It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Agouti owners?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kenajade
Newborn
Newborn

Agouti owners?  Empty
PostSubject: Agouti owners?    Agouti owners?  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:44 am

Hey everyone.
I’m obsessed with agoutis and I would love to see yours and how their color changes/ phases have gone! Mine is 5 months now and she’s getting so blonde! When did your get dark again?

8 weeks
Agouti owners?  26555810

10weeks
Agouti owners?  34496b10

12 weeks
Agouti owners?  Fd1a3810

15 weeks
Agouti owners?  07774a10

18 weeks
Agouti owners?  7890e710

20 weeks
Agouti owners?  53231f10

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Adult
Adult
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

Agouti owners?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agouti owners?    Agouti owners?  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Well squirt is a mix but she went the opposite of your pup. She had a black face and was otherwise solid tan at 8 weeks. Her color took about a year to completely come in but even now she gets lighter or darker seasonally. Oh and now she is getting grey on the muzzle but she is almost 8.

I took a guess and i think you mean the black/tan agouti as opposed to a genetic agouti which also includes other colors as long as the hair is banded.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Teenager
Teenager
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

Agouti owners?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agouti owners?    Agouti owners?  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Apollo isn’t agouti but he gone through every colour😂 he was born brown then went sable then a Isabella white and now a wolf grey,
Agouti owners?  2788ff10
Agouti owners?  7e4d9b10
Agouti owners?  F1153e10
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

Agouti owners?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agouti owners?    Agouti owners?  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Cute!

I have two agouti huskies. Kavik turned completely white except for his face at 4 months and darkened back up by 5 months. Basically when he shed off his puppy coat. Tulok's change has been more subtle. He looks like a really dark sable GSD. Right now he's shedding off charcoal colored clumps from the remainder of his puppy coat. He looks exactly like his mom so I expect he'll turn out looking the same.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Adult
Adult
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

Agouti owners?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agouti owners?    Agouti owners?  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 5:54 pm

@liv_skye technically wolf grey is an expression of the agouti gene. Its like a dilute version of the agouti color if i read it right.
Back to top Go down
dinf22
Puppy
Puppy

Agouti owners?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agouti owners?    Agouti owners?  EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 am

That's a super cute dog! She's look so pretty as an adult!

Mine is an agouti aswell and like his father his coat got lighter as he grew and his mark will get a tad bit more lighter.

12 Weeks
Agouti owners?  THAWzlO

1 Year
Agouti owners?  J6yaRWN

1.5 Years
Agouti owners?  W735DpE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Agouti owners?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agouti owners?    Agouti owners?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Agouti owners?