It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Adventures of Bella!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:13 am

I think Kale needs to take some lessons from Bella!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:21 am

I believe it is the other way around, m'lady! Kale can teach her to play nice with plushies!!!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:45 am

lol touché! Razz
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 pm

She is such a cutie, and from the sounds of it quite the character! I wish Ghost would play fetch. We're working on it with frisbees and tennis balls, but she doesn't quite get the "bring it back" part. Did you guys have any problems with flooding from Lee? We got almost 8 inches here in Pensacola, but thankfully our neighborhood is high enough up that it didn't flood. I have to laugh about the pooping thing, because the same happened with our dogs. We were trying to take them out between rain bands which mostly worked, but a couple times they asked to go out when it was pouring, got to the back porch door, realized it was raining and backed up as if to say "I'm not going out in that". At one point Ghost got caught mid poop in a down pour and just got the most pathetic look on her face, as if to say "really? REALLY?!" lol!

I'm sorry to hear about your Daytona. I lost one of my cats earlier this summer and am still having some trouble with it. I hope Bella stays healthy, and for what it's worth my other cat has a very significant heart murmur. Like, every time we move and go to a new vet, they can't believe how bad it is, but he's 7 now and still going strong. Quite the character actually, and you'd never know he had a heart problem by looking at him. I sincerely hope that Bella's issues remain mild and she has a long and happy life.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:19 am

I thought I would share an intimate moment that Bella had. Of course, this wasn't with me. xD!!! No one other than me takes pictures...so I don't get cute moments with -my- dog. lol

My father is what you would call a -not- animal person. He doesn't like them. He only let me get another dog because I was so depressed when I lost Daytona I wouldn't even leave my room. Having said that he has warmed up to Bella quite a bit. But he still doesn't like animals.

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7311
Yes, my father was asleep on the couch and Bella thoughtfully watched over him as he slept.

As some of you may remember my father is Bella's all time favorite family member. He drives truck and sometimes is gone for days up to a week at a time. So, she is basically glued to him when he's home. He was home for a few hours to sleep before leaving again and I went downstairs to get a drink and found them like that. I had to take a picture. However, father doesn't know the pictures exists. He has to keep up his "I hate your dog" act. Very Happy

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7514
This was just taken quickly after I had grabbed my camera. He's been home less than 15 minutes. She won't budge.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 am

AW!! lol I love you
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:37 am

Yeah...our house is a disaster. I don't clean for pictures. Sad

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:12 am

awww! haha my dad used to hate embry when we shortly lived with him, he was actually kinda scared of him, and called him wolfy lol! he eventually warmed up to him and i'd catch him sneaking him food and petting him
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:17 am

When we had first brought Bella home she was terrified of everyone She only liked me. She would run and hide if anyone even came within 15 feet of her. A couple days after we had her my father and I got into a fight that ended in me saying to him "I don't care if you don't like her but I would -really- like it if you would at least -pretend- for my sake when I'm around that you were at least a LITTLE happy" .

One night my boyfriend came upstairs about a week later to go to bed and goes "Your father is downstairs laying on the floor with Bella". I said "I don't believe you." A few days later I ventured downstairs close to midnight and sure enough, daddy and Bella were laying in the middle of the dining room floor her about a foot away from him.

I guess what had been happening every night he was home since our argument was laying with her and talking to her so that she'd trust him. Bella's been the first dog that's been allowed to break the rules he's ever had for a dog. No dogs on the furniture, no begging at the table (her begging consists of resting just the very edge of her chin on your thigh and if you don't pay attention to her she opens her mouth and very gently with no pressure rests her slightly open mouth there. And if for whatever reason you're still ignoring her she'll apply the every slightest bit of pressure).

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:50 pm

My dad was never a fan of animals either. We always had outside pets growing up. He was always complaining about them and cursing if they got in his way but when he thought we weren't looking, we would catch him petting them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:44 pm

So it isn't just my father who secretly likes the dogs but swears up and down he hates them openly! xD

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Niraya wrote:
So it isn't just my father who secretly likes the dogs but swears up and down he hates them openly! xD

Nope! My dad is that guy too! I was totally shocked when my mom told me he took my sisters dog for a car ride simply because he felt like that's what buddy wanted. They think they are fooling us, but they can't do it for long. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

No they cannot!

Oh! I've found out today that Bella is a thief!!
She stole my brother's pancakes he made last night off of the counter. The counter stands about waist/stomach high on a 5'5'' person. xD I giggled.

She hates my brother. No joke.

Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:20 pm

COUNTER SURFER!! kale LOVES to surf counters... it's quite annoying hahaha Razz
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:23 pm

O.o

Well. Kale isn't allowed to give Bella any lessons Neutral

Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Nope!! He can keep that trait to himself! Rolling Eyes He can be a VERY naughty boy lol
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 pm

An update! Last weekend we got hit by a rare October snowstorm! Aside from the massive trees and branches the storm took down - It was Bella's first snow - so we went outside and took some pictures!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7610
Snow!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7611
Leaps and bounds!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7612
She had a lot of fun Very Happy

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7613
Getting ready to jump!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7515
Eating snow!

Blurry pictures are blurry Sad sorry!

Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Love pic number two! It's super-dog!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:34 am

THE Rare snow storm was awesome !! I Love th e Leaping Pixxxx Razz
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 3:21 am

she's so cute!
Back to top Go down
desi
Puppy
Puppy
desi

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 3:31 am

Bob and I are jealous! We never get snow in our part of tthe world - Such a pity for Bob. She looks like she is having the best time.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Oh! I feel so bad for missing all of your responses!!!!!! Please forgive me!!!

The rare storm was awesome, Jenni! I was so happy for it!

Melissa- I was really happy that picture came out! I love it!

Thanks Jennet! Embry and Zoey would make awesome playmates for her! Razz I think they're both very beautiful. I'm jealous!

Aw, Desi! I will give you some of my snow when we get it so Bob can have some! No Siberian should go without snow!

And. A picture from a few minutes ago! Disproving the generalization that a Siberian isn't a "velcro" dog! lol!!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Dscn7614

She woke up from the flash so she doesn't look very happy. But! This is how we spend our days when I'm at the computer Smile

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Niraya wrote:
No Siberian should go without snow!

Agreed. That's why we're planning to drive to my parents house in Chicago over Christmas, so that Ghost has a chance to see snow. Stupid Florida...

I must have missed those pics when you first posted them, but they are great! Looks like Bella had so much fun in the snow Very Happy

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:13 am

She loved it so much! She was a little wary at first but after I started kicking snow up into the air for her to chase she wouldn't come in!

The random storm kicked our butt. People went up to a week and a half without power here and there are still downed trees from it.

We still see signs - the most notable one because it's closest to me "Up to 8 days with no power!"

Ghost is getting so big :o! I wish I could get around on these forums more and talk with everyone! Ugggghhhhhh! Be careful around the holidays driving up here! People are idiots! But I really hope Ghost has a lot of fun in the snow! I will want to see pictures!

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:50 am

I spent most of my life driving around idiots in snow, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm WAY more scared of the complete idiots around here on the off chance it does snow here, like it apparently did last year. I've lived or worked all over the country, and IMO the drivers here are the worst in the USA. The worst in the world (that I've seen anyway) are in Qatar (I was based there in '08 flying missions over Baghdad). They've only had cars for 30 years or so, and have a TOTAL disregard for rules.

I can't wait for Ghost to be able to play in snow, and don't worry, there will be TONS of pictures. My parents have a huge yard, and there is a really nice dog park about 3 miles from them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Bella!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next