

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Img_6814

Frozen marsh monster
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Img_6910
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Img_6911

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Img_6912
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:14 pm

I honestly didn't think about the cold, Chris, my bad. This morning, I had my tv on and they were talking specifically about how cold it's been in Florida. Showed a little kid getting to experience snow there, for the first time, haha.

Love the video and pics! Grant is a shredder like Mishka, lol. Unfortunately, YouTube goes to whatever next video is there when I watched Grants, and OMG, I shoulda closed the window when I had the chance before it started...it was about eagles attacking Sad I saw a child get picked up, a baby wolf, a lamb! Those things have no fear!

Your property is gorgeous! So much room for Grant to run around, soon with Sophia, they are going to have a blast!!!!

Do you want to share your Instagram? If not, it's cool. Mine is Kohdi_Mishka if you ever wanna chk it out Smile
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Instagram's GranttheHusky. Smile

Yeah, YouTube is annoying. So many rude changes to the platform, I can't even use it for business anymore.

I'm pretty disappointed we didn't get snow because Grant would love it! It's 1 degree today where Sophia is. It will be briefly in the 40s while I'm there and I'm praying I don't get stuck somewhere along the way, given the news on airports and ice. The photos show lots of snow there. Too bad I'm not taking Grant, haha!

My place is really secluded and private with tons of space. The concrete foooting under the fence has worked to contain Grant so far despite his occasional digging, which usually only occurs on the rare day we miss our run, although right before Christmas he found a muddy spot to excavate--yikes!

Thanks for perusing. I followed your Husky instagram.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Intelligence opens more doors

https://youtu.be/qKUZq41PI-M

(Surprised he didn't figure this out sooner)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next