It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Adventures of Bella!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:04 am

I don't know, Jersey drivers are pretty terrible >.> and New York! Oh my goodness!

But yeah, I know a few people in Florida - and since they never get snow - the schools were all closing and everyone was having nervous breakdowns like it was the end of the world! xD

Oh I really can't wait! She'll be sad when she goes back down south and doesn't get to see it for another year! Unless we have a winter like last year and 48/50 states get covered again.

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:37 am

Jersey and New York are bad, I think Massachusetts is worse, but they're all just a-holes behind the wheels. Around here they are just plain stupid. Like, you see the dumbest crap on the roads around here EVERY day. It really is amazing...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:39 am

Haven't been in Mass. Only Connecticut RI NY NJ - Delaware around the holidays is pretty stupid. Like, ridiculously so (everyone goes there because there's no tax >.>)

Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:45 am

I love the snow pictures - so cute!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:45 am

Thanks! Very Happy She loved the snow! Not so much the pictures...lol

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:52 am

I went to college in Annapolis, MD and did a lot of stuff all over the east coast. Spent a lot of time in PA, NJ, and NY, then did some temporary duty in RI. Went to MA fairly frequently because Newport is really boring and expensive Razz

Don't think I've ever been to DE over a holiday (I do like Bethany Beach though...)

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:54 am

Delaware gets really crazy around christmas time. PA has the 6% tax on everything - but Delaware doesn't have a tax. So everyone goes down to Delaware to buy all their gifts because eventually when you spend 1-2k the tax adds up >.>

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:58 am

Nice. I know NH and MT don't have sales tax as well. I guess if I didn't have the option of shopping at the Exchange and lived close to a tax free state, I'd go there to shop too.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:02 am

Well. It's like a 2 hour drive for us. but we still do it sometimes!

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 am

Thanks to the help of Sara! Bella and I have achieved Stackability!!!!!
Sara has seriously been a god send to me in helping me learn how to stack properly. Thank you so much <3

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7711
(needed to get her front feet back a bit more in this one - but she was for the most part looking ahead and not at me!)

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7712

I think these are the best two stacks we've done!

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

good job on getting her stacked!!! and thats great that sara has been helping you!

Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:33 am

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7713
Sara has inspired my confidence! The official stack!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7714
I iz soooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooood giiiiiiiiiiirl!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7715
omnomnom

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7716
Eskimo!

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 am

lol. Glad I could help. Boy she can give you some nasty looks! lol. Like mom why on earth are we doing this again?!

Don't forget to practice gaiting. I found that harder than stacking! Elara would sidegait some and it took some work, but I think I've gotten her straightened out. She kept keeping her front out further, I think to keep from running into me. And practice folding up the lead in your left hand. Eventually you can get pretty quick at it!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 am

I thought you were going to bed!!!

I haven't practiced gaiting in awhile. Admittedly I've no clue about it. No one at the classes helped me with and it has been too cold to practice outside (unlike you I don't have t-shirt weather all of the time!).

I plan on starting again though just working inside very briefly but there isn't much room.

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 am

lol. Well I was, but I had to call my mom about that sibe at the shelter and then got stuck watching basketball with Steve. Now I'm off to bed! lol.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:17 am

She have something good to say I hope?

Night Sara Smile

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:16 pm

She already has an application on her, so we probably can't get her. Hopefully the person will be a good home!

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Aw Sad that sucks! I'm sorry

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:05 am

Some pictures to share! (Since most of you are not my friend on facebook!)

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7717
We like to sleep together.

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7718
This...It's raining up here in PA. My backyard is like a mud pit.
She is not supposed to be on my bed even though I cleaned her feet. But I couldn't bear to tell her to go Sad.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 am

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7910

My friend Katie (who will be meeting Bella for the first time Thursday) has affectionately dubbed this "The Blanket-eater"

Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:21 am

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:17 pm

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Bella_16

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7911

This! Is Bella and her new friend Miss Kimma! Kimma is a Finish Spitz and a friend of mine owns her and two others! She also shows them. She came up today with Kimma to help me get started on working Bella towards her CGC and the Therapy Dog test.

Next year my friend will also be handling my puppy for me at shows!

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 pm

I love the blanket eater pic!!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Last night we watched the second and last day of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Here are some pictures of the night!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7912
The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7913
This is about as interested in the show as she was the entire night!

The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7914
The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7915
The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7916
The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7918
The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Dscn7917
The rest of the night was spent with me on the floor and Bella chewing her 20$ Elk antler on me or me on the floor and her on the couch trying to lick my face (third to last), chewing her antler in my face (second to last) and chewing on her antler or throwing on the floor and looking down at it until I get (the last picture)

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:12 pm

her face on the 2nd to last one is priceless!

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Bella!   The Adventures of Bella! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Bella!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next