It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
HarlosHealthyPets
Puppy
Puppy
HarlosHealthyPets

Male Join date : 2012-05-01

What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Lola and Harlen have been eating Orijen for a while. I have used all 3 formulas; try to rotate them, but we use the Orijen Adult more often than the other formulas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.harloshealthypets.com
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:50 am

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Trying a new dehydrated food by Grandma Lucy's. Its called Pure-formance. It seems similar to the other formulas they offer, but it does not have any potato in it. We are trying the rabbit formula. So far the dogs seem to really enjoy it. They only get it about once a week, the rest of the week they are still getting raw. It has not messed up their stools at all.
What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 Pictur30

Started Kale on the Lamb tonight and he wouldn't leave the kitchen while it was hydrating haha I got the Rabbit as well and I'll feed that after the Lamb is gone.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:40 am

I got the chicken to try out...I might want to try the rabbit also.

Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Transitioning from Fromm Four Star Game Bird & Sojos Complete Beef to Orijen 6-Fish and a new freeze dried option. Not sure what I want to try out next, but we may jump on the Grandma Lucy's bandwagon...
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:48 pm

I've been feeding the new Grandma Lucy's Pureformance for about two months and both my dogs do very well on it. The bag lasts quite a while as well. I didn't like the regular grain-free GL formulas all that much- Koda didn't do that well on it- but Pureformance has been a way better experience.

I like GL over THK though. I like the freeze-dried process more than dehydrated and THK only makes 40lbs of food, while GL makes 55lbs... which also makes it cheaper.

Currently my dogs are fed raw (lamb, pork, grass-fed beef, buffalo, venison) and GL Pureformance lamb.
We have Earthborn Great Plains in the pantry for a kibble backup for when on the go or I'm just lazy.
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:47 pm

I just ordered up Grandma Lucy's PureFormance Lamb @ naturalk9supplies.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:54 pm

My dogs are currently on THK Keen, contemplating purchasing some GL since they're almost out...
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:56 pm

My pack alternates between Raw and Kibble (Rachel Ray Just 6). We alternate every other day. They all do really well on it, and I'm looking into getting GL Pureformance for the little ones, to replace their kibble.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Been feeding Kale GL Pureformance for about 2 weeks and his energy level has skyrocketed the past few day... Holy bejesus! Lol im really likeing the results!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:07 pm

It really is a great food. And can't beat the price. I still have a few addresses to get 20% off Wag.com with too hahhaa. I'm sending one to my sister's and one to my friend's when I go home!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:43 am

I'm gonna have to do that. can they run your debit card to know that you are sending it to the same person?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:47 am

The billing address has to be the same as the shipping address. So if you're shipping to a different address, you can't charge it with your credit card. You'll have to have your friend pay for it and pay them back.

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:47 am

I got an email this morning from amazon, if you are a prime customer all of the grandma lucy's is on sale.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:50 am

mheath0429 wrote:
I got an email this morning from amazon, if you are a prime customer all of the grandma lucy's is on sale.

Hmm, I'm a prime member on amazon but I can get it cheaper on wag.com and naturalk9supplies.com for the 10Ib bags
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:58 am

not me. Hmm maybe i just buy too much dog food from Amazon and i have something different or something?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:04 am

Amazon has all of the Grandma Lucy products listed at outrageously high prices and then marked down to their normal price.

NONE of their formulas go over $100 bucks. I believe their most expensive formula is the Pureformance Rabbit, which is 86 or something? And the venison is around the same price. Most of their formulas are around the $50-60 range(10lb bags). I've bought GL from websites and several different pet stores- I first discovered it at a local pet store and bought the venison for $82. I think Amazon is just trying to make the price appealing.. I'm an Amazon junkie and it upsets me to see this.

Ziwipeak is the best food out there next to raw and costs around $120. I can promise you that GL's price tag for their chicken or pork formulas are not even close to their price range, haha.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:20 am

Fair enough, question though. Is it a good switch from Acana to Grandma Lucy's?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:40 am

Grandma Lucy's is definitely a better food than Acana, in my opinion. I mean, it's freeze dried.. 'nuff said. I'm not a huge kibble fan. I can always tell the difference of quality with my dogs' energy, coat, etc when I try a kibble again and the difference is huge to me. And it really isn't a bad price for a good quality food- it costs as much as buying Orijen. I feed it usually just in the PM to my dogs though there's been several days I did AM and PM GL due to laziness and I still have a few days worth (started this bag March 29th). Probably go through a cup a day if it's just the PM feeding?

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:42 am

I was thinking about doing GL and Acana. Acana in the AM, GL in the PM. Per pounds, its actually a bit cheaper than the Acana Wild Prairie
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:45 am

Claudia feeds a kibble and THK together so I'd think that is just fine. Smile

I'd do all raw but I need a deep freezer.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:52 am

Yeah, no kidding! We don't have enough room in our freezer.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:02 pm

We feed Trillion Wolf King, Soid Gold.
she LOVES it!!
infact she eats it so quickly (and will sniff around and find fallen kibble and eat that too)
i feel like she should be eating more >.> but my boyfriend thinks she should be eating less.

She eats Twice a day once in the morning and once in the evening.

she eats about two cups, so all together four cups a day.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php/product/2121/sort/2/cat/all/page/1
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:07 pm

4 cups of Wolf King is a lot IMHO, even for a puppy. I fed my adult male (50lbs) Wolf King briefly and he only ate 1 1/2 cups a day.

By 6 months I was only feeding Rogue about 1 cup a day (feeding an adult dog food), 1 1/3 max and then she got treats during the day obviously as well. She has never been underweight since we got her either. We still only feed about that much since she hasn't really gotten bigger since(14 months old).
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:54 pm

I agree with Heather 4 cups a day is lot..

My female Kerian gets about 2 cups a day she is a bit under weight currently.
My male Blaze gets 1 3/4 cups a day divide between two feeding.

I feed them Orijen or TOTW have not try Solid Gold.

Once Kerian gets to and good weight for her I will cut her back to about 1 3/4 to 1 1/2 food a day.

They do get treats during the day.

They get a daily walk or two and get to go to dog park about 4 times a week.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:05 pm

how much does trillion weigh? I know you said she is part mal. Maggie is at about 70 pounds. I feed her 4 cups. She only eats 2 of it each night. If she gets a lot of the mal personality, wait until she hits a year, picky picky picky. I used to feed maggie solid gold wolf cub at 6 months she got 2 cups max a day. I switched to taste of the wild because she wouldn't eat solid gold. I looked at the feeding chart on the back of taste of the wild bag. 3 1/2 to 5 cups for a 70 pound dog. I don't think she is that big yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next